• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 09, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaytay

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Home of the Plow Special
What Kraig meant to say is that the air around the tire should be inside the tire.

It's not a question of supply, but more an issue of LOCATION!
75214.gif

So where's the pic the bug ate ?

Location location location it's all about location ... oh well I'm to old for kids now
whistling.gif

I had spotted a QA42 on ebay a couple weeks ago that was completed restored (per the listing). It looked fantanstic and I considered buying it...and that motivated me to go figure out what was wrong with mine. So, in the effort to save some dough I finally got around to looking at it and discovered when it picked up the rock I hit it bent the auger on the chain side outward so that it made contact with the chain. The chain embedded itself in the auger about 1/2". A long pry bar and some bowling words got it free then about 30 minutes of beating it senseless got the auger back looking good enough to throw snow. I tightened the chain a bit and mounted it back to the tractor and its working fine.

At least I didn't have a busted gearbox, etc. And I saved a couple hundred. My only regret is that thrower on ebay looked the best I'd seen in years. I almost bought it anyway then realized it might make my tractor feel bad...

Craig, I saw the same QA42 thrower on eBay as I am also looking. I asked myself, "why would anyone use such a nicely restored implement for real work?" Needless to say, I passed it up. In addition, the price was outrageous.

Hey guys.... I got a good one for y'all...

K321 Kohler #30 carb is leaking. I've rebuilt this carb a few times to cure it's leaking personality with no avail. I checked the float...not leaking... I looked at the inlet valve and seat. replaced twice. Third time I looked at it, the valve was binding a bit in the seat where it slides up and down. I custom bent the tab on the float ( a little upward crook bend) to keep the valve from coming down crooked and getting bound up. I thought that was going to solve the problem. NO WAY!! It's still is leaking about 5 ounces of gas from 8pm last night to this am. I am wondering if the high speed needle (if it was to contact the side of the housing it is in) would wick gas out of the bowl. There appears to be no cracks of any sort on the body of the carb. It acts as though, over time, the float is lowering and allowing the carb to overflow.

Anyone here had a similar problem?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Carey

Carey,
Try another float if you have one and make sure its set like this.
75221.gif

Also I had a carb that leaked and I couldn't find out where. I dried the carb and coated it in flour and found a crack in the float bowl that I still can't see too well. I replaced it and all is good now.

So is that what they mean when they say roll it in flour to find the wet spot?
roflol.gif

Clint,

I guess I should have said this in the original post...This is the second float I have put in knowing one had a hole and was ingesting gas into it. I have a few more floats I could try, but I'm leaning away from the float as the problem as the one in it now I've shaken and dosen't have any gas in it, but I'm no carb expert. Thanks

Carey

Carey, where is the carb leaking? Out the venturi? Out the bottom of the float bowl? Or? You may have a small bit of something that is not allowing the seat to seal, best solution is to remove the carb, remove the needles and clean it with one of those carb cleaner cans where you place the carb in a basket and immerse it in the cleaning solution. Please be aware that it WILL remove the paint if left in for an extended period. May even remove the paint if let in for a short time. No problem if the paint is removed, other then cosmetic, it'll run cooler without the paint anyway.

One more thing, I've heard of the bottom of the float bowls being bent up so that they do not seal tightly around the top of the bowls. If this is where your's is leaking, remove the bowl and CAREFULLY bend the bottom back out so that it is flat and not concave.

Kraig,

It was, I did and have before... Thanks. I'm baffled beyond belief...

Carey

Carey, I recall there was someone else here a few months or a year ago that had a leaking carb that ended up being a very very tiny bit of something on the seat that didn't come out in the first or second cleaning. You may have to do a physical cleaning, meaning not just solvent, something like a very small piece of wire run through the ports in the carb to make sure that they are clear. Steve B. uses the small wire used to twist tie tags on old <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> parts, think he calls it tag wire.

Steve??

Carey, I think something similar was discussed last year, one answer that was different was from a number of members...close off the fuel valve under the tank when not in use! You'll remember to open it again when you stall after a minute.

Allen, I was gonna hold off and suggest that when he finally threw in the towel...

Re: Carb Floats: Hold a suspect float submersed in very hot water. If there are any holes or cracks, the air inside the float will expand with the heat, causing it to force its way out the crack or hole creating air bubbles that are easily visible.

Carey...try a carb off a Cub Cadet....that should do the trick
wedgie.gif
biggrin.gif

Bren

inside joke...

Kraig,

In your earlier post you asked if the gas was coming from the venturi...Yes it is and then saturating the air filter. The inlet valve and seat are new as new can get. No dirt that I can see.

Carey

Latest posts

Back