• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 05, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forgot this one, the cable TV line is 24 ft. off the ground!
24812.jpg

Hey Charlie,
thumbsup.gif
on the new and improved blower. Looks like too much fun! I'll bet the neighbors just luv ya'
pop.gif

Be careful with that Cable TV line... hittin' it like that will cause a...

...brace yourselves...

snowy picture!!!
joker.gif

Pics from yesterdays snow cleanup...Man the 149 54" blade combo keeps gettin more fun...To bad they're callin for 57 on tuesday with Thunderstorms in N.W.Indiana
thumbsdown.gif

24814.jpg

24815.jpg

24816.jpg

My Dakota "the wonder dog"..As he's wondering what the h*** I'm doin....{a.k.a.Ralph the wonder Llama}
24817.jpg

(Message edited by krandall on January 07, 2005)

Hey Guys

Plowed 6" heavy snow with 169 and 54" plow and no weights other than the 250lb operator.

Question I was smelling something burning but didn't see anything till I shut her down for the night.

I was my front Grill melting. A friend told me it was running too lean therefore running too HOT.

Is this the problem? or is it that the 169 muffler is so big and close to the grill?

Thanks BTW.

Had no problems plowing 3 driveways pushing hard.
Love them Cubs

Damn Bryan, That site will wake you up!!!

Tim, Join the "Melting Grill" club of the 86-169 series.

Tim G. -

I've yet to see a 169 with a melted grille, so I'd have to say that it can't be a widespread problem, as far as defective design goes. I know my grille is in one piece...

Running lean will cause the engine to run hot and can ruin more than your grille
wink.gif

Might also want to make sure that everything's clear under the engine sheetmetal and not blocking air flow.

Bill..

it should pick the front up, of course all of the linkages and pivots etc. must be tight...

SPAM- Squirrels, 'Possum, And Mice

you should see the eyes of boy scouts when they ask what's in the spam

Thanks for the info looking forward to hearing from others.

Here is my Son of 5mths getting excited about Cub Cadets.
24821.jpg

Tim G,
If it's melting in one spot, you have a blowout in your muffler and need to replace it. If it's melting the whole thing, then you have a carb problem. One sure way to see if your runnin hot is to fire that sucker up atfer dark, You WILL see it!
biggrin.gif

Charlie -

Well, yeah, that's now...

But if the PO didn't melt the grille with a stock muffler, no engine mounting bolts, drained oil from his truck used as "fresh" oil in the K341 and other questionable ownership practices...
wink.gif

Hey Bryan, why does that last pic look so familiar????
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

SB -

You mean the one at the bottom of this page? Maybe cuz it's in your "light up my life" mode?
lol.gif

I was thinking more along the lines of "that cross-over pipe sure looks like the one on my ACAD desktop"........
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

(the pic Charlie posted)

(Message edited by sblunier on January 07, 2005)

Bryan...<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">MESSAGE FOR YOU SIRE</font>
</font><font color="000000">Yes, that was the reference...
Did'nt take as long as I thought for you to get it....</font>
<font size="-2">would it be wrong if we made reference to The Holy Grail in our posts, Nothing big just one liners???</font>
<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">An African swallow</font></font>

I have a cub 102 and the fuel tank needs to have pinholes sealed. Does any one know what sealer I can use ?

Walter W,
Personally I would find another one from one of the sponsors and or members rather than fix it.
But, you can take it to a radiator shop and they will sometimes fix them the right way fairly cheap from what I've heard, around 20 bucks.
They do make lots of tank sealers but I've also heard that they may or may not work, could be user error too.
err.gif

My tank was leaking and I soldered it. I washed it about 10 times with very hot and very soapy water. Then I soldered it outside away for buildings with a plumbing torch. You need to sand the outside seam first. Don't overheat the tank you could burn through. Also, don't overheat the tank because the solder will roll off and not seal the seam. Worked great but can be very dangerous. FWIW

(Message edited by tcbusch on January 07, 2005)

Latest posts

Back