• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 05, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill G.

My 1250 will lift the front wheels with no problem when blocked. My implement relief valve is shimed to about 400 lbs.

Charlie- YOU ARE A SICK MAN POSTING THOSE SPAM PICTURES. I can remember when Geo. A was first trying them formulas when they came out a few years ago and the hot that they sell now is MILD compared to the first trys that I have a first batch labeled can of
err.gif
and let me just say the first round burned both ends
lol.gif

And if B&B are in a foul mood I can't wait to say
<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">Help,Help,I'm being repressed...</font></font>

Look out Wyatt, The wife says we're headin for Lansing this morning, so that means lock up yer Cubs cause the Minnesota Express is on the way!

Does any one happen to have Art A. Email if so could you please Email me or if you are out there Art I was wanting to talk to you about the pulleys for the recoil starts.

Charlie: Did you have to make a run to Horsfals, in Lansing, for supplies?

HELP! Was plowing today with my 104, as i have for the past 2 months... and now today when it had a pretty good load to push- it backfires like crazy! It even wants to die??? What the heck? I s this a points problem? Coil going bad? Timing? Any help is appreciated as always.

Tom
5 inches of new snow in Ft. Wayne IN.

Tom, when was the last time you changed the points and condenser? Condensers can go bad and make the engine hard to start, run poorly or not at all. On my 1450 the wire broke off the condenser once and it backfired, had no power, and wanted to die. I was tilling a garden for a friend when the wire broke off. We borrowed the condenser from his '68 Mustang to finish the job. Water in fuel? Ice restricting fuel flow? Aircleaner plugged with snow/ice?

Tom- if it's not an exhaust-valve sticking, it's probably either a condenser, ignition switch, or ignition-circuit wiring problem.

My quarter says your condenser went south.
rolleyes.gif

Hi boys. I've never rebuilt a mechanical PTO before and didn't see a blowup anywhere here. If anyone has time can you post one or send it directly to me? Thanks a million...

Quick questions: Does anyone have the Gates number for the drive belt for a QA42 on a 123?
And, on my 42, how much play should there be at the pillow block where the driveshat meets the auger chain? I see that there are 2 adjustment bolts, with plenty of turns left. There is a bit of slop there and wondered if it should be tightened up. And third, are the parts from my old CC42 (shaft, bearings, gearbox, etc. ) interchangeable with the QA42 I now have on it? Thanks email replies greatly appreciated, my computer time is sandwiched in between teenagers.
[email protected]

William D,
I don't know about the gates, but.
The Dayco Premium belt is P/N 1328 and is 3/8" wide x 27 7/8 or 28" long, which is a solid belt and the IH belt IH-487043-R1 is a notched belt which will last longer and grip better.
24840.jpg

BTW, Most of the time of you will use the search feature, you will come up with an answer too. I did a search for and came up with this.
CLICK HERE
Works everytime.

(Message edited by cproctor on January 08, 2005)

William D,
I dunno if anyone has told you yet or not, but puttin that QA42 on that 123 is not gonna be real joy. Your gonna have to bolt it on there ya know, since the 123 does not have the quick attach.
biggrin.gif

Jim B,
As a matter of fact, yes we did, Course I had to go look at a 800 down that way anyway, grin
And yes, I'm goin back down to get it!
clappy.gif

Latest posts

Back