• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 05, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreinbold

displayname
Dean Reinbold
Richard C.
We have a "Trac-Less" (your photo) here in western NY. I have driven it...Do not like articulated sterring.
Dean

Terry B.

You'll notice that my 100 in the first pics Kraig posted has hyd. lift with a lockout clip available for use.

Bottom line on your lift rod is, make a stronger rod. I can say from personal experience that it's very hard to bend a lift rod made out of 1/2" black pipe with 1/2" round stock welded/bent on the ends. I knocked the moldboard off of my blade quadrant when my blade caught a ledge of ice square on at WOT in 3rd.....didn't do a thing to the lift rod.

Give up on the spring idea and get some schedule 80 black pipe.

Yeah you figure a 40 - 50 pound spring pressure @ the blade edge then you're talking a car spring ;)

Man it's 65º here ! Normal should be 26º !!! 31 mph wind gust too getting ready to pour the rain. Nothing showing on the radar behind the rain where the cold front line is , guess we still wont get any snow
sad.gif

Dave - you get your lathe tool post yet ? I'm making a 4 way post tonight I figured it was time to update the 40's rocker
happy.gif

Nothing like the smell of MMO in the morning...

24786.jpg

Only had my phone on me, so that's as good as the pic gets
wink.gif

As you can see by the marks on the trees, I was flinging it pretty good...

That's awful good for a camera phone. I've seen a lot worse from camera cameras ;)
Twin bird shooters huh ... must be city version of double barrel

Bryan ole buddy ole pal!
I'm thinkin I got ya beat by a foot or two, grin
24788.jpg

24789.jpg

24791.jpg

MAN! I gotta tell you guys somethin, if you ever want to do anything to your throwers so you can really have some fun, do like Steve B did, change that freakin 3 1/2" pulley on your throwers to a 2 1/2"!! Then coat the insides like Kraig does with slip plate.
Then get out there and throw that crap 35 to 40 feet and 25 ft. high all day long, Can ya tell I was havin way to much fun this morning!!!!!!!!!! LOL

(Message edited by cproctor on January 06, 2005)

Charlie,

That was Bryan.....but 40% overdrive is way cool!!!!!

Ken- No toolpost yet, but gettin' closer. Should have a drawbar done and a handfull'a collets for the Bridgeport soon... havin' a tough time gettin' to that side of the shop though... got Cub Cadets parked inside... kinda in the way.

Broke the darned stop-pin on my blade again last night... (sigh) I'll make a few extra this time.

Charlie -

Yes you do, I'll bet you had a LOT more snow on yourself than I did. Ya know, for a guy that says he's got all these cabs...
wink.gif

And when that lil pulley decides to slip, it does a damn good job:
24793.jpg

Ken -

Ah, that dual pipe setup is just something Dan "whipped up" for me. As only Dan can do
wink.gif

Yeah, the camera on this phone isn't too bad. Motorola V400.

Bryan,
Real men come inside covered in white! grin
I've tried the Wind Breakers, Deluxe cabs, Cozy Cabs and I just don't like the dang things for some reason. It might be that when I go out to throw snow, I have a 7 block area that I cover, sidewalks and all and I'm forever stopping to visit with everybody along the way and that gettin in and out of a cab is to much of a PITA!

And you can stop that belt eatin thing by goin to a QL ya know, much faster to flip a switch than grab a handle,
deadat30.gif

Bryan,

From the looks of that belt, your engine is still producing close to rated 16 hp output.

I'm using the Gates Green belt (#340 I believe) available from Fleet Farm. They'll squeal and stink a bit, but don't shread as fast as the black belts do. Got close to three seasons on one belt already.

Cap'n Kirk -

That IS (was?) a Gates green belt!
lol.gif

Ever hear a song and then you hear it all day over and over in your head? Thank's Charlie!
lol.gif
Actually it makes me feel better when thinking of the idiot that ran down our mailbox last night and didn't leave any info.
swear.gif

John, Still waiting for snow

Great fun too Charle, blasting thru clouds of snow into the unknown!
happy.gif

Ya know, I still think it would be fun to have a snow day! If it would snow on a friday night, find the guy that has the most snow, load up and go play for the day.
Yea Bryan, I know, there he goes thinkin again!!!!!

Kinda' funny, for Plow Day we don't want any precip. and now we want it on a certain day. Go figure. Would be a blast and a half though.
flower.gif
<font size="-2">(rotating auger with blue/white snow)</font>

The 71 is doing great handling the 42" plow, but I still think the blower/thrower is the way to go. I've got the 6 X12 tires four 26# wheel weights and my fat a$$. Very little wheel slip. I'm thinking the smoker with a blower/thower next year. Ya, Ya, that's the ticket.

HEY MIKE "M",
How's the 982 doing over there??
animatedIHbear.gif

Charlie/Tom H. -

Hmmm, yeah, I'll betcha the Soldier Field parking lot woulda been a good place today
lol.gif

Latest posts

Back