• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 05, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets see what reaction I get with this.
24801.jpg

Spam. The other <font color="ff0000"><u>RED</u></font><font color="000000"> meat!
chef.gif
</font>

Just curious,
Besides the single bottom plow,
What is your favorite attachment for the rear 3 point or sleeve hitch?
What is the coolest "must have" attachment for the rear 3 point or sleeve hitch?
How does the rear blade do at snow plowing?

Charlie -

I'll be damned, you found it!

OMG, look at all the Spam-o-philes!

Guess ya better look into being a distributor, Charlie!
roflol.gif

Starting problem:

I picked up a used engine (recently rebuilt)from one of our sponsors a year or two ago (I picked it up from him at the RPR in PA). I got sick of the smoke from my 129 so I decided to put it in. It is a K321 so I guess that makes my 129 a 149. It was everything they said it was. After bolting it up it turned over about one turn and fired right off. It ran real good. I started it and ran it threee or four more times over the next couple of days then one day it wouldn't start it would fire occasionally it almost seemd like it was out of time. I decided to tune it (points, plug). It still won't start. It has good spark, it's getting gas (plug is wet),compression seems fine. Any thoughts?

Terry,
The rear blade works OK and nothing more for snow plowing. The blade is too short, you can really go fast enough, and you get a stiff neck in the end.

I think one of the must have
ihrotate.gif
built rear mount implement is probably the #40 box scraper, followed by the rear rake.

I had a blast taking care of the 14" of snow the past couple nights. I had a good time with the 1650 and QA42A snowthrower last night and this morning. I think I have my 106 weighted about right. I have a horse shoe driveway that cuts through a hill at each end. The cubs won't hold the side of the hills to push snow out of the way so I have to back up one side and push it up the other side. I was getting good enough traction to actually pull the front wheels off the ground. They would only go up until the float space was used up on the lift rod but it was fun watching those wheels come up. I have about 65# in each wheel and 150# hanging on the back end. I was pushing snow up about a 30 degree grade with a 48" blade. I was spinning out on the 45 degree side. I have piles over 3' high when I got done tonight.

I vote for the garlic spam. mmm mmm good
biggrin.gif
Honestly, is this stuff really availible?
John

I got frosted 2 times last nite .I moved the throttle linkage a bit and now the 982 has more rpm.blows real good but you have to keep the 2nd stage blower full.

Anybody ever seen sparks flying out of the front of their starter/generator? Did you ever notice how much harder it is to turn the key off when you're wearing thick gloves and in a hurry? Should be an interesting and smelly tear-down. Hope it's just a bearing.

Scott M.,
I would start by putting a jumper to the coil then jump the S/G to make sure it isn't in the key or safety switch wiring that is keeping it from running. Kenny

With the front blade blocked up should the hydraulic system on a 149 have enought power to lift the front wheels off the ground? Don't plan on doing it as a rule but was wondering if should have enought power to do it.

John G. -

Available but REALLY hard to find. Even in the land of Spam-production.

I figure since I can't get tickets to see Spamalot, these two flavors might be the next best thing.

Charlie -

Damn, the Holy Grail can!!!!! They said those would only be available in NYC!!!

And when you're done eating it and watching it, you can play with it
lol.gif

24807.jpg

<font size="-2">SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM lovely SPAM wonderful SPAM...</font>

Back to the snow thing, grin
Last year, using the same thrower and tractor as this year.
24809.jpg

This year, new and improved thrower/blower!
24810.jpg

Latest posts

Back