• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 02, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul W,
I'm not 100% sure but I think at the point of the 82 series the #75's were the only way IH sold the rear wheel weights for the Cub Cadets. At that point the Farmall/International CUB was out of production so the idea of using a parts item for two lines of tractors was out the window.

edit; I think the price of the cast iron vs. weight had to a lot with it to.

Looking for Cub Cadet members in South Africa.

I currently have two cubs in Johannesburg

Atholl:
WELCOME.gif
to the Forum.

What is the weather like right now where you live? Is it not your warm season right now?
What do you think about all the pictures of snow-moving Cub Cadets?

I think we have a member from South Africa, or at least Africa, our moderator Kraig McConaughey can probably point you in his direction.

Happy Cubbing!
smile.gif

http://www.amazon.com/Elements-Desktop-External-Drive-WDBAAU0010HBK-NESN/dp/B002QEBMB4

Every one should consider one of these for there confusers to keep all there Cub tractor pictures stored ; So when your confuser dies ( and it will) you will have saved all those important pictures and info.I have used one of these with my house confuser and now I need one for the shop confuser where most of my Cub Cadet pictures are stored.

also looking at an AGM battery for one of my tractors with just side posts and 450 ca .The price is high but I think in the long run it will be cheaper than killing these garden tractor batteries every year at $65.00 . In three year the battery will have paid for itself ; they have ten year warrinity ,6 years replacement and 4 years prorated.
lurking.gif

On another subject ( I hope I don`t start a long oil debate ); But we had company for supper last night and he drives a big rig . we were talking about the cold and hard starting engines like my diesel truck and my tractors. He said he uses 0 W 40 oil. He has a snow blower and said with just pull start it was hard to start in the cold; but after using this oil he can pull start his blower now with a lot more ease.He said he trucked up in nothern Canada where they used to idle the trucks all night so they would start in the am.Now they shut the trucks down at night even at -45 and they spin over fast and start great in the am. I`am hoping Denny can shed some more light on this oil. would it hurt our Cub engines that need special oil for the Cam. ???
1a_scratchhead.gif

Atholl, WELCOME!
groupwave.gif
WELCOME.gif

Scott, nicely done!
thumbsup.gif
Looks like Dawid is still actively following the forum too.
happy.gif

Paul,
The plastic covered weights continued well past the 82 series. The later ones i have seen had a CCC center decal in one set, others had a yellow/black Cub Cadet plastic emblem in. These weights are produced by some company that supplied many OEMs with the same weights. When I worked at Lawn Boy engineering many moons ago we used the same exact weights.

Jim H,
At least it didn't shred that cushion into bits, what a mess that would make. I would guess that stopped the engine cold?

When I bought my 1450 in '78, the IH dealer only had 50# rear plastic weights available. They have a sort of concrete mix of cement & ferrous material. My weights don't have any logo or markings.
Welcome Atholl...
groupwave.gif

Paul - can you post a pic of those #50-ders? The previous info seemed to indicate IH jumped from the 26# cast iron weights to the 75# plastic covered ferrous metal, and pics were posted of these.

Atholl - welcome to the Forum. What models are your 2 Cub Cadets? Are they possibly what are commonly called "Originals" which was the first Cub Cadet built from 1961-63.

Welcome Atholl.
Wow! Another TWO Cubs in South Africa! That makes it 6 - which I now know of.

Received Atholl's email this evening and pointed him to parts sources. He is only a few miles away from me and we will definetly be in touch.

I changed 'puter and busy with a small truck project and lagged behind on this forum. Now up to date on welded and bent rods, pulleys and sheaves. Either way, you're a great bunch making life so much more interesting.

A belated Happy New year to you all. From a warm 29* Celcius, Johannesburg.

Technical question; Will a creeper and a sleeve hitch from a 100 transfer into a 102 with ease or will I have to modify.

Harry, I can text pic to your mobile phone.... Kraig & Denny have not schooled me into technology enlightenment yet! [& or Charlie too] The weights are very similar to previous pic posted.
happy.gif

Chris E.
It will switch just fine.
If memory serves me right, you'll have to add a handle extension to the creeper.

Paul R - well ya got me. I have my phone set up only for talking, no texting. Maybe Kraig would like to assist again since he probably should have a pic of #50-ders anyway.

Dawid in Jo'burg - well a belated Happy New Year to you as well way down there. Since you mentioned some recent discussion items that are near and dear to me I wanted to thank you. I think adding the drama to the discussions makes them more interesting and actually easier to remember if or when the problem/issue does ever arise in anyones situation.

Harry,
The 128 is once again in the able mode to push snow again.The rear pin was broken.I drove out the front pin,slid the coupler forward,drove the broken piece from the input shaft.Then pushed the drive shaft sidways until I could slide the coupler off the shaft.Removed the pieces,drove in new pins.One thing which may affect the rear pin's longivity is that the hole in the input shaft is a bit egg shaped.We'll see.

Jim D.
Stoped it dead in its tracks like you shut the key off. I didnt get pics of the roll of number 9 wire and the 4x8 sheet of .25in plywood that I found. Ya know it amazes me what people well leave when they loose there house. Although it is concrete on part of the drive and the 582 I bought the other night came with a snow blade so I will probable just leave it there till I can see whats all there. Jim

K341 Front Main Bearing:
Little problem, here. Step 1 in reassembling a Kohler is install front main bearing. This is as far as it seems to want to go. Should it go about another 1/4" to be flush with the block casting? (second pic)
1a_scratchhead.gif
happy.gif

251673.jpg

251674.jpg

Frank A. Currier(Northern Maine)

Best thing to do before you put that bearing in is pop it in the snow . the cold will shrink that bearing and it will fall in .
old.gif

Back