• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 22, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
I just re read your post Kraig and I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head on all counts. So I have to agree with your consenses/analogy/memory.
25836.gif

Charlie and Jeff,
I looked at that Randy Maku rig. Nice setup but the front axle is missing!
clappy.gif
oh, and its a WF.
thumbsdown.gif
biggrin.gif

Terry B,
I'm sure you and I both know that there's a good use for a NF, BUT! I just ain't found it yet, except for maybe a good yard planter or a show tractor, snicker
Real men straddle WF's!!!!
buttrock.gif

All,
I stand corrected on Randy Maku owning that tractor NOW,
<font color="ff0000">Charlie.
You are wrong...that rig now is owned by Pat Irbeck</font>

(Message edited by cproctor on February 22, 2005)

yeah if you'd LOOK where to send payment ....
Put your trifocals back on !

Well like 50% of the time the RFDTV listing is wrong ... no IH trucks we on ... maybe next time frame

Hello all,
I can't believe there is a site like this. You gotta love it. I was lucky enough to find a 80' 1450 last year - it needed some TLC but it runs great. I did some initial web searches on the machine and got sucked into the hobby.
I was scouring the area for months trying to find a blower or blade and almost bid on one on Ebay. Than a friend says he saw a 'white blower and blade' in his buddy's garage (2 miles away from me!) and he only wanted $50 for the pair. I get there and its a QA36A and a 36" blade. I loaded it up in record time before he changed his mind. What a deal. I made my own tire chains (I'm in sales/purchasing for an industrial supply co. - cost about $30 in materials) and it's WAY too much fun plowing with that set-up. I can't believe how easy it is to change the implements - smart system.
I have a few questions. I need the rod that adjusts the chute direction. I'd like to make one myself - it looks like it's just a u-joint or something on there so you can adjust it from the drivers seat? Is that right? Also, the chute seems to clog up all the time - it's got some rust in there - probably not good? Also, what other implements are available for this machine? a 3 point hitch? I want them all... There's an 'international cub cadet' one furrow plow in the local paper - that'd be a blast.
Anyway, long post. Thanks for the help.

Kraig,
Would you be so kind to post the McMaster "U" joint for Jeff "K".

I have a 147 cub and I am having trouble replacing the PTO clutch ANY HELP PLEASE}}

Randy,
What exactly do you mean by having trouble? There are 3 set screws in the pulley that should be removed. Once you remove the set screws you might want to put the hex wrench in the hole to see if there is another set screw. There might be double set screws in there.

I put my hex wrench in the hole but can't locate the set screws I have all the new parts but can't get the old one off !!!

ALSO I am trying to
poof.gif
turning that handle is getting old !!

<font color="ff0000">no want ads in ANY topic but the classifieds</font>

Jeff,
You said.....Also, the chute seems to clog up all the time - it's got some rust in there - probably not good?

Search for slip plate or graphite paint use that to paint the inside of the thrower.

Also, I don't think there are any good rear attachments other than plows, blades, and box scrapers.

Randy,
On the pulley, you either need to get the set screws out or you will need a big hammer and big pulley puller. There might be gunk in the hole, you might want to clean the hole out with a very small tipped screw driver or stiff wire. You should be able to put a small wire into the set screw hole and almost touch the shaft. Try to gage how far the wire is going in the hole to determine if the set screw is in there.

On the electric lift. You say turning the handle is getting old. Do you mean using the manual lift is getting old? I would recommend getting a spring assist or rigging up a spring assist yourself. I think if you get a electric lift you will be disappointed in the performance. They cost about $280 new probably the same used. They will sometimes strip the gears if the lift gets jammed. They also move very slow. Too slow to use when snow throwing if you ask me. I have 2 147's. One with electric lift and one with a hydraulic.

Latest posts

Back