• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 22, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bearing is very rough feeling and is missing a dust shield on the outside and a few balls!! BUT I CAN"T GET IT OFF!!!! Dang thing

Kraig,
I've seen the pics of the crawler before. Pretty cool. I wish I had the time to finish a couple of my restore projects, let alone take on something like those projects. Finished a complete restore on a 104 last fall, and now I have an original, and a 102 waiting. However a second child on the way, along with finishing the basement seems to take priority right now... or at least the wife says so.

Randy,
Go to the hardware store and buy a Cut Off Wheel for your grinder. They cost a little over a dollar. Cut the bearing over the key way. That way you will be less likely to hit the drive shaft.
25894.jpg

Here's another FWD a 70 this time. This one was done by Mike Schultz. Here's what he wrote about it:

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Hi fellow cub fans.
Here is some pictures of my cub 4x4 project. The front end is out of a CJ type jeep. I power the front wheels by another pinion off the ring gear. It has automotive steering box and Johnson loader. The pump for the loader runs off the front PTO so I can turn it on and off. Works great!
Mike Schultz
Kiel , Wisc<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

25896.jpg

25897.jpg

25898.jpg

This was originally posted on Thursday, September 2, 1999.

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on February 24, 2005)

Kraig -

A 70? You mean you don't recognize your beloved slant-grilles?
lol.gif

Perhaps it's just a mutt
wink.gif

I remember talking to Mike right after he put the decals on. he thought it was a 70 then found out it was really a 71.

WES - I concur 100%, pictures don't show the flawless finish detail on Dan's equipment. And as We've all seen at PD's Dan's been at they DO get used!

Hello,
Does anyone have a close up picture of the starter recoil setup-up on a K-161T engine that they could post. A friend of a friend is supposed to have one of these engines from an original that I am going to look at. I need to know what to look for. Thanks for your help.

Bryan, yeah I goofed I should have looked closer, but even a 71 is not a slant grill! Slant grills are the 72, 1x4/5 and 73, 1x6/7 series. :eek:p

Don, do you know if Mike ever finished this project?

25900.jpg

25901.jpg

25902.jpg

25903.jpg

Hopefully Craig Carney will stop by he's the recoil expert. Here's a photo of a recoil Original.

25905.jpg

Charlie, nice! Does that have a nearly perfect seat?

Kraig,
I went on a little pickup tour yesterday and don't have the trailer unloaded yet, but I might just get out there this afternoon and snap a few for ya.
beerchug.gif

(Message edited by cproctor on February 24, 2005)

I took my regular grinder and ground the bearing thin in 2 spots and hit it with a chisel and split it and off the mother came thank you all for your help just resurfaced pulley and pressure plate going back together now, Randy

CHARLIE - Do You know what He used for a dump cylinder on that articulated dump? I've been shopping for a two or three stage small hyd. cylinder with maybe 2 or 2-1/2" dia. first stage, 3" tops, for use on a cart similar to that dump. Over at RPM forum they said some hillside combine conversion kits used cylinders that size but being originally from IL. there weren't too many of those around home.

Back