• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 22, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Randy B: There are two set screws in each hole. The top one is a short flat bottom setscrew that acts as a lock screw. The bottom one is a longer tapered point setscrew that actually holds the cast iron pulley to the bearing. Get you some PB Blaster (avail at Wal-Mart & all auto parts stores) & soak those holes for several days (keep 'em wet). Then clean out the hole to get the hexhead (allen) wrench into the setscrew. When all six (6) setscrews are out then it will come off. Some times even then some tapping from the back side is in order because the cast iron pulley can rust to the outside of the bearing race... Patience & time will get you there....
Myron B

The problem I am having is in heavy snow the clutch starts slipping I already put on a new belt and have it TIGHT and the thrower stops I am hoping the clutch is worn out !!

Has anyone else found the IH putt-putt puzzles at your dealers? I got a set of four this weekend. A spot on their website lists a custom puzzle with your picture on it

Slipping up the chute

Has anyone else tried this: I heard from a friend how he lubes his chute (a green one, unfortunately) and he takes the old fashion car wax, the stuff that is about the thickness of gravy and smells like an organic chemistry lab, guaranteed to get you high if you sniff it very long. Anyway, I just tried it a couple of days ago, cleaning off the inner chute surface as best I could, then wiping on a generous layer. I never had one jam, the throwing distance was the best I've achieved, and the throw pattern from the impeller blades made a neat pattern on the way out the chute depending upon the depth of the snow. Seems to be bettr than Pam, Silicon Spray, olive oil or WD-40. Just something to try.

Dale,
You say -
guaranteed to get you high if you sniff it very long

Are you sure its throwing the snow further? or are those beer goggles your looking though?
clappy.gif

Terry:

I'm sure summer breezes and warm temps under the shade of the oak tree caused a lot more vapors to form years ago than did in my shed with 24 degree ambience of Saturday's waxing of the chute. It would be shear idiocy to operate a nice machine like a Cadet while drinking. The experience of throwing snow with my rig is a natural high without the use of an adult beverage.

Slip Plate is the only way to go!!!! On everything that turns on a thrower.
25845.jpg

Even on the bottom of the chute, Kraig posted a pic a while back when he done his. Oh hell I feel it comin on again!
Try doin a search in the vault,
rtfm.gif
and check out the FAQ's.

Here's the part number for that u-joint from McMaster-Carr:

6445K3 - Light Duty Pin & Block Die Cast Zinc U-Joint 3/8" Bore Diameter, 7/8" Bore Depth, $8.24

Jeff...might also want to redirect your exaust away from the chute. a tiller is also a nice rear option...

One of my buddies has the idea of converting his 100 into a front wheel assist. Got some ideas on how to drive the front axle via the transmission. We know a very good machinist who can make just about anything we need for that part, however finding a front axle is a different challenge and having the entire thing machined would be very costly. We want something small enough to fit under it right and still make it look like it belongs there without changing its width or ground clearance. Anybody got any ideas what we could use? Maybe a four wheeler front axle? It will have to be sturdy as it will be used for plowing, snowblading, and tilling. This aint gonna be no trailer queen. Got any good ideas?

Chad, here's some photos of Dan Hoefler's 100FWD. Dan used a Dana axle from a golf cart.

25849.jpg

25850.jpg

25851.jpg

Kraig - You know..... You could use the DANA axle that's the rear axle in a green hydrostatic lawn/garden tractor. But I've heard they're kinda weak and can break sometimes. ;-)

I have to say that the 100 fwd may be the neatest thing i've ever seen on these pages. Maybe it's just me, but that's awesome.

Can someone post a pic of an original with ag tires on it....I'm making my final decision this week on my restore.

How about an Original M&W with Ags?
25853.jpg

(Message edited by mmasheris on February 23, 2005)

Tom R., have you ever seen Dan's Cub Cadet 100 based crawler?

25855.jpg

25856.jpg

Wow, I remember when they first came out with those...

roflol.gif

<font size="-2">...most heard comment whenever Dan shows up with his collection...</font>

Terry
Thanks, Loader weighs 530lbs,(bucket is 220lb)liquid filled tires and weighs are 515lbs,3 point hitch is 140lbs.My tractor must weigh close to 2000lbs
buttrock.gif
.here are some more pics
25865.jpg

25864.jpg

Back