• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 22, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
25871.jpg

Ok Thanks guys I got my clutch off but I also need the<font color="ff0000">Bearing that the clutch rides on and it is </font><font color="0000ff">STUCK!!! </font><font color="000000">any suggestions</font>

sorry for those who didn't help me last night I am working on a 147 PTO clutch

Randy B. -

Chill.

The bearing has a locking collar that holds it on the shaft. You'll have to remove the set screw in the collar, then "unlock" the collar by getting a punch and hammer and whacking the collar in the direction opposite of the crankshaft rotation. Once the collar is loose, then you can remove the bearing - you may need a puller to get the bearing off but it'll come off.

This is all laid out in great detail in the repair manuals - might I suggest obtaining them if you intend to service your own equipment.

Or as we say around here:
rtfm2.gif

Thanks I ordered a parts guide, a service manual, and operating manual, non of which have arrived yet and living in NY I need a snowthrower that works, Thanks again I'll try that and see if I can get it to move.....

Randy B. -

Thanks for being a model n00b
wink.gif

There are many who could take a lesson or two from you.
beerchug.gif

Tyler T. -

You mean this one?

25879.jpg

For the record, I was up at Dan's house that day with Cap'n Kirk. Dan was driving the 100FWD in the snow and got enough built up in front of the front axle that it got stuck. Other than that, it pulled and pulled and pulled...

I made sure that David was enough of a diversion so I could snap the picture.

Bryan - And remember at PD #1.... Dan was about the only one without wheel weights......Only problem I saw Him have was when He started pushing a pile of bean straw with the front axle housing. Then about a half round later I had that same problem with My frt weights. That's why I don't use them anymore. That 100 FWA is really neat!

Randy B,
Spin the bearing back and forth with your fingers. Does is spin freely or does it catch a little or feel bumpy. If it does I would replace the bearing. No sense in going through this rebuild again, not to mention it could damage your drive shaft. Its a common style and size. You can cut the bearing off with a cutting disk on your angle grinder.
lazerburn.gif

Kraig,
Those pictures of Dan's machines are always a joy to look at but not nearly as nice as seeing them in person.

Anyone tried Line-X on the underside of a deck for sandy conditions?

Thanks for the golf cart axle idea. We just might have one of them around here from an old golf cart my grandfather used to have. I am gonna have to check it out. The best part is if the diff is what I am looking for my buddy has it in good with some guys who specialize in drivelines for off roaders. You guys are great on here, I shoulda signed up a long time ago. Thanks to all.

Back