• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 19, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve,

Excellent observations! I would definately like to add a notched coulter to my list of improvments. After seeing everone else that runs one there is no question about how well that works in trash. Love the titans over all but I agree, a little more clearance is better for this instance. The hitch on mine will be on the top hole as well, that was an issue for the 122, looking back.

Thanks again for all the insight.
Brian

My first and favorite cub is my 122 it's a worker plows snow, drags the gravel drive, pulls the trailer around the yard. Had this cub sence 87 traded an old arc welder for it. Is in need of some rear shoes does anybody have a comparasion of tires heightwise between the firestones, super lugs, or true powers. It has a very old dryrotted set of goodyears on it now which are 23x8.5x12 and the height is a far cry from 23 tall I would like to gain some height if possible but not go shorter. I do no mowing with this tractor have a 1250 for that
Thanks Keith

Not many have signed up for Plow Day @ Travis' yet. Sssoooo.... here's the link to get signed up.
1a_scratchhead.gif
CLICK HERE

I think for now I'll borrow the tires off my son's Cubs to plow with. If' I don't find the Stones in the size needed that is.
happy.gif

Morning all. had to take the wife to work this morning (for 6 am) So after a coffie i think i`ll get the 149 out and have some fun. This snow is wet now because it turned to rain and its going to be hard plowing. i hate wet snow! Have a great day fello Cubbers . later Don T
old.gif

114983.jpg

Nothin' like havin' a wife that has to be at work early to help a guy get an early start in the morning! Bless 'em all!
coffee.gif

As mentioned before I have a basket case 100 that I am working on, Thank you all for your prior input and info. My next question is about the carburetor the one that was in the box is a carter, Model N with the numbers K5 and 3527S stamped on it. Is this the proper carb? Next question: Is there an easy way to repair small holes in the float? Made my own valve spring compressor worked like a charm!,

Larry E.-

That is the correct carb. It's not worth your time trying to fix holes in the float because new ones are like $10.

Don, some guys get to have all the fun! Can I come play. With two cubs we could do the whole neiborhood.

I think We're all waiting for DON to post pic's of His clean driveway....
worthless.gif

Weatherman is saying We're getting 3 to 6" tonight...I think I'll let the weatherman clean it up with the 40 deg. temps early next week!

Jerry B,
It's all my fault since I got the thrower on the 127 and I'm ready for snow we'll never get anymore this season... sorry!

Hey, I won $100 at work this week and Christy said I should buy Cub parts with it... told her about a 10" Brinly plow and she's cool with that, only problem is it's up in the northwest corner of IL. Also looking at an IH landscape rake... decisions, decisions... or maybe that 105 up Hwy 13... I don't have room for anymore Cubs right now. I need to start building implement piles...

KEITH - Just buy the plow and send Me the info on it and I'll go pick it up for You. I'll make sure the moldboard is good and polished up ready to go for You.
lol.gif

Well here are a few shots, but well you know how the road plow makes a few rounds and fills it all back in. did i say wet snow . sure is hard pushing that wet stuff more that once. but had a great time at it. Later Don T ( have rims to take tires off)
114990.jpg

114991.jpg

114992.jpg

Seat time is always great
thumbsup_old.gif

Mark, IF you look at the picture of my 1450 there is a plug with a 1/2" square drive in it. Remove this plug and the hy-tran should be filled to the level ov this hole. If it does not run out, I stick my finger throught the hole to see where the level is, it should be fairly close.

114994.jpg

Kraig nothing new---how many times have I broken this thing anyway?????

DON - Good thng You got out and moved all that snow when You did... Looks like it's MELTING. Santa even looks like He's sweating!

You cas sure tell it's wet HEAVY snow by the way it piles up.

Thanks Scott. I just got this tractor. I raise vegetables on 7 acres. My old tractor was a Roper t20. I took the arm off of it and modified this tractor to accept my implements.

Latest posts

Back