Archive through February 19, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guy's, will the front pto off of a 126 fit on a 104? I know the engines are two horses different but are the shafts that the pto's go on the same diameter? Thanks ahead.

Scott: Yes.
Don: You'll be picking angle worms there pretty soon!
What a miserable day! Last Fall I "upgraded" 149 Fernando's PTO clutch to the one that has the brake on it. Bad move. Bad brake. But wait: There's more: Things worked OK for awhile, but Fernando got progressively harder to start. Today I bit the bullet and checked the points (OK), the carb (OK), valve settings (OK), --- to make a long story short, the whole problem with the engine not being able to crank over fast enough to start was that damned PTO clutch.
bash.gif

Frank A. Currier(Northern Maine) (Fcurrier) here is the pto set up on my 129. just the button here in the center is different to hold the 3 pronged plate on with a clip.the brake with the fiber is move able ,adjustable with the item #2. i have found that the clutch works better if the brake is fitting square to the brake. to mean the washers on the end of iten #12 can be used to align these 2 parts . they are 31 and 28. and here is the picture. Later Don T
old.gif

115015.jpg

here is the early style . they are a lot the same except the button has been change to hold the brake ( 3 pronged #14). hope this helps.
thumbsup_old.gif

115018.jpg

Not a whole lot of progress on the 147 teardown, I got the fenders off. Found one of them "dirty hydros", and a trunion in need of some repair.
115028.jpg

115029.jpg

115030.jpg

115031.jpg

On all plows including my Brinly (cub cadet) plow. I spray them with P B blaster A few days before use. Then when i get ready to plow, spray again. Then when you start plowing the rust comes right off. Of course my ground is very sandy which helps. Just my 02c
Luther

morning guy will a plow that fits an 1811 fit my 982 its a 42 inch or wich plow do i need thanks guys

Hey Steve: A plow is what you use behind your tractor to make rows, before you plant that corn or peas or potatoes ,etc,....most plows are 8-12 inches for a Cub cadet...42 inches ...WOW!!...

Now a blade is what you use to mount on the front or rear to move snow or dirt....is a blade what your are really looking for??

Myron B
CCSupplyRom

boy i have a lot to learn yet an yeah i'm looking for a snow blade for the front mount i found one off of an 1811 i was just wondering if it would fit an work on my 982 thanks again

i forgot to say you guys are the best you have helped me alot i hope one day i will get to pass all the knowledge on an help other people out thanks a bunch guys

Latest posts

Back