• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1450 need help.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
displayname
Richard Bowser
Hello all,

My son and I just got done doing a complete rebuild of his K321. We put the carb back on that was on the engine before. The engine starts and runs with the current carb, but it runs super rich and the muffler GLOWS red. I have it leaned out as far as it will go and the issue still exists. I am not sure the correct carburetor is on engine. My question to the group, what carb should I have on it?

Thanks.

I've found checking the timing with a timing light will help dial in the correct timing. There's a sight hole in the fan housing to view the timing marks on the flywheel. You want the "S" mark to line up with the index nub on the bearing plate. (this will give about a 20* advance) The timing marks on the flywheel are not always easily seen so anything to highlight them, white chalk for example, helps. Closing the point gap a skosh from .020" will advance the timing.

The timing is all in the point gap if the cam and crank gears are correctly lined up.

Hello all,

My son and I just got done doing a complete rebuild of his K321. We put the carb back on that was on the engine before. The engine starts and runs with the current carb, but it runs super rich and the muffler GLOWS red. I have it leaned out as far as it will go and the issue still exists. I am not sure the correct carburetor is on engine. My question to the group, what carb should I have on it?

Thanks.
This YouTube will help you diagnose the problem.

Hello all,

Thanks.
Another possibility could be a leaking exhaust valve.

Latest posts

Back