• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 19, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matthew A.
That pretty much tells ya doesn't it!
confused.gif

Earl F. I see that you haven't been watching the Dog Whisperer on TV or you would have done as Charlie said plus some and before long that dog would have helped you load your vehicle.
coffee.gif

Charlie P. If'n all goes well either late tomorrow afternoon or early Wednesday morning I should be getting the 782D. The snow has been really melting today. I still will just park it for now and wait for warmer weather.
happy.gif
Angel has the camera ready for some pics.The Ol' Dakota needs some front end work. That is cheaper than another truck. ( I did look at a truck near Nevada. I thought it was early 90s. Turned out to be a 1988. Fella wants $6800 for it due to 70,450 two owner miles. It's only worth Kelly Blue Book around $3500.)

Ray - It's not scratches I was worried about, it was scorching/burning the paint-tractor-shed.... I get nervous with unattended electric heaters.
dunno.gif

Charlie did you find that front nose for my blade , yesterday the blade went wild back and forth like hyd swing but got it locked to straight again. The 106 was tough on my new blade she is bent good .

Jim - dangit how can I get any work done on the mill if ya start hollerin!
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

didn't want to scorch my rear end
51947.gif
51948.gif
<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Charlie - bring crutches! Been standing / leaning in front of mill to long !! Bad going right now.

Matthew -- DUH! Self explanatory isn't it ?

Hugh - You kin steal uoz a camrea on dat putermocheen. Does et half a BSU whole?

Ray:
What's the wattage rating on the "Kat's" heater? I'm using a 200 watt job on the back plate, but was thinking of using a lower wattage on the bottom like Kraig shows.

Kraig: Speaking of dog's, where's the tickle point on that rolled over Cub - and when ya tickle it, does it shake a front wheel or back? (I know it's not where "x-marks-the-spot).

Hugh, actually some versions of Win '95 (OSR 2.1, OSR 2.5)will support a USB 1.0 camera, if the 'puter has USB ports on it. See http://tinyurl.com/67lt for details.

You can also put in a card reader and most will have a driver for 95 (I think) 98SE fer sure. I sledge hammered my 95 so I can't go look at it
crash.gif

Or you could get a Sony with a floppy drive like I have but it's been replaced with a Kodak with higher resolution.

Picked up a 127 over the weekend.
It has ome major problem that I need to get fixed befor I can start to use it.
The hydro control lever is very sloopy, lost of movement befor the control tod moves the trunion.
How hard is it to tighten up the control lever at the dash?

Jim L.
To be honest I have not looked. I'll get on that task after I get the cast off tomorrow. I hope!

Oh yea, do we need to start a puter section for you guys?

Lonny,
Check out the numbers 20 thru 23, those are the friction controls for the lever and are easy to replace and or adjust. Once you get it off, or get under the dash, you'll see what I'm talking about.
51960.jpg

51961.jpg

Charlie – If these “puters” would last as well as these old tractors we work on, you wouldn’t need that section for 20 – 30 years.

Charlie, I'll be first to sign up. Been lurking since 1998-99 and took me til last month to figure this out enough to dare post.
coffee.gif
Son just bought a digital camera, maybe in a few years I'll be able to post pictures
lol.gif

Sorry Ken, you was quiet so long I thought you might be in some sort of trouble. Everyone else thought I said " scratch my rearend "
blush.gif

Thanks Charlie,
It looks as if the friction disks are still advaliable.
This will be the first time I have had to work on a 127. Still a narrow frame though. Some day I just might luck out and get me one of those wide frames, other than my 2005 3235 cub cadet that is.

The steering knuckels are easy to change out, some of them are a bit sloopy. Easy fix.

Lonny- If you need to just tighten the friction disc -not replace- just wedge a block against the nut and use the lever to tighten.

Ron S. - Thanks for the tip. I just bought the sg about a year ago, you'd think the brushes would be O.K. I did get it off the internet, maybe it's not such a good one!

Anyone trying to access the Kirk Engines website would think I've gone belly up. NOT THE CASE! My DSL server web host died and the knowledgeable gentleman in charge is trying to get things rolling again. May be a few more days before site is up. If you need anything please e-mail [email protected].

Thanks to all for your understanding.

Sorry, Charlie - I knew we were close to the OT limit when I posted.. it's <u>really</u> all KentucK's fault, though.
(I'm just following his examples).
tomato.gif
Maybe we should use the "Techie Talk" topic that Bryan started a couple of years ago in the Sandbox.

Jim,

I will give your suggestion a try befor tearing the tractor apart to get to the hydro control lever.

Would a 2 stage blower model Model # 190-451-100
from a 1782D fit the 582 without any adjustments?

Latest posts

Back