• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 19, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Mike F.
Hugh is to tight to buy a camera! So any pics have to be taken by Nick Q or I before he can post anything.

Glen C. - Your unconventional hood arrangement, is kinda growing on me - not that I'm about to do the same thing mind you. You better watch out for those short edge lights along your drive. Any significant accumulation of snow will bury 'em and likely result in their getting sheared right off!
biggrin.gif

I had to pay my dad for a new set of lights last year cause the blower I had removed them well. If I had my camera I would have posted a pic. The tractor has no grill insert/headlight panel, the engine looks black, maybe a replace ment, and the decals are missing on the side I could see thru the snow pile. Would have walked up and asked but the dog was not happy I stopped to look and he was on a chain that didn't look too sturdy. The farmer has a large amount of 'stuff' around and hopefully he doesn't want this around anymore. We'll see.

Eddie B,

The belt guide for the #1 or #2 rear mounted tiller is there to keep the belt away from transmission components. With this long of belt run, it will be bouncing quite a bit even with proper tension on it. The belt guide limits those deflections in the upper direction so it doesn't hit and damage the transmission components nor damage the belt itself.

Kevin C,

You might check the brushes in your S/G to make sure they aren't hanging up and are making good contact with the armature. My 149 ammeter bounced all over when I first got it. Took the S/G apart and found that there wasn't much left of the brushes. Replaced them and now the ammeter is nice and study.

Earl,
We've all been in situations like that before.
What ya have to do is judge the strentgh of the dog compared to the size of the chain! As well as the length!
biggrin.gif

Charlie, et all:

Which snow thrower will fit my 147?

confused.gif

Ray, the QA36 or QA42 would be your best bet, however the QA36A, QA42A, QA36B, QA42B would also fit. I think the CC36 and CC42 will also fit but they are bolt on versions originally designed for the 71, 1x2/3 series. Hmmmm, I think even a CW36 will fit but this is also a bolt on.

Hey Kraig,
I went a bought me one of those Kat's Zerostarts.
WHAT A DIFFERENCE! Thanks.
thumbsup.gif

Ray, good to hear that it worked for you, glad I could pass on Dave Schmidt's suggestion. Gotta give proper credit ya know.
happy.gif

How is everyone here doing today??? I was wondering if anybody can tell me what happened to Travis's ccspecialties website. Every time I go there I receive a account suspended written across the screen.
happy.gif

Ray L. - " Kat's Zerostarts " Is that the magnetic heater for heating the Hy-tran in the rear end ? Does it burn the paint ? I bought one a few years ago and never used it, didn't want to scorch my rear end
blush.gif

Jim C., yes, that's the magnetic heater. Put it on the underside of the rear end, it's likely already scratched there anyway. I've never checked to see if the paint is damaged in any way on my 125.
happy.gif

51943.jpg

No Charlie my computer is too old to support a camera (still running Windows95 OS) and the wife doesn't want to upgrade the paperweight yet.

Kraig- I can handle taking the blame cause I've got broad sholders. Just remember if ya want some of them "crumb shower bars" ya gotta be nice!!!
happy.gif

Did get some time to work on the 149 today and swap out the pto clutch. Came right off and I was expecting it to put up a fight. Must be a good sign, tommorrow I think I might try to work on the electrical a little bit on it and try to bring her back to life.

KRAIG - I forget if My magnetic heater is a 200W or 300W but I got it MANY years ago to warm the engine oil for My 72 when I first got the snow blower. It gets hot enough to burn Your hand except when it's attached to something You want to heat. Son used it ten days ago on the engine of the Super H.

Kraig,
Nice looking cub you got there. Very clean with a good paint job. Were you driving on a side hill or something to tip it over like that? Good thing you had your camera with so you could take a picture of the underside. You never know when you are going to need an underside picture, now when someone asks about something that's on the underside of a cub you can point it out with a picture and a red X.

Good think'n!
thumbsup_old.gif

HEY GRUMP, you're awful quiet today!!! Had today off and time to lurk, kinda slow day.

old.gif
angel.gif

Jim C.
I haven't looked to see if there's any scratching on the paint. Shucks, I'm just tickled pink to have the slushie fire up with just a couple of cranks. Doesn't seem to stick real "hard", i.e., the magnet is not that strong. I place it where Kraig sez to put it. If your hydro's like mine, it probably leaks a little and the fluid will keep any scratches from rusting. I don't know how hot they get but I can touch it without too much discomfort. I wear gloves. Since Hytran is probably made to withstand a couple hundred degrees (I'm just geussing b/c car engines get that hot), the heat shouldn't be a problem. I took Kraig's advise and keep it on the tractor for about 15/20 mins. Starts right up.

Latest posts

Back