• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 07, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first Cub my ex and I owned was a 125 that the farmer had just traded for a new one in 1977. He was planting corn and came home to see the tractor sitting in the yard. His wife said it just quit running and the lawn wasn't totally mowed. He went into town after dinner, (West Liberty, Iowa to H.D.Cline) and traded. Had same day delivery so that his wife wouldn't bother anymore him while he was planting. Dealer said $1000.00 plus tax with engine running (no compression had a broken rod) or $600.00 plus tax as is. So, $618.00 and the Cub came to a new home. I ordered a new engine and when it arrived Carol brought it home in the trunk of the car, still in the shipping box. She asked if I needed help taking it out since it took two guys to put it in the trunk. I told her "No, it was already by the Cub and out of the box." Unfortunately when we split up she took all the pics of that and the 682 that we traded the 125 for. I miss those two Cubs.

Ray....must be a narrow frame, gear drive problem......
fence.gif

Never had that problem with the 1450 or the 782 or the 982 or the 782D......
buttrock.gif

The new 2006 CCC literature is in now. VERY nice!!!!

(Message edited by kupdike on February 09, 2006)

Who am I to take on the likes of the Apostle. . . ?

worthy.gif

<font size="-2">Bryan actually married a woman for her tractor?</font>

confused.gif

Bryan....marry???....has the world gone full circle??? Can gear drives and slush boxes live peacefully in the same garage? Wide frames and narrow frames share implements?? <font size="-2">we know that answer</font>.......

Marry? Heck no, I haven't paid the ultimate price for the 1450 yet...
lol.gif

Why buy the tractor when the Hytran's free?

OOOOOOOO.....Bryan is playing with fire. He's gonna pop a relief valve or wear out a hydro trunnion for sure!!!

Ray....he might be using a Brand X substitute or...SYNTHETIC...gasp!!!!

Now that's funny. <font size="-1">and kinda sick. . .</font>
NOTHING, but NOTHING beat REAL Hytran. . .

Wayne , thats a 1961 - 1963 model commonly refered to as an original. looks like a 1961 ,since I can`t see a slot for the steering adj.

Rich,
Thanks, now I have to decide if it's worth 4 hours driving, $30 gas and the $100 askin' price. It's a long drive without knowing if it has a blown engine or trans. The owner doesn't know much about it, bought it to restore and ran out of time.

Wayne

Wayne,
If it comes with everything in the picture I would say that it is worth it. I see that it has an IH-3 point, a set of wheel weights, and some sort of snow blade. Those pieces right there are worth well more than you would pay for the tractor. If it was me, I would jump on it, but that is just my .02, that and I have a thing for Original's
happy.gif

Here is my first (I'm a little late sorry). I got this one from my Uncle, it was my grandfathers. He added hydraulics to raise and lower the deck since as he aged it was tough. The power steering pump does all the work. I am not sure of the year.
33855.jpg
33856.jpg
33857.jpg

Wayne, I'd say it's worth the drive, better hurry up and go or someone else will jump on it.

Jeff, interesting hydraulic lift setup. Looks like your grandfather did a nice job on the installation.

WAYNE - I agree with everyone else on the '61-'63 CC. My Dad sold one on an ad in REDPOWER Magazine about a year ago that was in slightly better shape than that one, His engine runs good but smokes because it was on My leaf vacuum for 4-5 years. It doesn't have the blade, weights, or 3-point and He got $500 sight unseen.... And the check was good! Guy still hasn't come to pick it up, it's about a 400-500 mile trip one-way for the New Owner.

Jeff H., can you post some detail photos of the rear lift and how that hydraulic cylinder mounts on your 124? TIA

Ref: First Cub...
I'd had my one and only (the long suffering 129) about fifteen years before I joined the forum a few years ago... Up to that point, it never occurred to me that I'd ever need more than one or a newer one (although a ported hydro would be nice). I've always figuired that my better half will try to plant it as my headstone when I'm gone - but my grandson will take it instead (and he'll hopefully have kids at that point). I ran into the original owner of mine this morning... ragged him again about buying a 129 instead of a 149(hydraulics.....)

while driving behind a garbage truck I spotted an
IH & pulled the guy over & for a box o beer it was dropped in my driveway. It was a 109, never
even knew these tractors existed.Within 15 min I
located this site summer of 2003 & was amazed at how many crazies were out there & how much info was avail on the site.(thank y'all)The biggest expense was a batt $60 some points,cond,fresh oil & IT RAN woo hoo & the deck worked also.
Since that day I've wondered how I ever lived without a cub cadett.Now I've got 3 he he.

33876.jpg

33877.jpg

hi all, I'm a nebie here, glad to see so many other people working to support their habit like me
here is a pic of my 100 with a danco loader
a work in progress
board-post.cgi

Latest posts

Back