• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 07, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first Cub (86)
buttrock.gif
was a bit on the fugly side but I liked it.

Tom H. found a smile in the block.

33815.jpg

Of course, I couldn't argue with the price either -

33816.jpg

And one more pic of it -
33817.jpg

Ted B. If you want to see a slightly newer (1985) dual port hydraulic tractor, with the 54" blade attached, check out the 'Soon to be the owner of a 1712' thread in the 'Charlie's MTD and CCC Parts And Service Hotline' pages of this site...I just picked one up last Saturday
buttrock.gif

Ted, yes they do. I don't see many cubs in my travels so this was a heck of a find for my first one. I prolly should of bargained with the seller, but I was so excited I gave'm what he was ask'n!
roflol.gif

My first cub a 70 that I bought for $ 25.00 with a creeper but no fenders ...lights...3pt ...or hyd lift...
33821.jpg

The rest as they say is history... by the way 5 more cubs too.

My first Cub Cadet is the 125 that my parents bought new in 1969. My parents gave it to me in 1991 when I bought my house. Here it is in 1975 that's me in the drivers seat with my youngest brother Kent on my lap and my younger brother Kory on the bike. <font size="-2">BTW, the Farmall C in the background was sold a few years ago to one of my cousins, he has it running again.</font>

33826.jpg

Some of you may recognize that photo of my 125 as the source for this.

33828.jpg

The first Cub Cadet I actually paid for was a 125 with a Dexter rotary broom, wheel weights, chains, lights, extra lights mounted on stalks, and a windbreaker cab. I bought this in 1993 for $300. Here it is with the 125 I got from my parents.

33830.jpg

I've got a few pic's of My or more correctly OUR first Cub Cadet.... '61 Cub Cadet.... Pic's are so old they're still B&W.... I'll have to check My photo album at home to see if I have them or if Mom still does. Then I have a real nice shot of the 70 in about 1967 with the "Dual Exhaust" I got for My birthday one spring.... Pair of those chrome exhaust pipes that peeked out from under the rear bumper of VW Beetles with some large dia. electrical conduit. It was all washed up & waxed..... posed on the freshly mowed grass along side the barn. You could clearly see the "M&W Add-POWER Piston Equipped" decals on the hood that I "Borrowed" from Dad's '51 M. The 70 needed the extra power MUCH more than the M did but M&W didn't make a Kohler Pistons. ;-( So I got the decal instead. I could only mow foot tall grass in 1st gear..... Someday the 70 will look that good again!

Charlie,
Great topic. My first Cub was the 124 for which I paid $650.00. In retrospect, I probably paid too much for it, but the paint was clean and I hate doing body work. . .AND, it was a Cub Cadet: a true garden tractor. Little did I know that I purchased what is known as a slant grill: perhaps the greatest stylistic feature invented by the IH fathers.
33832.jpg

33833.jpg

OK, I'll bite...

Here's the 1450 that started it all:

33835.jpg

Didn't have to pay a thing. Just had to move in with Julie.

Hmmmm - come to think of it, I actually pay dearly for it every day!
roflol.gif

Bryan, that 1450 could very well be the most expensive Cub Cadet on the planet......

Tedd, great pic of your first 100 and my second 100, and also THE second 100.
buttrock.gif

Bryan........SOOOOOOOO......When are you going to make it legal??(get married??) Then it's tax deductible!

Gov,
. . .Marrying a girl for her tractor.
tophat.gif

WOW! What were you thinkin"!!?
coffee.gif

You MUST have yellar and white coursing through your veins. . . BTW, did Julie, er, the tractor come with an owners manual?
rtfm.gif

rant.gif
fence.gif
bash.gif
explotar2jr.gif

All,
I better quick qualify my message. Never having met Bryan's better half, I'm sure she's from all he's said that she's an
angel.gif
. . .

<font size="-2">Bryan, you actually married a girl for her tractor!???</font>

flame.gif

As a parallel topic, we should post our wives REACTION at our first Cub.

The guy that turned me on tells how his wife broke out in tears and went back into the house when he dragged his non-running "find" home, and my own wife covered her face in "what will the neighbors think" shame and exclaimed "I can't believe you sold our nice tractor[Craftsman] for this!".

I'm sure there are many more such tales!

Ted,
Like the time my 124 kept dying while my wife mowed the lawn and she almost to killed me. . .
rant.gif

Latest posts

Back