• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 07, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Terry B,
Just a LITTLE MORE information than we really needed!
biggrin.gif

"My butt was flapping in the breeze when I tried lifting them."

Charlie -

Assuming this clown goes and uses the new filename for the graphic, I promise to use yours
wink.gif

Rick M. -

They make it too easy sometimes
lol.gif

Being there is no snow to move this winter, We started a new tradition
33765.jpg

33766.jpg

What a fun way to get some extra seat time

(Message edited by rdehli on February 07, 2006)

Question:

I am timing the new k321 for the 149, and using the timing mark and a buzz box (DVM w./ beep), the point gap is about 35-40 thousanths... This is a new engine, circa 1978-ish.. Is this normal?

Also, I need to weld this up to get the QA attach point back down to 1/2" .. Any words 'O wisdom?
33769.jpg

Hi all,

Just joined recently, as I bought a 125 a month ago.

I have a couple of questions I hope you all can help with.

How do I identify what year the 125 is?

Is there somewhere I can download a manual for it?

Does anyne have an exploded view f the steering gearbox? I have a bunch of play in it, and was wondering hw it loked inside before I did anything with it.

Thanks!! Mark

Mark B.
Welcome to the IH cub cadet fourm, you will like it here, lots of intresting things to learn, lots of tips to pick up on how to keep your IH cub cadet running and sometimes tips on other things.
Scroll up to the top of the page to the faq's to get an answer to the age of your 125, and information on how to abtain a manual.

Try doing a searching useing the search feature at top of page to find an answer to the steering problem.

This is the best answer I can give as I myself do not know the correct answers to your questions and it is more than likely the same answer you will get form others here also.

Don't let this type of answer get to you, its not ment to be a snide answer, just the best, honest answer I can come up with this late at night.

Rob Dehli,
Excellant photo! I love ride my children on my Cub also, I have four children so I have to pack them into my cart, maybe one gets to ride in my lap. It is wonderful times...Believe it or not, here in Alabama we had a little snow this past Tuesday morning for about 10 minutes until the thunderstorms came through! Thanks for sharing those photos.
Jeff Hines

Scott T.,
At .035 to .040, that motor would be so far timed in advance it would spit and bark out the carb while cranking over. Sounds like the flywheel key may be sheared slightly. You looking at the right mark? All my K Series like .017-.018, even though .020 is the spec. Kenny

Mark, welcome to the forum! The 125 is my favorite model, I have 2 of them. I also have a 105 which is the 10hp version, though it'll be a 12hp when I get done with it. :eek:)

Rob, great photo, Cubbin' with the kids!

Mark B., the first thing you'll need to ID the year of your 125 is to get the SN off of it, there should be a SN plate on the left rear next to the drawbar. In case you didn't see the link to the FAQ at the top of the page, here is another LINK to it. FAQ entry #10 is the one you want for finding the age of your Cub Cadet. Be sure to read through the FAQ as there is some good info in it including some info on servicing the steering gear box which is FAQ entry #16.

Kenny
that's what i 'figgered.. this is a brand new motor, w/ new everything. The timing mark, according to a kohler manual should appear behind the starter motor. I had to drill a hole to see it, to match where the manual says it should be. there is a cast in line on the aluminum plate behind the flywheel. I can see the 'T' and the 'S' stamped into the flywheel. There is another hole below the coil on the other side, but that would be too far the other way... I'm corn-fuzzed....
crazy.gif

Charlie, that's the one model Cub Cadet (a 100) that Robb has said he wouldn't mind owning. It that SB's 100? Where is that photo from?

Kraig,
Robb posted it on the WFM site yesterday, BUT, he did say on the phone yesterday that if he could find a 100 with fenders, creeper and the works for 200 bucks, he'd have to buy it! LOL

Charlie, WHO in their right mind wouldn't buy a Cub Cadet 100 for $200 if it had fenders, a creeper and "the works"?
happy.gif

Kraig; Thanks for the info on Carb repair kits, I had to go back to work yesterday before you posted so just saw your response today. I had bought some kits from CCS in the past but e-mailed them several days ago and had'nt heard back from them yet.So was gonna check with another sponsor but was'nt sure of kit# I needed.

Latest posts

Back