Archive through February 03, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question: Will a rocker shaft lift arm from a 1450 fit a 1x9 with hydraulic lift? Thanks,Dustin

JIM H. - Yes, the CC Owner's manual says to leave the PTO clutch ENGAGED so the pilot bearing & thrust buttons don't wear when there's no attachment hooked to the PTO. I don't know if it really makes a difference but I do it too.

PAUL - You made it to Wilson's Mile event? Great pic's in RPM a couple months or so ago. That was My only free weekend that whole month so hated to plan a road trip but since Wilson missed His Mile I'm about 98% sure there will be another event in two years. If so there should be TWO more FARMALL's in the line-up. A Super H and a '51 M ready to plow! They take up more room than CC's. I'm looking for IH #60 plows for both of them (a 2-14 & 3-14), not the #8's that would be period correct. I've spent enough time in My life cleaning out trash from them already.

I'm going to try and go look at a 104 this weekend. The owner says it runs good and he's the second owner. Since I'm not only new to the forum here, but to Cub Cadets as well (I'm a JD and WH guy) what should I look for, other than the normal stuff, i.e. engine, spindles, etc. Is there anything in the shaft drive to look for, transmission, any quirks?

I may have found answers to most of my questions - hmm, it seems I should have read the FAQ more carefully. A lot of info there.
stupid.gif

Does anybody know why the kohler sevice manual specifies a .035 plug gap,but the IH Cub Cadet operators manual says .025? (109-149 models)

Thanks
Dave from the frozen north.

Denny
It is my understanding there will be another mile attempt in two years if the property is still available. I was told it is for sale.

Dave Lawson: Good question. I've been wondering about it myself, after reading a post awhile back that suggested .035". I'm thinking of splitting the difference -- .030". Maybe it's a difference between Champion H10C and Autolite 216?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Paul, I hear you on not taking photos but I had to ask.
happy.gif
Good to hear that you are OK on both counts.
thumbsup.gif
Those popping trees would be a very strange thing, hopefully I'll never experience it fist hand....

Terry R., if only more people would read those FAQs. I applaud you for doing so!
greenthumb.gif

Anybody else here having trouble getting a hold of Charlie, CC Specialties?

Paul Bell, thanks for the pics! and the memories, I had forgotten about the snowfall. When I returned to town I had to start calling in crews to clean \ sand the roads. You would've thought I had traveled to Spain and back the way the town managers were acting! LOL..

That was a great day all things considered! And Jason and I used to chat once in a while on the side. I remember him and that 70 now!

Hanging out with Mr. Funk were definately good times!

Thanks Guys!

Mike

Latest posts

Back