Archive through February 03, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fcurrier

displayname
Frank A. Currier(Northern Maine)
Now THAT was a hard bite by the Archive Bug!
114235.jpg

Took a while to catch up on reading all the posts over the last week. We lost our power a week ago because of the ice storm and didn't get it back until late yesterday. And, the worst part was there was a power line down about 3 feet above our driveway. They had something like 800 crews come in from all over the area (mainly north of us) that have worked around the area for the last week. My hats off to these guys that work in snow and ice to get electricity back to everyone. Late yesterday there were 7 trucks in front of our driveway getting power back for us. An hour later we had power again. I was getting tired of running the generator and firing the wood stuff. I don't know how people are getting by that don't have any heat or reserve power but are still without electricity. There's still a lot in the area that still are waiting.

To keep this post on subject, I did get the Model 72 out and use it to repair some barb wire fence. There were 3 places where the ice had caused trees to fall across the fence and break the barbs. The 72 did Ok until I headed back to the barn. When I was trying to get up a grade to get back into the barn it kept spinning in the snow until it got to ice and then wouldn't move. My son and nephew helped push it up the hill and back into the barn.

Frank C: That diagram for the 70/100 you posted has the Gray wire from the Regulator Bat Terminal going to the wrong side of the Push/Start switch IMHO!! Now that will screw up the uninitiated.. Please check it out...

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Myron, agreed...suspect that will do weird things to wires and regulator.
Late edit: Line drawings in the FAQ's are wired correctly.

James mc, I had trouble with my clutch ,make sure the basket pulley has not slid away from the motor . Then the clutch disk bottoms out on the back of the pulley ,that made my clutch not desinguage on my 147.

For those of you who don't know who we're talking about, here's a pic (taken by Kraig the great) of Dual-Stack-100-guy.

114243.jpg

I'm sorry to hear that he's no longer with us. I used to enjoy seeing him at these events.

Myron-
Good catch!

Steve B. Thank You. Yes, that was the gentleman. I'll miss him. (I can still see him and how he pointed out his car and trailer with pride.) Mike M. inherited a Keepsake 100. What an honor.

John U. All three of my plows need polishing. I'll start doing that tomorrow. Today was just a veg-out day. AND... as usual I'll accept and appreciate any and ALL help that i can get.

But the coil wiring for Tim is OK? Actually, he could've just asked his wife. I'm thinking of the ad in our local SwapSellBuy where the guy advertised a set of encyclopedias. Said he didn't need them anymore - his wife knows everything.
biggrin.gif

114247.jpg

114248.jpg

Art and others,
The fellow you're talking about name was Lloyd, can't remember his last name.

Hello! I am looking at my first original this saturday and wanted to ask if there was anything I should watch out for. I have a 100, 72, 149, 1250, 1450 and a few others, but I am not very familiar with the original. The person I am going to see gave me this description:

Restoration Project! 85% done has correct fenders lights brinley hitch and 3 point lift. BB-36 inch snowthrower, Timed mower deck,new tires tubes and alot has been sandblasted primed and painted. 7 horse Kohler Motor new battery and a ton of parts for it,all new. Has correct front hubcaps and rear wheel weights. Have all the manuals for it. Over 3 grand invested!"

Any advice would be appreciated. A ballpark figure of the value would be good too

Thanks,
Earl

well now guys we got snow here and got about 30 min in to the yard clean up. Will finish in the am.
Got some seat time and i have big banks to clean back now lol.
114253.jpg

114254.jpg

114255.jpg

Tom, I got the packet. Also when are you going to bring the goodies to Mike M's house?

here are more. i just had to plow a some more.
Later Don T
old.gif

114262.jpg

114263.jpg

991, had to take the wife to work and plan on plowing a little later this am. hope somebody got more snow than we got here.The 149 works great and its a blast to plow.6.40 am here. have a great day
old.gif

Frank C:

That is an outdated Schematic for the 70/100 Series.

The gray wire has been corrected on the newer schematic.

thumbsup.gif

Art A. I don't know how I missed your picture right under my post last night. Thank You for posting the pic.

It is -5* outside right now. Too dang cold to do any polishing of the plows today. Angel would kill us if Fancy and I brought a plow into the house for such a thing.

Art, that photo was taken at PD11. Found his car in the background of another photo I took at PD11 and another of him at PD8 but his 100 only had one stack. Very sorry to hear that he passed away. (BTW, I don't consider myself great in any way, shape, or form.
blush.gif
)

114270.jpg

114271.jpg

Latest posts

Back