• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 03, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good afternoon,
The worst snow in several years and my 104 won't run to blow the snow out of the driveway.
The thing will start but only runs for about a minute or two. Then it starts to die. If you pull the choke out, you can kind of keep it running. It's like it's running out of gas. I've changed the plug and points, cleaned the filter in the glass bowl below the carb and put some dry gas in the it. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks

Is the carb loose? Sounds like a bad vacum leak or the tank cap vent hole stopped up.

<u><font size="+2"><font face="times new roman,times,roman"><font color="ff0000">SUPERBOWL SUNDAY!!!</font></font></font></u>

Kevin-

Did you clean the carb? You need to clean that too, not just the sediment bowl. If there's crap in the main needle it'll do that. Sounds like a good cleaning and a carb kit are in order. Also check the gas line, sometimes stuff gets past the sediment bowl too...

Thanks for the advice.
I just put a new cap on the gas tank last summer so I don't think that's it. I haven't checked to see if the carb is loose though.
What does a carb kit all consist of?
Thanks again.

Gaskets mainly which you'll need if you take it a part. There could be some tiny grit in the needle seat not letting the gas in. Have you opened the drain on the float bowl and let it run out til you are sure gas is coming from the tank and not just the bowl?

Kevin,
Here's a carb kit.
51077.jpg

Kinda funny how when your cub is on the fritz, it's the worst storm. When it's running smooth, it's the best storm.
baldguy.gif

Ken,
The guy in the helmet looks like our old friend Bill (Darth)Gates I think.

Anyway, with a more on-topic note, I got a set of those bronze PTO buttons from the guy who sells them on Ebay. The button that goes on the lever is installed with the help of a hydraulic press, but the old button on the PTO is different than the button on the lever. Since both of the buttons he sent me are the same, the second button will not fit the PTO without either modifying the spring, the button, or both. I can always use the second button as a spare or use it on the 102 if I ever put it back into mowing or snowblowing duty, but I would like to hear from you guys who have installed them too.

Kevin take the carb bowl off the needle might be stuck shut .Be carefull of the gasket,or do you burn gasohol might be water in reg gas hope you get it running .

Holy Crap Charlie isn't froze down in this frozen tundra up here!!! He must have been out checking his cubs all night and day to make sure that they are nice and warm!! LOL

Thanks for picture and help. I'll let you know how it turn out.

Bruce - Dan started making those bushings. Never heard any complaints from his. Don't know who's selling them on epay since I've never looked.

Don Vogt has a link for some of Dan's products.

Ken, AFAIK, the guy with the buttons goes by the handle Criker1, and lives in Nebraska. There is a guy who has Stainless Steel buttons that go on the PTO spring as well, Wright Machine and Supply, and lives in Kentucky. I could get a set of those too, but I just got the darn thing back together. The PTO button is worn, but will hold in there a while longer I guess.

Bruce-I've used those PTO buttons, I got them from Madson's ( great people to deal with ). I'm pretty sure they are from Dan. They are threaded and come with a lock nut. I had to drill out the lever just a touch ( 1/64 ? ) to install. ( hey-I'm a carpenter , a touch is a little bit- if you need a finer measurement you use hairs- finer, use different color hairs, simple.

Evnin guys..My step father has a sleve hitch plow burried in the barn. He sais it is a David Bradley. Any one know anything about these or have pics to post of one?
Thanks
Bren
To keep on topic, I'm lookin to pull it behind a 70 I should be picking up this week.

Brendan,
You want us to post a pic of a David Bradley plow?
Why? We don't use'um.
Now if you want a pic of a Brinly plow, which we do use,
51083.jpg

51084.jpg

Sorry Digger
bottom.gif
, just figured the price is right. The cub probably won't mind draggin it through the ground as long as it's the right size.

Back