• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 07, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ethan,

Dad (John) is right about being bit by the Cub Bug. It was that 149 that started it for me... As I got older, not only would I run it, I would do the maintenance and repairs. Many times, Dad would get a call at work: "Hey can you run by B&D (local dealer) and pick up an XXXXX". Next day, I'd be out putting the "XXXXX" on the tractor. I've replaced the spirol pin in the rockshaft more times that I can remember, but the rockshaft was replaced and fixed that problem. I would do the seasonal switch-overs, as our tractors earn their keep 12 months a year. I now have 4 or my own, a 1650, 1450, 127 and most of a 782. The 1650 and 1450 are here and my workers, the 127 came as a package deal with the 1650 and its fate is still undecided, and a 782 that was bought with a blown KT-17 for the accessories it had. The 127 is our only narrow frame, and needs some attention.

Between Dad and I we have 14 IH Cub Cadets and all but 3 are wideframe/quietlines. I bought the first quietline, my 1450 when "The Boss" said she wanted a garden, so I hit the local papers and on July 3, 2007 my 1450 came home, and the collection in both places grew from there.....

Here is how my 2 workers sit at the moment:

My 1650 with a QA42A snowthrower:
312579.jpg

My 1450 with a 42" Hydro Angle blade: (my 1450 is a "twin-stick")
312580.jpg

Here is Dad's 149 (the one bought in 1978) and his 782:
312581.jpg

You have seen his 1650 in his profile, and we don't have pictures of the rest..... Yellow Fever is contagious, and has no cure.... now when we are out traveling, "The Boss" spots them and points them out as much as I do.

To answer your question to Dad, Yes, Ethan is his grandson who is 17, he is the 2nd oldest of our 5 kids. We have a "his, hers & ours" thing going. 3 boys (the 2 oldest, mine and the youngest a boy, ours, and 2 girls, hers, but we have all 5 of them here) and all 5 are both ours, not "yours and mine" Mom and Dad have a picture of me standing on the Tunnel Cover on one of Dad's Cubs when I was 2 or so, and we have repeated that picture with the 3 boys when they were about the same age. (The Boss and I had not met when the girls were that small)

Attachments

• 312581.jpg
    312581.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 312580.jpg
    312580.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 124
  • 312579.jpg
    312579.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 128
  • 312581.jpg
    312581.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 129
  • 312580.jpg
    312580.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 113
  • 312579.jpg
    312579.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 132
OK, here's another pic of Ethan's 125. He even got the rear sleeve hitch, and I forgot to mention the AG tires. He must have just installed those.

Ethan - how much did you say you paid (STOLE) this unit for!!!!!
correct police.gif

312584.jpg

Attachments

• 312584.jpg
    312584.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 106
  • 312584.jpg
    312584.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 110
Hydro-that would FIFTY dollars American sir,and yes I put those AGs on a week after I bought the 125 all the tires were flat when I got(maybe why we needed six guys another tractor and a lot beer)

Did I see a conversation about the use of snow chains with AG tires????and if I'm not crazy what was the outcome of that discussion???

Ethan,

They will work, but the consensus is turfs and chains work a bit better. The chains will fall between the lugs on an ag tire, and the "smooth" surface of a turf tire keeps the chain better pressed to the surface. I say this for snow/ice conditions.

If you are looking for traction in the dirt, such as running a moldboard plow, the ag's ROCK. We plowed for years each fall, with turfs and chains and it worked. My 1650 came with the original turfs (the ones in the picture with the thrower) and a set of ags with the black weights installed (also in the thrower picture). It's amazing the difference in plowing dirt with ags and weights, vs turfs and chains.

If you only have one set of tires, no need to run out and buy another just for chains, use what you have. But if you are fortunate enough to have both sets, they do shine were they are designed to be used.....

Scott-that makes sense and what I kinda figured that turfs have more "surface area"to engage with the chains I only have the AGs at this point but I want to grab some chains for use with the AGs and in the future with turfs

Ethan - I gotta ask - didn't those AGs cost you more than the tractor?

And by the way, the sleeve hitch is worth more than you paid for the tractor.

Ethan,
You scored!
thumbsup.gif
buttrock.gif

Attachments

• buttrock.gif
    buttrock.gif
    439 bytes · Views: 112
  • thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 117
  • buttrock.gif
    buttrock.gif
    439 bytes · Views: 110
  • thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 110
Ethan, just the seat on your 125 is worth more than $50!
a_blink2.gif
You sir got an amazing deal!
greenthumb.gif

Attachments

• greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 109
  • a_blink2.gif
    a_blink2.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 119
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 110
  • a_blink2.gif
    a_blink2.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 119
There goes Hydro calling a 3pt lift a "sleeve hitch" again.

Back