• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 18, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The PTO bearing on my 149 had a catastrophic failure. So I'm heading out to NAPA to get a new $13 bearing RA100RR (1/2 price of MTD). I'll also rebuild the PTO with a bronze wear button and stainless steel thrust button. I've found the OEM thrust button rusts/pits and over time does gall the bronze wear button, so I figure to try the SS version. I'm thinking of putting Slip Plate on the new thrust button for added protection from wear. Has anyone tried this yet? BTW - I noticed that Slip Plate is now being sold at Ace Hardware as an aerosol known as MowerGuard (.com)

Roy, not sure how long the Slip-Plate will hold up in that application, my guess is, not very long. FWIW, the spray can version doesn't have as much graphite content as the brush on version.

ROY - I agree with Kraig...Slip Plate probably isn't the right tool for THAT job. I'd try Anti-sieze assembly lube....mostly Moly powder in paste form. And there's only one or two types of stainless steels made for use in sliding or rubbing applications and I guarantee You won't find it in a hardware store! In fact most small lot steel service centers don't even stock it. I'd make sure Your steel center plug is smooth and radiused and use the anti-sieze to protect for rusting & pitting.

Trying to post a pic for the first time.
59412.jpg

This is my son on his 109. No, that's not his smokes.

Thanks to all regarding the 782D!!!
First I have to make the culprit deliver the goods. I have this distinct feeling thet he did not like the selling price and now is trying to back-out by telling me it is broke! Hope he has a GOOD attorney, better than the firm my son works for. I don't roll over and play dead. I want the 782D regardless of condition and will pay the acution price. I am calling his Bluff! If I don't hear back by the end of the day, he has a surprise in store. I don't doubt that he had a higher offer on the side and wants to take it, hoping I will relinquish based on his words. The time line does not fit. Also, his asking that I don't post a negative....
I started out being cordial, gloves are off now! He does not understand that I thrive in the legal system and spend substantial amounts of time advising attorneys. Yes advising!
All I want is my 782D. He has caused me a series of disruptions and caused one of our members to schedule item pick ups only to have me tell him I may not be making the trip. I don't like causing people problems, but this yahoo has cause me to do just that.

Myron:
Yes, I was going to visit the sponsors and purchase what ever I need to work on this Cub.

Frank, I bet that seller is hoping you do not come that far after it.

Does anyone else think that this sounds kind of fishy? It sold for a fairly low price for the model.

First of all what in the heck was the guy doing mowing with it if someone else has bought it?

How did it blow/what's wrong with it/?. The guy said it ran great before the auction ended. Seems like only mowing would be easy service for that engine.

I bet it sold for lower than the guy wanted. He saw how far away you were and figured you would not waste your time driving that far for a broken tractor, so he had a way to get out of the sale witout bad feedback. And it made him look like a nice guy.

I may be wrong and things may be on the up and up but just seems fishy to me.

If it was me I would tell him I was still coming and see what he says. After all the auction is a contract....

The only bad thing now Frank is you are at the risk of sabotage if he was telling you a story and it did not blow and you show up at his place.

This is probably why the only tractor I have purchased on ebay is my 782D. There was a <u>LOT</u> of things about it that should have been included in the listing, i.e. deck was toast, wiring issues, really old, stale fuel in tank, tire that won't hold air. Whenever I list a tractor on I be sure to put in its problems and faults (and use a reserve price auction so I don't screw myself), 7 tractors sold this way with no issues. I just wish other people would do the same.

Frank-

You would not believe the amount of CRAP people try to pull with these things. There is at least one person trying to do something illegal with almost every item I list.

Frank - You took a bad risk to start with. He only has 1 feedback rating and that as a buyer. I don't blame ya though, I'd have took a shot too for that price.

Finally got my 106 into working order this evening. None of the local hardware stores carries cone point set screws, so I had to go to the local Cub dealer to replace the one that broke when I was putting the PTO back together. Seven bucks for one set screw! But, it's working now, and that's what counts! The voltage regulator seems to be behaving itself, I'll have see how the battery holds up. Just finished mowing the lawn, and it ran like a champ. It still needs some TLC, but it's working well enough to cut the grass.

Here's a pic:

board-post.pl

Latest posts

Back