Archive through February 01, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang man! DANG!!! I wrecked my cub!! DANG MAN!! I was going full speed plowin down the street and I hit an uneven part of the pavement. It bent my whole blade! All the way to the tire!! Had to get a sledge hammer to move it off the tire. Now, it's 3 inches higher on one side!!
bash.gif
bottom.gif
explotar2jr.gif
sad.gif
wedgie.gif
I cant believe this... And we have more snow commin!!! I'm gonna take it to a friend of mine who has a shop. Then we can straighten and weld it back. Oh well, I wanted to redo some metal work anyway. BUT DANG MAN!! I BROKE MY CUB MAN!!! Im sure glad I got a snow blower for it this year...
banned1.gif
draw.gif
Shift.gif

Wayne S. Nice find there.
220572.gif

Not sure how much snow we've received here. The wind is really blowing it around and when I got home I had to plow through two one foot drifts to get to where I could park the Dakota. I'm not sure that I'll make work in the morning since it is supposed to snow more tonight and keep blowing.
220573.gif
220574.gif

Ok--- to much snow for the CCO. Waited too long. Too hard on the whole tractor just ramming the pile over and over. Belt to clutch not happy, chirps then starts dragging doun engine when everything stops. Another 500 pounds and more power/ Naaaaaaa just need a blower this time!

Paul Pimental, I'm over here in So'Eastern Mass., I bought a qa36a last year but just now had the opportunity to use it on my 73. Like you I would just clog it up, seemed like instantly too! But after a couple false starts I figured out that it just doesn't like to work when empty! But it's very close from working great and chock full! LOL.. I have a creeper but for the wet 4 : 6 inches today, I didn't even use it! You "tune in" to the sound of the motor working but not bogging and she just eats that snow! Since I'm on the coast, we got rain into our snow and my neighbors with snowblowers were having more trouble with clogging than I was. To move a pile so I could park the car ( pahk the cah rofl) in the yard last night, I used first gear with the creeper in and stuffed the thrower in and when it began to bog I just steered away from the pile and when the motor began to recover, I steered back into the pile, In maybe 5 : 10 minutes, I had a space big enough for the f-150. And I had a smile bigger than the f-150!

I hear ya Marlin H...over here in Ames is pretty nasty. Blowing right through Iowa State Campus making drifts...

Tim,

I'm with you on giving up on the blower for this year. My problem is that my driveway is all ice and even with chains and weights the tires just spin. That blower weighs too much, even with both me & my wife on the back of the 102! So, back to the drawing board & come out fightin' next year!

Today my wife cleared snow, twice, with the 129 & blade, and did a pretty decent job. Driveway's getting narrow, though...

Most of the heavy work's been done with my C this year. But the icy drive is still a problem. Luckily I bought some chains for my C today from a guy only two miles away! I think he said he had 20 Farmalls, mostly As, but a few Cubs, a few Cs, and a couple of Hs and maybe an M, if I remember. Variety is the spice of life!

Mike "F",
You are 100% correct. These tractors are made to work , so give it to her!! You need to keep the thrower full, but not too full as to kill the engine or smoke the belt, otherwise it just spits snow out.

Trailer queens are for summer, it winter now boys and time for workin' Cub Cadets.

Allen Schumacher

I have cable internet something like 15 meg a second they say.

Lewis P

I just watched your video and anyone who has a single stage thrower should see how you work that to remove the snow. It looked like you where shooting it about 35' there most of the time.I would say that tractor and thrower works great,thanks for sharing .
thumbsup_old.gif

Well I just check to see what we have for snow and we have about 6" here and a lot more on the way they say. I will see what a two stage blower will do in the am.I would go out now but my wife would have me committed lol.I think I should have my 42" on a tractor next winter just for fun, so I can see what it will do. I checked it over using what to look for and I think the thrower was hardly used and in great shape. Should be a blast .

You guys be careful out there with your blades and throwers in areas that you have never used them before. Snow will cover a hazard that could cause a lot of damage at WOT.
old.gif

I heard today the 129 with factory hydraulics is somewhat a rare bird. Does anyone know much about this model? I posted the serial number ealier (yesterday) if that helps. It's the thread asking about yellow paint removal from the label and it shows the number well. I guess it's something like the 169 with a manual lift. You don't see those everyday either.

Jeff Baker,
Look out! I hear 20 is closed west of Rockford w/6' drifts.

timothy teague, BTDT!!!! It'll bend back... I used a 60 T press brake at work

Joel D,
fill the tires with fluid, and air them down.. let them squat... more traction...

Lewis, THATS what a thrower does... Dang!!! Almost makes you want to throw it back in the driveway just so you can go at it again!!

Hey Charlie, can I get one of these FREE clocks? Does it come with new batteries? If the old ones operated it from 1961 to 2011 they may need to be replaced!!

clappy.gif
clappy.gif
clappy.gif
clappy.gif
clappy.gif
clappy.gif
clappy.gif
clappy.gif
clappy.gif
clappy.gif
clappy.gif
clappy.gif

Think WIS DOT pulled all their trucks until morning around Madison. Hard to tell how much snow we've had since about 4 PM, it won;t sit still long enough.

I suspect it will be a bizarre landscape tomorrow AM. About 1/3 of my driveway is still bare concrete, but between those bare spots are 2-3 foot drifts. By daybreak those drifts could be MUCH taller.

ART - Just saw my first snow plow go by since 6 AM this morning. It was a big articulated 4WD end loader with about a 15 ft wide blade instead of a bucket. He must have been looking for DEEP snow, didn't even have the blade on the ground.

They officially called off JIMMY the Sun Prairie Ground Hog Day ceremony for tomorrow morning. Six more weeks of WINTER I guess!

Ryan M. It is now 3:38 a.m. and the town truck just went by however my driveway will be the challenge and then if I am viewing this correctly Iowa Road Conditions then all the roads are closed and I could get ticketed if I go on them. I know that Lincolnway will be totally drifted shut. No way am I driving the 125 and snowblower 17 miles just to get to work.

1250 with wet brakes. The 1250 I have has wet brakes, looking at the manual it says it should have external. Anyone know what was most common?

Wayne Makowicki

I know a 125 has a brake puck inside the rear end and might be called wet brake for that reason.A 129,149 and a 1250 should have the disk brake set up and would not be a wet brake,A 1250 should be ql and a disk set up i think. Hope someone can set me straight on this also.

I have maybe 10" of snow now in my driveway and knee deep where the county has plowed accost my drive way . I`am getting ready to go out and blow the snow out of the drive way in a few minutes. I will soon know if all my hard work on the 450 snow blower was worth it or not lol. More snow coming and its still snowing now with no wind to speak off. Just finish my Coffee and I`am off to play.

Latest posts

Back