• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 01, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rporter

displayname
Rich Porter
Charlie, Thanks, I found where plow day is and who's farm, I guess and that it's at Rockford,Ia. Next, I'll have to find where the Farm is. Thanks again,,,, More Cub seat time coming this weekend here in west-central Iowa in the form of White Flakey water
bouncy.gif
bubbly.gif

Well its been a few days without work/progress on the cub 128. I figured I would throw my sn out there. 412955 built Nov. of 1971 as best as I can figure.

Alas, we are getting pounded by the rain, so even a trip to the cub shed = drenched. Maybe tommorow?

Happy Cubbin!

Beautiful night for throwing snow! About 28 degrees, no wind and the snow still dry enough blow nicely. We got around 6" starting last night until this afternoon. Something going on with the headlights on my 104 though. They will dim for a few seconds and then brighten back up only to dim again. Also, when the lights are on the alt. gage reads on discharge. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Hi guys. New cub cadet member to your site. I have several cub tractors 107,127,147 and working on a custom tractor 167. A 107 with a 16 hp kohler with plans on running a loader/front forks off a lowboy cub. Hope to setting up some pictures for you guys to see. Brandon

Kendell,
Yep, Another Michigander, We got about 10 inch of snow total from last night through this morning. I took Big Mamma (daugther named) out and cleaned the drive way when I got out of work this afternoon. I also took Gus and put a blade on him to try him out with a wornout 16 horse Kohler and I must say I was very impressed even with out wheel weights and chains. I pulled in another old tractor I had rebuilt years ago and pulled the weights and chains and tires off from it and I cannot believe how this tractor goes thru the snow. I went down the street and helped clean up a few drive ways just so I could play with it today. Got a few pictures I will try to post.

Lets try this.
76644.jpg

76645.jpg

76646.jpg

76647.jpg

If I did this right the last one is a couple weeks old when I was under the weather and the eldest decided she was going out to snow blow for the first time ever with the tractor. All others are from today.
Rick

Well, I usually use a little green snow thrower, but I broke it trying to fix it so I got the big toy out. Had to get rid of the mess the city left me. More pics here http://tinyurl.com/3dakuv

76650.jpg

Now I want one of those trenchers! That is too cool!
baldguy.gif

I wonder how a guy would run the belt to that as well as the hydraulic pump for my loader?
dunno.gif

Kevin Conway (Kconway) Just a thought. blowing snow , was it good snow. well a wet starter generator belt will cause power problems lights dimming if the battery is weak. my.02

Wrong color cab but the price was right. I think it might be starting to change.
76653.jpg

Rick G, I guess any cab is better than no cab. GEEZ!

Kevin C. Sounds like a loose/bad ground connection. Check and clean all ground conn. and try again. Likely, the problem is at the neg batt terminal or chassis ground.

On second thought Kevin, you could have a failing voltage regulator. I have never had to test one on a cub. Try a search on V/R, you might find some good info.

Seems there is talk about diff kinds of snow and blowing it. Anybody, had a problem with pushing snow with a blade? Wet,clean,packed,dirty, or even yellow snow?
lol.gif
dunno.gif

Don, Todd,
Thanks for the ideas, I'll check that out. I put the lights on the tractor last summer and only used them once while mowing grass with no problems. Now using them at night blowing snow, everything gets wet so I'm thinking something that shouldn't be getting wet is. I used those crimp on wire connectors. Has anyone ever had problems with them getting wet?
Thanks!

I hoped for some new snow moving pic opportunities Charlie...but so far this winter we can still see grass every time after it snows
bash.gif

I guess I'm gonna have to have the wife do some video the next snow we get. I tried with the camera the other day but just about the time I started the wind changed and it showed nothing but white on the windshield.
biggrin.gif

I think I'm gonna have to get a bigger wiper!

Finally got snow. 4" to play in for now. Plowed snow all over the neiborhood. Found that a rock driveway with 2" rock is no fun. Folks that are building only have the base rock doun for their driveway. Rolls too easy under the tires! Needed wider tires.

hi to all.this is my first post and may mess it up but i was wondering if a convertable top motor and cylinders would be strong enough to operate a three point hitch on back of a 1250.bought for an off brand tractor but thought about putting it on the 1250.i will have to build everything on the back of the tractor. i appreciate any info. thanks tsanders

Latest posts

Back