Archive through December 30, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don T. Glad the article helped you out. I'm always looking for suggestions for improvements so if you have any, email me. I still read it myself when I'm having a charging problem on one of my Cub Cadets. I wrote it so I wouldn't forget the stuff I figured out. Old age will do that to you.

Jeff, Been watching the news too. I don't think it's going to be too bad.
Here's the rear weight bracked Mike Masheris whipped for me. 100# of small suitcase weight 60# of wheel weights and my fat a$$ with skinny ags. If that doesn't work out I always have the thrower to fall back on.
266052.jpg

Tom,
Don't fall back on that thrower or you will get hurt.

Calling for snow here on thurs.

Donald - thanks for the NAPA info. Stopped there a second time today, got a helpful guy and he ordered some for me. Fist guy seemed kinda clueless so glad I stopped by again. I've read where folks have to tweek the edges a bit to make em work and assuming they're chamfering them a touch. Any thoughts? BTW - spoke to Wayne in NC today - cool about your birthdays! Thanks again.

Tony H. That boat trailer roller is a great PO modification as far as saving your back. CC Specialties sells a pair of isomounts that serve the same purpose. Anyone who has a pair will attest to how much better your body feels having the seat set up more.

Donald T. Perhaps your 104 had a set of the "cheaper" or lighter duty wheel bearings in it. They do make a heavier duty bearing for the wheels. You have to ask for it and if I recall Charlie lists them on CCS. Over the years I've noticed the difference in the Cubs that have the heavier duty bearings over the lighter duty. Plus if I recall correctly my ex-father in law used to speak of a wear hardening brass that they put on one of his two cylinder JD tractors rear gears after a part of a tooth broke off. I had the same thing done to my 1936 F20 on one of the tranny gears.

It's been snowing here since mid morning and still lightly coming down. Tomorrow morning, I'll get Fancy's 1650 out and do some serious snow removal and then unload the 108. Going to have to be careful walking due to some iced over ares though.

Jeff,
The 1650 with QA42A got the cab enclosure installed on Saturday. It has calcium filled rear tires, chains and 50# in each rear wheel. The 106 has the 48" blade on it with 65# in each wheel, chains on the tires and another 150# hanging on the rear. If that don't handle it, the Farmall M with homemade V-plow sits in the shed with chains and 600# in each wheel ready for action.

Mike "P",
Thanks. I got those from a fellow Cub Cadet guy that gave me a price that didn't hesitate taking him up on. I think he was surprised how fast I said yes to the price.

Paul F
Your write up sure makes the workings of the system make sense to me.I keep a copy in my shop with my manuals and have to look at it often. I do know what it is like to get older and the memory well it is some where lol.

Terry D

Glad I could help out.I wish NAPA Canada carried the same things you guys enjoy in the US. Yep Wayne Is a great fellow and I call him often . We do have the same birth day and that is kind a neat. I`am trying to get him to come over here for a few days for some good Cub time and show him around.I bet we both would have a great time.

Marlin H

well I would have four wheels here with the cheaper wheel bearings . I will see what a sleeve bearing will cost . I bet I will never wear a set out. I will report back at the price and part number.

Tom H

Nice looking weights. They would look good on my loader . I have looked for a set but have never seen any over here .I will keep my eye open because I never know what I will find and when , I do have two cutting edges for the big snow plows trucks that plow the main roads here. They are over 5' long and are very heavy. I did think of cutting them up. but just a few minutes with a saws all and I gave up lol.
thumbsup_old.gif

Oh Happy New Year to all !
ihrotate.gif
beerchug.gif

Tom, That Trailer hitch; hard to see with the weights in the way but it looks like you made it a Receiver type. I was staring at the back of the tractor the other (when I tool those pics below) and I was thinking of doing the same thing. No matter waht you want to hook up back there you can make a reciever in any configuration and just slid it in, pin it and done.
Looks like a flat plate, Box stock and some material for the Gussets. easy yet very functional.

Latest posts

Back