Archive through December 25, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kide

displayname
Gerry Ide
Boy, sure glad I didn't post a picture with that story !
biggrin.gif

Graeme, Kendell, thanks for the Christmas laughs!
happy.gif

Does anyone know if the snow blade from a 682 will fit my 129? Thanks.

Brian they are both Wideframe and will snap in the only thing you might have to change the length of the lift bar.

Michael, thanks. So, the bar that attaches the plow to the implement handle might need to be changed? The bar that lifts it up and down?

Kendall thanks for sharing that sliegh & cub pic its great!!
merry X-mas to all from "Up Over"
Grahame that cub looks good from any angle

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL
i agree santas sleigh looks great and Grahame you have one good lookin cub!!

Merry Christmas to all fellow Cubbers and theirs. i hope we all have a great year. there are more of them cubs out there that need a good home lol.
coffee.gif

My family had a wonderful time today, for me there is nothing better that family on the holiday's. Hope everyone else enjoyed this day as much as we did.

Kendall, Good move for Santa going with the 129's, as long as he installed the windshield on the sleigh to keep the Hy-tran from hittin him in the face. Once again great pic.

Santa's getting up in age and can't take the wheelies from the gear drives like he used too!!

Merry Christmas to all!

I have been asking for a 2+2 for awhile, while this is a great item, the scale is 64x what I am wanting.
happy.gif
She got me a custom MX335 too.
Pics above.

Merry Christmas All

Brian,

Your 682 snow blade and lift rod will transfer perfectly. We put the blade we used on our 149 on the 782. The only thing we did was bow the lift rod out a little so it wouldn't rub the side panel. Since you are going the other way, that won't be a problem.

Gentleman,
This is a very nice site you have here about our little tractor friends and I appreciate you letting me be a part of it. As i was reading thru some of the Q&A's I noticed that there were halogen headlights by GE for our cadets. Can any of you tell me where those can be purchased? Napa? Thanks in advance for the help.
Jim

Jim- I ended up ordering them from an online retailer...I check 6 shops in the area I live, and none had them. Apparently in MN, you can buy them at discount auto supply houses. I did not try NAPA though.

We got wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide screeeeennnnnnnnnnnn!
pcwhack.gif
Hey Ryan - comeon over to my place, I got some TVs for ya to stretch into widescreens!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years from the Hooke Family, and GOD Bless Our Troops

That is a great looking rig, D. Ryan - I hope it cost less than 1/64th of the 1:1 version.

Ran into the PO (pre-1985) of my 129 last week. He has found and lost (at least twice) the diecast 129 and trailer that he got when he bought the 129 new in '73........sigh

Sorry all, had a few hours sleep, it's another day here, 21=70 is still a bit cool. Mowed the grass today but not on the 102, only 600 sq metre = 6000 sq ft., just a H 21 inch self propelled walk behind.
Thanks for starting that little bit of fun Kendell. No helium in tyres, just the way you blokes think we are down here, a bit light footed! Oil in your screen Kendell, I got it all over my head taking the photo.
By the way, I have read (I think) fellers asking about removing steering boxes with or without motor in chassis, well I have had the 102 box out twice with the motor (H) in place, just needed to elevate the front of the tractor (on car ramps or something), no real hassles, just a bit awkward.

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas.

I'd like to thank everyone for being such great guys and making this forum what it is today.
That being the best source of no nonsense information on the web.

We (and you guys & gals) take pride in the fact that anyone can ask a question and get a straight forward answer without weeding through pages of OFF TOPIC stuff to find it.

There will be many changes being made in the next few months to better enhance IHCUBCADET.COM to make it an even better place to find answers to your questions.

SO! On behalf of the Sponsors and everyone that works behind the scenes,
<font size="+2">THANKS TO ONE AND ALL!</font>

TODD H. - Rim widths are actually narrower than the tire width. 6-12's mount on a 4-1/2" wide X 12" dia. rim. 23-8.50 X 12's mount on a 7" x 12 rim, 23-10.50 X 12's mount on a 8-1/2" wide rim and the 26-12.00X 12's IH used a 9" x 12" rim. And the backspacing was different for ALL those size rims. Rim always has to be narrower than the tire width, actually called the section width, where the tire bulges out between the rim & the tread. The tire bead, where the tire meets the rim is the most fragile area of the tire and the narrower rim protects that area from damage.

Just some information picked up from spending about $6-7 MILLION of IH's money every month for three years for full size farm tractor tires! All My tire data books from work somehow got into My personal library at home!

Latest posts

Back