• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 23, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodsmith

displayname
Rodney Smith
ihrotate.gif

GRAEME,
Did you have your 102 shipped down or were a few sold new in your area? What about larger I.H. tractors and trucks, are they around? Wish I was able to get a CC 'O' shipped to you!
How many kids and grandkids do you have?
I have a son 25yrs and a son 6yrs. Santa has been his idol these last few days. I also have 3 stepsons and 3grandkids.1 boy 2 girls.
ROD

Can someone please advise me if the hydraulic lift lever, part# 106531-c3, from a 1250 will easily replace the hydraulic lift lever on a 149. It would seem this would be an upgrade and eliminate the need to replace the miniture coil pin in the aluminum shaft. I hope I am clear on this request. This lift lever attaches via a chain link to the hydraulic valve which lifts and lowers the attachment. Thanks in advance.

Rod - the 102 is a longish story, it was headed for a garbage tip when my older son in law thought grandpa might like another ride on mower to tinker with. When I saw the faded IH & Cub Cadet decals I headed home (220Km) to my computer & found y'all. That was about 2006. I don't think I have quite the same energy these days (or years, where did 2010 go to!).
IH trucks & tractors were quite common until recent years, 1 Uncle & 2 Cousins all had a Ute each, still see the occasional 2 or 3 on the road & on farms.
4 kids, 10 g'kids, heaps of friends kids.

218570.jpg

218571.jpg

218572.jpg

218573.jpg

chef.gif

Well here it is about 2:00AM CST.Got the cornbread cooked for dressing.Have my 23.5lb turkey on low in the oven,gettin ready for family and a big dinner tomorrow.Starting to hear
sleet hit the windows.Hey CHARLIE, please don't poof me! I was thinkin'about Graeme,our visit ,and his 102 as I was preparing this tonite.The '62'O that
soon will be headed my way kept slippin' in my thoughts also.
ROD

thumbsup.gif

GRAEME,
I can see why your energy level might be a little low! All the hard work that you must have put in that 102. Then 10 grandkids besides,WOW!!!
Does look like a fine job on the 102,and a fine bunch of kids, barefoot and all. LOL!
Well i'd better turn in. I've sure enjoyed our visit tonite.We have CHARLIE
beerchug.gif
to thank for that!
ROD

I would like to thank Charlie,and all the others on this forum for provideing me with all the help, and enjoyment of reading the forum this past year. Wish all you and your familys a very merry and nice Christmas.
Luther Hinds

I would Like to say Merry Christmas to all !
I hope everyone has the best xmas ever and a great new year.Enjoy life and be kind to your fellow man. Life is short . Buy another Cub cadet and restore it in 2011 , one is never enuf lol.

Digger

I thank you for all your help this past year.the long distance phone calls with help and advice and the parts that I so needed for my Cubs. This list would be long for me to thank ,But a few names come to me that make this hobby so complete. Kraig ,Art , Denny,Marlin . Thanks for you guys for what you do to make this the best site for IH Garden tractor information .
worthy.gif
worthy.gif

Shift.gif
animatedihbear.gif
Later Don T and family !

Happy Christmas Eve, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!! I'm new to this forum and look forward to reading new posts in 2011!

angel.gif

ihrotate.gif

Since I have been on this forum I've met some nice fun people to hang out with.We may come from totally differant lifestyles and backgrounds,even differant countrys.[DON-GRAEME]
But we all have the fever.
Anyway want to wish the ones i've met and the ones I will meet Merry Christmas and safe Happy NEW YEAR to ya all!
Rod Smith

Hey Kraig........Isn't it time for the 3 Wise Guys pic to show up? I can't find my image to post.

Pics of a real snow bank for Chris R.
I was gonna do a panoramic shot, but that would make this page 4 ft. wide, LOL
360 ft. long, 10 ft. wide and 5 ft. tall.
I didn't take pics of the others, LOL
218579.jpg

218580.jpg

218581.jpg

Before winter is over, it will probably grow to 3 or 4 times that size. It usually does.

The weather men say it is going to start snowing tonight and finish up late tomorrow with 1" to 3". In the unpredictable Ohio Valley and especially here in Louisville, nobody knows. The correct prediction is from 0 to 12". But I am ready. After cleaning the carb and a new kit, the 169 started up and runs great. I am sure I have jinxed the white Christmas by getting the Cubs ready. Merry Christmas to all.

218585.jpg

218586.jpg

As most of you know, Carlisle Tire no longer offers the Super Lug tires. A brand by the name of HI-RUN bought several of Carlisle's molds. The 23-10.50-12 Super Lug being one of them. TSC and a local farm store named Orscheln Farm and Home are carrying the HI-RUN tires. Both stores said they can get them but had to be ordered. Orscheln beat TSC by $20 a tire. I had them order me a pair. Took a month to come in. Price with shipping for the pair came to $159. That's much cheaper than paying $300 for the Firestone 23-10.50-12's that are now being made and what I originally wanted.

I thought for sure these tires would be made in China. They say "Hastings New Zealand" on the sidewall.

Just sharing this info for you all that may be looking for a set of ag tires for your Cub Cadet. I hope they perform and hold up as good as the original super lugs made by Carlisle. HI-RUN makes trailer tires also. They do have a lot of bad reviews on them so I may be taking a chance with these tires. Time will tell.

Merry Christmas to Everyone!!!

218589.jpg

Kirk Lorenz
I have a set of super lugs on my 129 loader. I find that thy are a hard thread tire and perfect for the loader spinning.The tru powers are a soft thread and better for traction, but are soft and will tear easy. Nice to know super lugs are still available.I hope they still have the hard rubber contact are.
old.gif

I found a new use for "weights" I had some extras and found I needed some weight on my 582. No idea what the plow came from I found it free on criags list. The sad part is I got the plow then decided I need something to push it (all I had at time was craftsman) SO I bought this old cub for $100 with some other crap, sold the other crap for $100.00 so the cub was free but has needed some work. All is good now just need to deal with an oil leak in the motor.

218597.jpg

218598.jpg

218599.jpg

Somebody, not me, forgot to hit enter when posting pics.
shame.gif

Snowing pretty good right now in Southeast Missouri. Only calling for 1 to 2 inches though. The cubs are ready, but will have to wait for a better snowfall.

218603.jpg

The fly wheel screen on my 129 came apart at the screw holes and is toast.
I have a peice of material to replace it and am wondering how important it is to curl the edge over the 1/4 inch or is it not worth worring about.

Latest posts

Back