• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 21, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
It's gonna be one of those days!

I get this email,
HELP!!!! Did these old Cadet batteries have reversed polarity or something and I shouldn't be using a regular garden tractor battery? I installed the wiring harness and everything...I have checked it 100 freaking times...and when you connect the battery, it arcs like crazy, makes all the grounds hot (juice flowing through), the chassis is also hot.

Huh?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 149
Seems he had the wires at the solenoid and amp gauge crossed on his 147, LOL
It took me a minute to figure out HTH you could charge the frame, LOL
It's a wonder he didn't fry everything, but I guess nothing was hurt in the mix up.

Charlie to the rescue - Again!!

Thanks Charlie for what you have accomplished, and continue to do with this site, despite all the personal setbacks, challenges and frustrations. Your patience and continued efforts at keeping everybody happy is appreciated. Although I cannot contribute much, I am a regular reader (lurker?) and enjoy the sharing of information, the laughs and the diverse personalities and views expressed.

Best wishes for a prosperous and wonderful New Year to you all.

I love seeing Dawid post about cubcadets from halfway across the world,

Gerry - you lost me on the Fairhope Farm blog. Don't know where it is. But I'll take a chance on the 16hp 128 and guess it's 13 fin - heck when you got a 50/50 chance why not take it.

Charlie - It's gonna be one of those days!
Pretty amazing nothing got burnt up.

Dawid - hello way down there in Jo'burg. Never quite figured out if your posts are early or late in the day (Charlie's clock only shows Central Time). Hope you're 102 is doing well. Happy Holidays to ya.

It is summer down there now....
It is all up hill from here,days will get longer,nites shorter...

Keep up the good work Mr. Charlie!

Hello Gang!

Well, we're sure not missing the snow here in N.E Ohio! Today its already near 60* before noon! Tomorrow we might see temps near 70*!

I'm asking what you use for a fuel filter on your IH Cub Cadet Quiet Line models. I was thinking of a filter for an automobile carburetor, that is all metal and not much larger in diameter than a nickel?

The typical large, plastic "universal" lawn and garden filters don't appeal to me. I was looking for a filter that would concede between the carburetor baffle and the backside of the air filter element housing on my Quiet Line 1450.

As like enthusiasts know, there is not a lot of room to have a filter on a Quiet Line, yet look good at the same time.

If there are any ideas, and pictures from the group to share, that would be fantastic!

Thank you, and Merry Christmas!

p.s - I bet Charlie is filling out some Christmas wishes for Santa this year from CCSpecialties!

Ha!

John L.
You can use any style you want as long as it's a gravity flow filter.

Most all car filters are pressure style and won't work on our Cubs.

Seats are hot this year.
38 out the door in the last 14 days!

John L. Napa part #3011 is what I use on mine. They are for VW bugs.
301045.jpg

While I'm here, awhile ago there was a discussion of using acid to remove bearing material from crankshafts, was it muratic acid?

Attachments

• 301045.jpg
    301045.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 136
  • 301045.jpg
    301045.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 137
Doug, yes, muratic acid. A quick search of the forum using acid and crank as search words and for the keyword options, selecting "and" in place of the default "or", turns up all sorts of hits.

Good afternoon and Merry Christmas.

I was getting my 129 ready for the snow that may never show up this year when I broke a grease fitting off on what I think is called the front axle pivot pin. The grease fittings that I'm familiar with are threaded but this one seems to be pressed in it had a small spring inside and it spins when I try to easy out it. Can anyone give me some info about how to get it out, can I replace it with a normal threaded fitting and and what size bit do I use for the new threaded fitting? Thanks Much.

Anthony, that zerk is likely press fit with barbs. It might not come out easy. In the past I have pushed them through. For you to do this you would have to remove the axle and pivot pin. The replacement zerk you procure will dictate the threads you use.

Anthony. If you have a small slide hammer you can screw a sheet metal or wood screw into the hole in the middle of the grease fitting, hook on with the slide hammer and gently tap out. Or if you don't have a slide hammer take two pry bars/screw divers and pry on the head of the screw to get it out, good luck. p.s. a little heat might help too

Ok, here's one for you old timers, and young'uns that might know.

My son picked up a couple IH Wheel Weights recently, both painted red. One has what appears to be the old IHC emblem stamping/casting where the IH is encircled within a larger C.

Have any of you guys seen this old style emblem on wheel weights before???

Here's a pic of the weight, and an enlargement of the old emblem.
301054.jpg

301055.jpg

Attachments

• 301054.jpg
    301054.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 136
  • 301055.jpg
    301055.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 153
  • 301054.jpg
    301054.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 142