• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 21, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If a 125 is rare, than Kraig is sitting on a GOLD mine....
lol.gif

Just relax and all will work out. Madson's has it. They are open 9-5 and do great business.

I guess Scott better hook up with some folks in Bangalore so he can take orders 24x7
bash.gif

Yup, says (920) twice on his site if ya click the ad button. Also says WI, which is of course the central time zone. And I don't know of many (if any?) tractor dealers that are open much past 17:00 in their local time zones...

Tedd,

if i email them and they tell me to all them to call and there phone doesnt work then what am i suposed to do?

i guess im getting way stressed out kuz this is my first tractor. + my friend is suposed to make me the sleve hitch and he needs the cub runnin to make shure its doing what it needs to

Anthony,

First, can I call you Tony??

Second. We have all been through out first here, many are on the 5th to 10th around here.
happy.gif

Relaxing is the key. If you get too wound up all the fun gets sucked right out of this hobby. IF your friend is a true friend, he will wait or even help you out getting to the point you need to be at for his first offer.

Slow down. Smell the folwers, see the sights. Read the manuals, read the adds, archives etc.

The faster you go the more trouble you will have.

OK I will get off the soap box now and let you get back to your regular posting.

I decided to be prepared in case things turn ugly in the Mid-Atlantic, so I decided to bring the 102 back to life after a 6 month layoff. I wanted to have something to move some snow in case it came before I could get the 129 ready, I also wanted to haul an old Simplicity 2 wheel tractor from the vineyard to transplant its wheel weights to the 129. The flywheels in front of the blade on the 102 simply get hung from the seat support on the 102 and hang off the back with a cable. Crude but effective, they weigh almost 200 lbs.

I had borrowed the coil and battery in my tinkerings with the 129, so I got them back in. Actually, the coil I put in was originally in the 129, but the PO of it said it might be bad, so I kept my fingers crossed. To make a long story short, I had a seriously oil fouled plug (not totally unexpected), a perfectly good coil, and I needed to clean the points before it sputtered to life. She still smokes like a Rumley, but runs fairly strong, and hopefully I can rebuild another motor for it in the spring.

Getting close to getting the 129 finished.

47442.jpg

47443.jpg

Bruce N. -

Not trying to pick nits, but ya got the upper arms on your QA42A upside down. The curve is s'posed to point down to provide ample clearance for the grille casting...

You all go to stop posting pictures of cool OT toys that make me want to expand my hobbies to the N'th degree.
drool.gif

Your killing me and my budgets and my standing with the neighbors...
happy.gif

Bryan, I guess the PO didn't have it right either, though he apparently took good care of it. I already fixed it, I just lowered the thrower onto a 2x4 to take the weight off the front end, then pulled a couple of cotter pins on each side and turned the upper arms over.

I also need to get another can of EZ-Slide to finish the blower and do the blade.
biggrin.gif

Evening Folks,

Thought I had posted this, but can't find it now. Sorry if it is a double post.

The gremlins seem to have moved to my carb. I have gas leaking out the orifice on the bottom side of the air intake. I'm thinking its a needle or float. Perhaps its time for a carb rebuild, but the machine seems to run fine. Any ideas and/or tips and hints about carb rebuilds on a 1650?

Ted,

So, you want to start doing 2 wheel tractors? We had an ancient (even by 1970s standards) Standard Twin with iron wheels pushed into the weeds after Dad got a modern rototiller. The one in the picture was Grandpa's.

Wes,

Thanks, Sounds like you have done this before. Just keeping it in mind when I can get another cub. I like the looks of the 1X8/9 tractors but don't like the whole starter generator deal. Have a different brand of tractor with this system and hate it. Not too fond of how the 50 series looks but would like to switch out the hood and grille, just for the look.
thumbsup.gif

Anthony C. , Slow down and take a deep breath. If you slow down and take your time rather than rushing things, you'll have a much better finished product and you will have more pride in it than if you rush through it.
buttrock.gif

The sponsors at the top, wouldn't be there if these guys didn't feel that they could count on them to do the right thing. You know how some of the postings go "POOF" well you get the idea.

Anthony C. & Glen C. , You both show allot of knowledge for your age, but remember that these guys have been in this hobby allot longer than we have. I'm 35, and have been involved in the Automotive & Motorcycle industry in some form or another since I was a young kid, and I am constantly learning something new from these guys every time I log on to this forum. If someone post something that doesn't make since, you can bet that someone else will speak up and call them out on it.
bottom.gif

Glen C. What Motorcycle shop you working at? (And no guys I'm not gonna paint my Harley "Federal Yellow")
whistling.gif

Everyone else, As you all know I grew up beating the hell out of my Grandfathers "Original" so with the knowledge of how tough these Cubs are and reading all of your post and all the stuff in the archives, I have caught the "Yeller Fever". Pics & questions to follow soon, but picked up another "Original" to restore, that I probably paid too much for, but..... and a 109 to play in the Garden, Yard, & Snow with ( Not that we really get a whole lot of snow here next to our nations capital.)
So now that my wallet is much lighter, Thank you guys for for helping to spread the excitement that you all have for these Cub Cadets!
buttrock.gif

Tony: Ya got to slow done son! Unless your planing on mowing tomorrow with a new paint job then step back and think of your options.

Seen a lot worse decals on fresh resto's! Here is 3 options. 1. tape the decals and work around them or #2. take a hair dryer and slowly warm it and possibly peel it of to reuse and this is iffy at best. #3. take pictures of the exact placement of the orginal decals, clean off, paint then install at a later date when you do get the new ones.

Pops

Jeff G
Your story sounds familiar, beat the hell out of the 1st, paid too much for the second(at least for the condition), but #4 was dropped off like an unwanted kitten.
dunno.gif

All considered in the amount of money dropped in parts and time, the initial price paid may not be that big of a deal.

Dave

Greetings from the CW Christmas pre-party!!!

beer2.gif
beerchug.gif
deadat30.gif
chef.gif
baldguy.gif
nutbags.gif

Man I didn't pay a lot for my first, but the money I sank in to that bad boy. Ouch!!!! Second on got just what it needed to run, third, I don't even remember that one clearly.
happy.gif
Current one wants more money than my wife.
taunt.gif

Bryan, if you recall Steve Blunier always mounted the upper links on his QA36B (<font size="-2">at least I think his is a QA36B...</font>) upside down, he said it was easier to mount them that way and he knew which way they were supposed to mount. AFAIK, they don't hit on a 1x8/9 or on a Quiet Line when mounted upside down they were curved for use on the 82 series.

Here's an old picture of Steve's 14hp 129 with the QA36B.

47447.jpg

Anthony, aka Tony, nice sneakers! I can assure you that the 125 is NOT a rare tractor.
happy.gif

Kraig -

I'm aware of SB's unit, I think I called him on it the first time he posted his pic, too. I also know what the product literature, manuals, etc show
wink.gif

Back