• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Battery disconnect swt

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jack casey

IHCC Supporter
I'm the second owner of a CC102, no contact with the first guy. So, it's 57 yrs old, no reason to think it was not garage kept. Read recently on these pages of rotted wiring on tractors not as old as mine. Was the rot caused by living outdoors in freeze-ass cold and mind-warping heat? It didn't help.

Had to replace the solenoid couple weeks ago which meant moving wires around; causing a break in the wire from sol to gen/start. The exterior wire looked good. All other wires in the dash, original colors (green, yellow striped), while old and look it, are solid. Being braided are less likely to break, methinks. Voltage regulator, in proper colors, looks rewired. I'm ordering a battery disconnect switch, really cheap protection. Everyone should.
Cheers, Jack

i think the main thing is the age of the jacket. it just gets brittle. plus the heat of the engine and all the vibration. i smoked one just by moving the VR with the battery hooked up. i mean smoked. but it was all taped up. for those tractors you can buy a really nice new one for around 100 bucks shipped or build one yourself for a lot less. thats the route i am going for the ones i redo in the future. wiring is really simple on those ones.

Latest posts

Back