• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 14, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kostendorf

displayname
Keith Ostendorf
About 230 yards long. The main road was still gravel when I built and I didn't want to eat dust.

Since I didnt get to use the snow thrower today I did the lil maintenance chores on the cub all day. I also added two tail lights which ive been wanting to do forever. I might not have gotten seat time like I wanted but im ready for the next snow for sure
happy.gif

Someone send some snow to Indiana please :D

Amy J. Kleyla

We are to get a bunch trough the night; I would send you some but I have been waiting for this since summer and want to have some fun to !

Darn it. I knew I should have taken pictures!

I wasn't even sure my IH 782 would fire up. It had been since Aug. (I use its bigger cousin for mowing duties.) but a quick jump and she was purring away. Problem was she was parking in the shop, which has NO driveway, 500' behind the house. I propped the blade up real high and it drove through the 9" of wet snow with out even a single slip.

Once up on the drive, it was time to play! But my drive is more like 230 feet (not yards) but it is 2 lanes wide of asphalt. I had to break through what the snow plow piled up at the end of the drive for me. I did my drive in about 20min. Not nearly enough seat time.
Sooooo, I did the neighbors too! Then down the street to clear the end of the 2 other houses on my cul-de-sac. Then my 4yr old came out bundled up for his ride.
So we went around the subdivision and helped 3 more random people clear the snow plow mounds. Then it was time to head home. I got to play for about 1.5 hrs and the wear edge (that is down to the bolt heads) was nice and shiny and near razor sharp. All my work was on asphalt and conc.

And for the record, I did it all with a 42" blade, 23x10.5 Firestone ags from Millers (no chains!) and one IH weight per wheel. Sure I spun out a few times, but only when I was pushing almost as snow as the tractor is big. Never got stuck.

I really need at 54"-60" blade for the Super. Then I could find a nice 42" blower for the 782 and be set.

I though several times to grab the camera, but didn't want to get off. Sorry guys and girls.

I got to play with both of my tractors and I will have to do it again in the AM. Plowed with the 782D with wheel weights and no chains and it did fine. The snow here is dry and fluffy. The 126 with the QA36 did great on the sidewalks. Just had the loaded AGs and one set on weights, never slipped a wheel. I love playing with my toys.

Nic, my wear edge was down to the bolts also and had worn part of the blade, but I flipped it over and it's like band new now.

Melody Schutz

I love how they snort when you give them something to work at.The snort all ways brings up the hairs on my neck.

The internet is a GOOD Thing as I was able to talk to Kraig to his surprise . Cub are and cause us to find any info we think we need.

I was plowing +/-3" today with my f'ugly old 122 watching all the "Big Box" store junk snow throwers trying to Get-R-done. I have about 150 lbs. on the back + my a$$ running 6-12 AG w/no chains and 4.80 - 8.00 on the front. The old girl did a real nice job, pushed like crazy. I love it when that happens.

I'm worse than a kid waiting for Christmas right now! I can't wait to get some snow! We got another 1" here in east central WI but we have yet to get anything really to move. I have a nice big drive but here I sit watching you guys having fun!
bash.gif
I love it when you post pics though.

Keith--nice work with the QL. That is a heck of a driveway there. Who needs a plow truck when you got a Cub?

Melody--There is nothing like doing blade work with a smoker!!! I have that 54" hydro turn on my CubKub and I love setting it at about half throttle and letting work. Very relaxing. I have a video of that from this spring on my "Finally got a diesel" thread. Please get some photos of your smoker plowing if you get a chance!

Nic--Sounds like you have the same plan as I do. I run the aforementioned 54" Haban on my Super and then have a 450 on my 682 if I need to move things out a little further! It is so fun to run around and clean the neighbors drives if they'll let you when you want some more seat time!

What I'm really looking forward to trying out this year in my sons old 100 with the QA 42.

265542.jpg

I can't wait to see how this little beast does. I'll keep ya' posted!

Good morning, All.
happy.gif
Tell me that I'm not delusional or crazy. I've decided to part with Barney (the 147) and get a nice looking 108. It is a swapping deal. I'm keeping the rear 23x1050x12 turf tires and rims and the 14 hp Kohler engine. I'm also keeping the almost new 14 horse Kohler to install in the 108. I'll be posting the classified section for a couple of parts that I'll need. Don't get me wrong... Barney is one very sweet running and with a great hydro (nice and tight and doesn't speed up going downhill), and good straight sheet metal and hood. It is just that I want a wide frame gear drive and with a 14 horse engine in it.

Here are some pictures of the 108.
265548.jpg

265549.jpg

265550.jpg

And here is Barney...

265551.jpg

Tell me that I'm not crazy. I could install a twelve horse back into the 108 only that 14 seems so right of a fit. Thanks to everyone for their thoughts.

Have a wonderful day. I'm off to work today.
happy.gif

Marlin

A 147 for a 108? You are crazy. I wouldn't trade off my 147 for anything, especially a w/f gear drive.

*disclaimer- I'm not trying to offend; if it's what you feel is right and what you want, go for it.*

MARLIN - Yeah, a 14 HP GD... I'd make the trade too. And I really liked my old WF 129.

I say GO FOR IT!

Kendall H.
My windbreaker was for a newer slant grill style and I had to rig it up a little myself.
I still have some of the brackets that go in the front if that will help you. Pics later.

Marlin,
I run that exact combination of parts as my plow tractor and it is my all time favorite Cub.
I highly recommend incorporating the MWSC pressure plates into your clutch set-up as an upgrade at the very least.
A 6 pin driver would not hurt either if you are going to seriously use it.

Here's a link to my "148" in action at Buck Creek this year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTqmt8OTQtM

Here are some action shots from last night.
265557.jpg

265558.jpg

265559.jpg

And after round one - Cub Cadets 1 / Snow 0.
265560.jpg

Rick "B",
Don't ya' just love those "High HP" grinders? I see in the video that you have the A.S. Extreme Motorworks tool box on the back. Does it interfer with anything back there? I need something to hold some of my $--- when Cubbing.

Marlin,
I'm a big time hydro guy. That being said, I'm really enjoying my seat time on the 100. It is repowered with a K301. I'm a big fan of more power but like Rick was saying you need to be sure you can get it to the tranny! I thought Ricks 148 was the bee's knees. Have fun and keep us posted on the process and the progress!!!

Latest posts

Back