• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 13, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbliler

displayname
Jerry Bliler
Guys, if you want to see Harry turn colors you should see some little kid jump on his 169 at a show and start slamming the hydro lever and trying to rip the steering wheel off. Was a bit funny only because nothing was scratched except Harrys. view of some parenting. Was a great show all in all

I am sure we like our Cubs to work and work well. In a lifetime of working in the transportation industry as a driver, dispatcher, supervisor, manager and now, for some strange reason, a fixer, I can appreciate the position that Harry takes. He likes things fixed; completely and correctly.

I know that I am considered one of the biggest PITAs on this site. Four years ago when I finally was able to get a Cub Cadet, I went about attempting to fix what was wrong with it. This brought about an unorthodox name for the machine, that I rather like. After all, it is MY tractor. Harry was the one who told me to keep working on it. He then guided me (along with Marlin and a few others) through my woes to a nice, smooth running and handling machine that I really enjoy.

Please Harry, continue with your stories, and tell them with completeness. We all have a story to tell. Your knowledge, along with that of many others, is what makes this site better than the others.

Gentlemen...I fail to see what the guy who was complaining about this trusted forum has to snivel over...First off, it's a FREE help forum..second most of the guys who help people like me are helpful, informative and outright generous with the time they share answering what have to be a lot of the same questions that have been being asked since 97!

I just wanted to say, I have my 126 starting quickly, running well, new 23x10.5x12 turfs filled with -20 wiper fluid, new 2 link chains, a rockshaft spring assist, front blade, and an operational QA42A snowthrower, ALL thanks to this great IH Cub Cadet forum and the good people who helped me with info, and sharing their experience and knowledge...

Thank you all and I hope you all have a Merry Christmas.

Best Regards
John Mitchell

Gerry, Jeff, I miss him too. He has been stopping by, but not posting...

Denny,
wave.gif

Attachments

• wave.gif
    wave.gif
    3.2 KB · Views: 124
Kraig will you highlight my link to the ramblings?

rain here today no cubbing

Well, my 1450 is running great. There is not a whole lot to do but to up grade to a twin stick hydraulic lift, and rout hyd. ports to the front of the tractor for a later hyd. angle snow blade. Perhaps paint and a sticker kit down the road too!

I hope to land a deal for another Kohler motor from a wide frame series that will replace the complete k181 with broken rod in my great condition model 86. I plan in the future to look into what all a rebuild would consist of on the k181, but for now I want to start going over everything on my 86.

Harry, you just keep right on posting! You help to make this thee most respected, trusted, wise-a%$ free IH Cub Cadet forum on the net!

Thank you!

Jeff and John,

Once you have a dual stick Cub and an hydro angle blade, you won't know what you did without one...

My 1450 (The one in my profile picture) is a dual stick tractor. I have been using IH Cubs almost my entire life, and have spent countless hours on a 149, and then my 1450 with a 42" Snow Blade. Early in 2014, a buddy here at work was selling off his Cub stuff, and I shot him an offer. I was for a 1650 and many other attachments, including a 42" Hydro Angle Snow Blade (The 1650 is a single stick). I used it last year, and it is WONDERFUL to be able to angle the blade from the operations position, and it has more control over the angle. You can even "scoop" with it if you need to......

John, I say go for it, you will love the tractor even more once you try it!!!!

Power Steering and Dual Hyd.........both bring a big smile to your face and make you wonder how you ever lived without them!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 137
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 141
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 134
Thanks for the support from all you guys out there. I can't take all the credit either. There are many others on here that I feel contribute much better info and knowledge than I can provide. And they have a much better understanding of exactly what's what and why. Mine is really just a laymen's view from experience.

John L - unless you'd like to keep your 86 original I'd definitely see if you could find a 12hp or greater engine from another Cub to repower it. I think the cost of rebuilding an 8hp wouldn't be to far off the cost of rebuilding a 12hp or 14hp (grind the crank, bore the block, gasket kit, new rod and piston w/rings, etc).

David S - ya, you picked up on that didn't ya. John started off calling them "twin sticks" and Jeff called it "duel". And then Scott and Steve called it a "dual". My vote goes for "twin sticks" even tho the sticks ain't twins. It just comes off the tongue easier and better than duel or dual.
(I never had a twin stick but have experienced a few duels in my days
fence.gif
hehehe)

Attachments

• fence.gif
    fence.gif
    14.4 KB · Views: 139
Hey guys, starting to think about tearing down my 'O' to sandblast and go through everything... Looking at Case/IH paint, its very reasonably priced...but is it worth a darn? Does it need to be used with a hardener/catalyst or is it one of those that stays tacky for days.... Im gonna prep prime and paint myself, but Ive never done it so I want to keep it as simple and reasonable as possible, yet I want decent results. Any help is appreciated...open to suggestions on paints and primers... again, I know nothing about auto paint so you might have to spell it out for me. Thanks in advance!

Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow"

Drove a feed truck with that trans ; I hated it , no power and don`t miss a shift on the 4 side lol. Today is undercoat mower decks here. we missed the big storm so far no snow just rain.I like to drive the mower deck in some dry leaves and let them leaves clean most of the old grass out.works for me .and leaf clean up sure is easier.

Steve, Ya, we did back in the day!! Not an IH, but I cut my teeth in an F model Mack 15 speed tri-plex in the US Hwy 20 hills east of Dubuque into Chicago! Made that run 3 times a week for a long time hauling eggs.

Gonna fix the 42" blade frame today.Film at eleven....

Dave you must of liked going thru Elizabeth, il with that.

going to do a little blade work today with the 169 pushing some compost around

Twin stick in the off-road community means having two shifters on your transfer case allowing you to disengage either the front or rear axle separately.

I have twin stick NP205 transfer case laying on my garage floor right now.

Twin stick in the off-road community means having two shifters on your transfer case allowing you to disengage either the front or rear axle separately.

I have twin stick NP205 transfer case laying on my garage floor right now.

Latest posts

Back