• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 12, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and just for giggles,although I wasnt laughing.This is what you get when you leave your realy expensive meter where the dogs can get it.thankfully its only the leads.In a couple days maybe I will find the black lead!!My own fault darn it!!
111379.jpg

Steve on your second post i was wondering what BS "SEASON was!!
clappy.gif
LOL until i read it again.Great looking steering.must be nice Power steering.

kraig Mc....i found that with the snowthrower, it is easier to back it on the trailer and drive off forward......I also thought that the "O" # looked raised....
Charlie...where are you moveing to in the "great white north"......

STEVE - Maybe next weekend You can space Your fenders up a bit and add 26-12.00 Firestone's to level the 782 out a bit?
PS & SuperSteer look great.
greenthumb.gif
Gets a little crowded inside those steering columns don't it!
wink.gif

Tom S:
See Jason's post below.... 67 Ohms is the current answer..

Jason:
thumbsup.gif

Steve B,

Nice work on the PS. I have 2 questions because I am working on something similar.
1 - Why extend the length? I thought the steering valve tucked up behind the spool valve on the SGTs. Is the 782 more crowded in there?
2 - What did you use at the bottom of the extension shaft to couple to the splines on the SGT steering unit?

TIA JimE

Good morning everyone.I have not received and answer to my question on Dec 10 about how fast a s/g should turn with the belt off so I am asking again.Also wich way does the engine turn viewed from the drivers seat.This tractor came to me with 2 s/g and both are no good as far as I can see.Also they turn in opposite directions.This is a 127 hydro.The hydro # is 2050040u349140-can the year be found from this?Big thanks to all.K.W.

Can anyone tell me how much the auto electric shops around them charge for rebuilds or repairs on their S/G's? The local guy around here said it could be anywhere around $140 and up for a bebuild and anywhere from $85 to $130 for repair work. I talked with my local shop and they said to bring in the v/r when I brought in the s/g, does that sound right?

Scott-
That sounds reasonable, I've heard of some small "mom & pop" shops doing them for as low as $75. If you consider doing it on your own the prices are pretty reasonable, the last one I did I think I spent $30 for brushes & bearings. I brought the comm to a local shop that still had a "growler" so it could be checked before the comm was turned. The only "special" tool you'll need is a bearing seperator, I think I picked up an OTC one for about $30 as well.

Keith
if you are sitting in the seat looking at the back of the SG it turns Right but facing the pully it turns CCW "left".How fast I dont know.Without it hooked up to the engine it turned pretty quick.The SG on a cub is CCW rotation.

Scott sounds like you can get brand new for really close to the price they want for a rebuild at the above sponsors.And with all your effort it sounds like it might be cheaper to buy new.the new SG is gaurnteed for a year also!!

Latest posts

Back