• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 12, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mstetar

displayname
Matt (Diesel Creek)
can i get some opinions... do you like the 100s beter with or whithout fenders? thanks

All cubs look better with fenders, no and's, if's or butt's. IMHO

Jim

Gee Charlie I hate to let you doun. Isn't moving fun? You were smart you got your oun truck! You can leave the last load in the truck for a while.

Jerry,
You got your Cubs and homestead ready for the storm coming?

Too bad it's said to be more ice and mix than just snow...

Just heard about a big ice storm up in the northeast. Anybody here affected? Guess if they were they probably couldn't respond anyway...

I don't have fenders on my 73, I kinda like it that way. <font size="-2">Reminder to self...keep hands away from tires with chains</font>
whistling.gif

Well since no one showed up again to drive the semi or the one ton, we'll just leave without ya again.
clappy.gif

Only takin 2 Cubs up this go round since we're supposed to get hammered with 10+ inches of snow up there.
buttrock.gif

Does anyone know what the value of the resistor on the back of a v/r should be?

"Kraig Mc", In the picture of your serial number on your "O", it looks like the numbers ae raised or cast into the trans housing. What gives???

Heading outside to begin work on the new cub garage.Should have room for about 20 cubs if I stack them correctly.

Kraig, I probably will have space to house one of yours if your mobile garage gets too crowded.

Tom H,

Cool picture. That would have been geat to see in person. Wonder how good it would have looked in color? Thanks for sharing that.

I screwed up yesterday. I had to go to the International Truck complex in Fort Wayne yesterday and I forgot to get pictures of it. Dang it!
bash.gif
bottom.gif

slow construction, PO left half of his clothesline pole right where my corner post should go.

111335.jpg

111336.jpg

111337.jpg

Lookie what Santa brought!

Tom H.

The building across that street in the background has an address on the window above the door, now if we just had some of those fancy CSI computer enhancement tools we could for sure tell if that pict was taken in the old Michigan Ave building or elsewhere, what was it 1961, 180 N. Michigan Ave? The other interesting picture is the one with the 500,000th Cub Cadet and an Original taken back in 1974. That looks like it was definitely taken in the 401 N. Michigan Ave building as you can see the bridge and canel in the background.

I wonder if that 500,000th Cubbie is actually Serial No. 500,000 or 500,501? I wonder whatever happened to it and is it still around today? Which Original was the picture...was it the same one in the storage crate photos for Navistar that Hank Will posted a few years back? Its pretty remarkable when you think about it that IH made and sold a half million Cub Cadets in only 13 years time.

Brain B,

I thought IH closed the Fort Wayne Truck plant back in the early 80's after they quit making Scouts and got in dire financial straits? What does Navistar still have there currently?

Keith, all the kids and cubs are in. Pot of ham&beans on. Over 9 cords of wood under cover. If you loose heat come on out, Plenty of stuff for your boy to do. House will be about 70---75 no matter ice or rain or snow.

Tom S:
I can't remember it now, but it was posted someplace (search, search, search...) As a matter of fact, I faintly remember someone talking about replacing it with an equivalent wire wound resistor).

Matt..Im with Jim on the fenders looks complete althoug ive never had the opertunity to see a 100 in person!! Could the fenders "get in the way"? dont know but I like them!!

Charlie Im with brian Id love to drive one for Ya I just love movin!
thumbdown.gif
My wife and I have benn married 16 years and we have moved 12 times!!no kiddin. drivin the rig would be great but the packin and un-packin sucks!!

Tim that clothes line wasnt going anywhere!!Nice rims,how kind of santa!

Tom, I thought the same thing when I took that photo. It's an optical illusion, the numbers are stamped in as usual.

All Cubs look better with fenders. <FONT SIZE="-2">IMO, FWIW, YMMV, My $0.02, Yada, Yada, Yada...</FONT>

Well the horse trailer has the openings closed up now I need to build a ramp. The metal 'oil changing ramps' that I was going to use are too steep, the tire chains don't have enough grip and the snowthrower catches. They are some home made ramps that are nice and tall and extra strong. I've used them in the past to load tractors into the horse trailer but the tractors didn't have tire chains on or a snowthrower. I'll build one in place out of a sheet of plywood and 2x lumber. I have the plywood but not the lumber so the 125 will have to set outside for a few more days. I really wanted it inside before this rain/snow storm that's predicted for tonight gets here.
bash.gif

Back