• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 11, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrschmitt

displayname
Ron R. Schmitt
Kraig,

How about those Service vehicle pickups? Those where some of the best pickups IH made! When was that photo taken? I'm guessing late 60's based on the 56 series tractors on tractor row. To bad there not a Cubby or two in the picture to keep on topic.

Seeing how the weather was not to bad today I decided to fire up the ole 127 and change the oil from 30W to 5W-20 so it will hopefully start easyer in the cold weather.
Here is some action shots of the 127 doing its job on the path out to the parts shack.
71502.jpg

71503.jpg

71504.jpg

71505.jpg

71506.jpg

A hydro cub is nice for this kind of work, you dont even need to sit on the tractor to get the job done.

Let not forget the cub 100, for without it I would not have the nice snow burm to blow away from the trail after it has drifted half closed.
71512.jpg

71513.jpg

71514.jpg

All we got was about two-three inches, but it was wet, and the ol cub still ain't together yet, spring hopefully. At least the unnamed little one has the blower for it... and the walk behind is a last option, no seat time ya know.

Glen - You better watch what yer complaining about little buddy ... there's one million homes without electricity because of that storm. I've gone over a week before without electricity due to an ice storm here ... it aint fun ! I'd give up seat time any day to keep from getting what the midwest is getting.

<font color="ff0000">Kraig, I see nothing in your last to post require a reply from ya.</font>
Charlie
thumbsup_old.gif

I'm just like this elephant, I didn't forget to post a picture AND keep on topic!!!
71516.jpg

Craig Ellis-
You think that Travelall is ugly, check this out.... <font size="-2">("For Sale" locally a few years back)</font>
71523.jpg

Get that elephant OFF my 122 !!

Charlie - Did you catch some of that bad weather ? Got any pics ??

Lonny - Are those 12" Low Boy wheels on the front of the 100 ?

You know' there is still a salesman waiting for Art to come and get that lone tractor with the reversed tires.

Deck question, I have a 38 inch mower deck for my wideframe 128. This deck has one large center blade and two outer blades that are about half the size of the center blade. Are all of the mower decks (all sizes) for wideframes equiped with three blades?
I will post some pics of mine soon as I get some fresh batteries for the cam.

Todd - Everything above the Original has 3 blades although only the 38 and 42 have the 1 long plus 2 short blades.

OK Art, an easy one....

There's something different about the 2 656's in the newly reversed photo....and no it's not the tires......

(BTW, if he's honoring his price on the one with the reversed wheels you are gonna have to race me to the dealership!!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
)

KENtuckyKEN

Front tires are from a cub 154.

I am going to have to hang some weight on the rear rims, I've got a couple spare 50lbs wheel weights that should work. Even with the 160# suite case weights and my 195#'s the rear tires spin out. Might even make up a set of chains for the rears.
I am also going to look into adding weights to the front wheels, as the front still wants to push sideways once you get a full blade of snow to push.

Steve-
If I hold the laptop right up to my face, look real close, squint, and twitch my right eye juuuust right, it looks to me like those two tractor each have different emblems on the lower grill side-plates. What that translates to as far as an actual model difference is beyond even my astute brain function.

If that's not it, my next answer would be that they each have a slightly different amount of fuel in their tanks.

....and "yes" that would be my final answer!
;)

Lonny - Weighted wheels would be a big help in getting your high center of gravity lower. I use to have 12" wheels on my homemade tractor, I found some heavy flywheels that were just the right diameter for the rim lip.
I can tell ya from running farm tractors on the road grading snow that ribs are NOT the best to use. You'd be better off finding something with tread ... boat trailer tires would be about the only tires you'll find though that narrow.
As for chains on the rear, with the 15" wheels on the back you can use car chains and then like I did you can take another set and put extra cross chains in. I kept breaking mine though with the torque I had.

Art - "astute brain function."
71549.gif
71550.gif

KEN, I have been in the same predicament before,(more than once in fact) but I get what yer saying.

KEN - Have You looked for replacement cross chains for tire chains lately? Farm & Fleet used to stock them a few years ago (6-8 yrs maybe) but I ended up finally finding some last year at My normal CC dealer who also happens to be a Case/IH, McCormick, Polaris, IH truck, and CC dealer. Charlie's posted pic's of their back lot so I can talk about them even though they aren't a sponsor here. I was there Saturday and forgot to check and see if they had any more but since they're giving away free cheese & calendars I'll make it a point of going back this weekend too!

We had about 6-7 inches of snow yesterday...Son left it alone for Me to push with the Super H & loader w/80" blade. I've got about 1600# of weight on the back AND Dad's home-made chains which weigh about 200+# per side on it so it pushes pretty good... Loader & tractor have live 2-way hyd. so I push snow with the frt wheels up and steer with the brakes... I've still got about a 1/4" of ice all over the driveway which causes some problems!

Speaking of Plow Days...I think the weather is just right....
clappy.gif

71552.jpg

71553.jpg

Boy I know I'm gonna get
bottom.gif
for those pics....

Latest posts

Back