Archive through December 06, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think i'm in the same boat as Kraig, mine sit outside during winter time, summer time, you name it, but all I have to do is go outside, brush off the 1812 and fire it up, let it warm up for a couple minutes and away we go.

Paul,
My 1650 sits in an unheated shed without a door on it. It has only not started once for me in the cold weather, and that day it was -20. I just make sure my 425 CCA battery is charged up. The day it didn't start, I put the charger on it for an hour and she finally fired up. A warm battery seems to help on those really cold days.

It is too bad my post on hydraulic fluid got cancelled. I really wanted an answer.

Thomas, what was the question again?

I only put the heater on the 125 when the temps are 10°F or colder. It just helps it to start quicker and the tractor moves much easier without having to let it set and warm the Hy-Tran. I figure it's better to spend a few cents on some electricity then to let that K301 set and idle causing wear on the engine and burning expensive gasoline.

Thomas P.
If your referring to your post back on November 07, 2006 - 06:59 pm:
1250 hydrostat drive is leaking from the top plugs on the pump. I am thinking the only way to know what is going on is to take it out and completely apart. I took off the fluid filter and no oil came out. I took off the tube from the reservoir to the pump and the unit emptied. Any thoughts as to what it might be?

You had a question presented to you right back by Roland, that needed a reply fron you.
Thomas P:

First, welcome to the forum

I assume your question is about the Hydro Check Valves leaking.
46613.jpg

If so, valve replacememt (new or good used) is necessary.

charlie, when I go to post in the classified section ( in either the buying or selling section), it does not let me. Can you fix this

Folks,
Rebuilding a steering assembly for a WF 1450 today with the super steer up-grade. Posting a pic of most of the parts that goes inside of one. You are looking at 80 + bucks and that is not counting the super steering parts on the left.I am assuming some folks have never seen inside of one.
Cold in Va. today.
Soon be snow on the Blue Ridge----G.L.
46616.jpg

Kraig,..Thanks for the post.You and Charlie have confirmed what I suspected.The JD blade you posted looks familiar;did you make a speed run to New Brockton,Alabama today?The fellow who has the JD blade has been turned on to Cubs,so the blade may end up on a 122.He is a pretty good machinist,and another co-worker is a great welder,so we can fab a subframe.BTW,the green 214 is about to be e-bayed.
lazerburn.gif

Ya know guys, there's a reason we went to all the trouble of putting this at the top of EVERY page.
One is to make it easy to ask a question and the other to keep from posting asking a question about buyin and sellin, or anything else without cluttering up the board.
err.gif

<font color="0000ff">Got a suggestion for, question about or problem with the site? E-mail us at [email protected]</font>

Ahh come on!
<font color="ff0000">We have places to post off topic tractors and older relatives and anything else.
Lets use'um guys!
Off topic once and a while is fine, we've proved that already, LOL

Charlie</font>

Glen, oil drips on the floor? I was told that, that was the external lubrication option
err.gif
My 1250 doesn't have that option at this time but might have in the future, who knows

There's been lots of talk about where to get tires for our Cubbies. Well I gotta' tell ya' I really like the guys over at Cedar Rapids tire. Called yesterday from the cell at about 10 am., and when I got home tonight these were on the front pourch. Carlisle Super Lugs for my OT 4X4 tractor. Now that's fast!
46628.jpg

BTW, Don't be fooled by some of that stuff over at epay. These were $81.XX delivered to my door by someone you can actually talk to.

Tom:
What size/ply rating are those?
I checked at the local super Walmart today. They could order Carlisle Super Lugs in 23-10.5-12 2 ply for $8x.xx. I thought it was a bit steep.

two ply 6 X 12's. But if you check out epay they go for $44. plus $20. shipping for who knows what.

G.L. Louderback

Thank you for your help in identifying which steering box Seal & Retainer Package I need for my 122. I should be able to look at it and order the correct part now. Thanks again.

Len Siebert

Len,
You are most welcome. If you scroll dowm a little to my last post you wil see the internals of a steering assembly. You will also see the D shaped seal and seal retainer. They are all the same after the first early type.
Folks, On buying tires for the Cubs---I buy all my tires from Cedar Rapids & will continue to do so as long as their prices are low & I get good quality tires.
G.L.

I have seen 23x12x10.5 Carlisle Turf and also the Ag tires at TSC. In stock for $67 at the Westminster MD store. Not sure about the front tires, but I will check the next time I'm up there.

What is the best way of removing a frozen pivot pin on a 122 axle. There doesn't seem to have ever been a zert on it. I've got the roll pin out and the frame parts are free but the pin is stuck in the axle. I've hammered, heated, drilled a 3/8" hole and threaded it in the center of the pin and tried pulling it to no avail.
Can I heat the heck out of the front axle around (under mostly the pin area real hot without ruining the axle?
Thanks,
David

Latest posts

Back