• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 05, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
another question, if this motor is toast.. is their any other brand motor ie: briggs or tecum. that will bolt to this tractor? or do I have to find another kohler. I was thinking of upping the HP so I could plow snow..
Thanks again, Jason

Jason - You better stick with the Kohler if you don't want to spend all winter making something else almost work.

Why do you guys plow snow in the first place. You know by the time plantin season comes your furrows will be melted away.
biggrin.gif

Digger, Don T..
I bought that same part to fix my slop..... You win.... Yours moves about 1/4" more than mine did.....
groupwave.gif

I had a "floppydon" once ... Bushingagra fixed me right UP.

Dang Donald you ought to fix that thing instead of standing around taking movies
thumbsup_old.gif

Even my wore out junk isn't that bad. That one acts like they forgot to put the bushing in it. No wonder you're jumping up and down wanting advice !!

well thanks guys realy with all your help and patience. here is a few shots of my Cub storage,that is getting to small. DonT
71157.jpg

71158.jpg

71159.jpg

Kraig, I like the extra wheel rim you are growing!!! Send snow, we are getting ice. Cannot do a damn thing with it. Only fun is blading the foot of leaves doun in the trees. I need more traction!!!!!!

Hey Charlie, It's tooooooooo wide????? Do I need a bigger monitor?

Charlie - Ya just can't please some people ... I offered to buy him a beer at HOOTERS and he couldn't come out and play.

How much more snow you get today ? I'm hitting the road in the morning and looks like I'll run into some.

Oh that's NAG NAG NAG BOOM !

Brian.

I got the 127 to fire up while holding my hand over the throat of the carb on last sunday.
There was plenty of "suck" at the throat of the carb.
last Monday I managed to get it to fire up again only this time I only used the choke and had to spin it over quite a few times to get it to fire up.

Today I go out to start it andseeing as it had gotten to 15 below 0 last night the motor and hydro was a tad bit stiff to say the least.
But after getting the motor to turn over ever so slowly 8 or 9 times it fired up and ran fine.

I have checked for leaks between the carb and motor by spraying carb cleaner around where the gasket is and there was no change in how the motor ran.

I am not posative but I think either the carb was some how air locked OR something was plugging one of the jets and when I held my hand over the throat of the carb on last sunday it sucked it through the carb and now all seems to be fine.

You would not happen to have the numbers for the spark plugs you use that ate not champions? would you?

Lonny, the Motorcraft # is AL7C. They probably won't be easy to get. I bought a couple boxes of 10 several years back so I'm set for quite a while. Autolite or AC Delco should be fairly easy. If the actual air temp is -15, if you haven't already done so, switch to Mobil 1 0w-20. My 125 will start on its own with a good, fully charged battery with 0w-20 in it. I also upgraded my cables to 2 gauge. That also helped cold weather starting.

Lonny, one more thought. Use straight gasoline if you have a choice. If I remember correctly there are a few states, I think Mn might be one, that the only gas available is 10% ethanol blend. I have noticed snow throwers and other small engines do start noticeably easier on 100% gasoline.

Charlie, Thanks! And honestly Ken didn't think there were enough to go around. Somthing about "their all mine-their all mine"

I lost a key on my snow thrower. The thrower stopped rotating and the pulley threw sparks. The pulley is shot. The shaft of the gearbox was not damaged but it was scuffed. I bought a pulley with a compression bushing to make sure it fits tight.
71173.jpg

71174.jpg

71175.jpg

We had 2 snow storms in the last week. I've got a lot of seat time.
71176.jpg

71177.jpg

Lonny you said you replaced the carb with another one. Was it by by any chance one from a fly wheel gear drive starter engine not a starter generator engine. The chokes are different between the two types. The choke on a starter genrator motor covers more of the opening than the other kind. I think it is because starter generator turns the engine a bit slower so they close they carb more to get the fuel for starting into it quicker. Gear drive starters turn the engine faster and don't need as much coverage to get the proper amount of choke. I remember a Kohler service bulletin on K series that flooded because they had the wrong choke plate in them. A starter generator plate in a gear drive starter motor. Basically you had to take the plate out and modify it to get more air flow. In your case you could be getting to much air flow. By putting your hand over the carb opening you created the needed choke to start the engine that the wrong choke plate would not do. Roger

Terry - I bought one of those pulleys for an OT project - I couldn't believe how heavy the box from McMaster-Carr was - I weighed the pulley and hub - over five pounds (this is a six inch pulley going on a 16 HP Briggs Vanguard). I started thinking about shaving the flywheel !!

Guys,
If you had a choice what tire size would you use for snow plowing with a blade? I have 8.5, and 10.5's and want to order chains for one of them.
This is for my 1450 or the 782, I'm wanting to use the hydraulic lift.
David

Latest posts

Back