• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 03, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rneubauer

displayname
Rob Neubauer
Marlin,

Thanks for the reply. My intent was to just switch shafts and I have ordered a bunch on parts from one of our sponsers above to do that and freshen up the linkage on the outside of the swashplate control. I will update my profile to include my e-mail info. Thanks again for the help. Rob

Marlin H.
So why not post the info here so everyone can benefit from it?
1a_scratchhead.gif

David K - thanks for all the info on what you did and your thoughts on the right angle gear boxes. I'm really surprised at all the possible differences even tho the basic box and components remain the same.

Well I got at my 149 and ran a wire back from the solenoid to the back of the regulator as Charlie said. Tractor engine will roll over when I attempt to connect the battery wire . so put on the other new regulator I got last week and have the same issue. Ok I`am open to ideas ! GGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRR

Donald T - I think we need to back up and start all over. Please tell us how many terminals you have on your V/R and how each one is marked. (And don't tell us any different abbreviations - tell us exactly how each one is marked).

Charlie P. The gentleman works at Danfoss Power Solutions and is a Service/Field Representative. Believe me... They get enough calls about people asking questions about pumps. Over the years quite a few people have called into there with questions about how to convert a non ported 15U to a ported hydro. I try and respect his as well as the company's time spent answering questions that a lot of people could simply find out by calling a Danfoss Power Solutions Distribution Center. AND BELIEVE ME... from some of the e:mails that I've received over the years... There are an awful lot of times that I regret ever opening up my mouth about my knowledge of the 15U Series. Yes, I happen to work for an excellent company and am fortunate to have some very knowledgeable contacts about a lot of our components. I just don't like flaunting things.

Summing up... I wish to God that I'd kept my mouth shut years ago. Ken Updike would still be known to all as "The Apostle" and only the great people at DPS would know about the true story of the hydro prototype developed by Sunstrand and not solely by IH. I was actually going to keep quiet until Jeff B. asked for my help.

BTW... on converting a non hydro to a ported hydro... A caller will be informed that they do not recommend drilling into a non ported system to convert it to a ported system.

Don't worry I WON'T EVER ask again, Now I am sorry I mentioned your name for help
fan.gif

Marlin,

No worries. I really do not need to know the differences, and respect your expert opinion that if I change out the shaft the pump should work. I was 99% of that answer before you posted, and I think the fella Charlie refers to as Little Donnie has done a similar swap but reversed things. If it does not work out, it will be a learning experience for me. I have rebuilt a few pumps putting new seals in them which requires complete disassembly. Changing out the main shaft will be cake! I will try to be a good forum member and take some pics during the process.

Geez!
I thought WE were all here to help one another?

There's way to much private email explaining things IMHO, that should be posted for all to see and take advantage of.

I missed something along the way.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Rob Neubauer

Yes I did swap shafts ; but it was because the end of the shaft that connects to the drive shaft was welded to the drive shaft and a home made drive shaft was installed ; I wobbled and vibrated so it had to go. I took a shaft from a 1450 and put it in my 1512 . the shafts were the same diameter and I had no issues.

Harry

I ordered the three pin voltage regulators from Charlie . I tested each wire for the B (battery) F ( field ) L (load ; lights) and underneath the VR was I thought ground was apparently to be connected to the solenoid and then to under the VR . When I connect the battery the tractor engine starts to turn over . but it can`t start with the key in the off position . I have now tried two of the VR`s that Charlie sent and have the same issue. I wonder now if the solenoid could be my problem . how would it get feed power to trigger a run for engine start.
1a_scratchhead.gif

So much for sharing your knowledge and spreading the wealth.........
a_blink2.gif

Jeff and Charlie, I'm with you guys and quite baffled as well on this one. Guess we all need to just
rtfm2.gif

Crawling back under my rock...........
lurking.gif

Don T - first off it sounds as thos you are saying you have 4 terminals. You mention "one under the V/R", well does it have any markings? Is it a terminal or just a wire? Also, you should not connect anything to the terminal marked L or Load.

Harry
I will disconnect the L wire this morning and see what that changes . thanks for your input because apparently no one else knows anything about VR`s

Well guys if someone emails me and I know the correct answer for what the are asking I send them a reply ; or a link to the faq. all the ones I get are ( I hate to sound like a dummy on the forum ) Or I don`t want to get chewed at for asking in the wrong place . I don`t think anyone should be put off from asking any question , It is up to our moderators to move the post where it belongs I do think. The poster will learn soon where to ask. My 02

Harry, Don,
IIRC, the terminal "under" the V/R would be for a 1/4" fast-on for a wired ground

also, I can totally understand Marlin's desire to respect his friends privacy...
popcorn.gif

Don T
follow the wiring diagram posted a few pages back and re wire your lights the way they are are shown.
The screw tab on the bottom of the vr Charlie sent you is the gen post.

Don T. I don't know if it will help, but everything I know about voltage regulators is here. I struggled with them and finally just sat down and spent some time trying to figure out what was going on. I think the one you've been describing is about half way through the writeup.

I withhdraw my comment until I get home and look at my V/R. DOH!
1a_scratchhead.gif

Well guys I remove the plug on the L on the VR and connected the battery and the tractor will start and run. Still does not charge ; when the head lights are switched on I see a discharge on the dash meter . now I must see what is happening and do some reading.

292495.jpg

Ok tractor running at a fast idle I get 16 V from the gen post to ground with my meter .So I will check all my wires to see if they are ok.

Back