• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 03, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elincoln

displayname
Edward H Lincoln
Cathleen: We are keeping the other 4 kittens. We had 7 cats for about 10 years. The 17 year old that died about a year ago was born under the bed in our spare bedroom along with her 2 brothers.
My wife is a animal lover and I'm glad we don't live in Africa

Mike,that is to cute about MM and his " timber" and rolling PLOP into your arm and stretching out and relaxing with you. That has to be to cute to watch. Its so cute how they respond to certain words/commands.! Headbutting. Our Fancy does a little more then just laying his head on our chin/nose/face. he gets really crazy with it. When I get up in the morning, he will get up on the table and gently put his little forhead on my chin, or my forehead if I lean into him wishing me " good morning mom", but then we play a game of who loves each other MORE. when we do this..I will say I love YOU MORE..and he will rub his forhead real wildly on my chin, as though to say NO I love YOU MORE, and I'll say NO I Love you more,and that makes him go crazy with HARD headbutts, and we go back and forth like that. He loves that. When Marlin takes him for a ride on the tractor or in the truck,that he will head butt Marlin with very enthusiastic headbutts and it can be kind of difficult for him to drive..hahaha.!! They do that as a greeting and to say I LOVE YOU. They have scent glands in their cheeks. Sneaky little furkids. so thats a good way to get their scent on you as though to say I own you too.. lol. Our other furkids don't really headbutt, but Marlin did teach Annie to nose beep. She would come up close and touch him on the nose with her nose, so he started saying " nose beep" when she did it, so now if you ask her for a nose beep, she will happily give you one. Every morning when I have to lift her up to the kitchen door window so she can watch the tail lights on Marlins truck as he goes off to work, I ask for a nose beep, and she always looks at me with this cute, loving look and gives me a little beep..never more then one though. lol.

Edward, ah, thats great you are keeping the rest of the kittens. Betcha the wife would like to have kept the calico, huh? just thinking. lol. So, if you lived in Africa, the problem would have been what? She would have a gathering of the big puma's.? is that what you are hinting at? hahaha. hummmm, actually Big CATS headbutt too. I was just thinking about the story of Christian the Lion. Have you heard of that story? Christian the lion is about a cub lion that was adopted by two men years ago, and when he got to big to keep, they had a problem of course. They end up taking him back to africa, and well, the whole story can be seen in a video here. It is quite the story, and in the video you can actually witness Chistian headbutting his once old human companions when they meet up again. watch it here( this is a short version) but will touch your heart http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btuxO-

The weather is so awesome here, with highs in the 50's. That's great since Fancy and I have to do his power walks. He is so excited to go out and walk, but he still won't go walk with Marlin. Guess its going to stay a mommy and Fancy thing. anyways, Fancy did a real power walk yesterday. I was so proud of him. On the turn around though, he wanted to meander off and go eat grass. so to entertain him and to get him to walking back towards the house, I would walk off some and then bend down and look at him between my legs and swing my arms and he would come trotting, then he would go look for good grass to eat again, so I would walk off again, and repeat the process till I saw Marlin coming down the street. I was bending down calling Fancy when all of a sudden the truck pulls up behind me. WHAT? oh, Marlin decided to pull off the street and drive through the yard, instead of driving around and coming in the alley. lol. Fancy looked at him kind of funny, like who is that. I scooped him up, and we went for a ride, as I needed to get cigs. Fancy was all excited, and was giving daddy major head butts~ all the way to the store. I guess when I went into the store, Fancy came over to my side of the truck and was looking out my window, calling out a very clear " mom"...Mom". I actually have heard him say that too. It totally shocked me one day. I thought Marlin was pulling my leg when he told me Fancy would call out for me, but he's right, he does say Mom very clearly. So as we headed home, Fancy settled down inbetween us in the seat. It was so cute, like "I'm cool man, I'm hanging with my mommy and daddy and we're just crusing".. he was so relaxed and happy.!! He did have to duck though when we went under the railroad overpass. I feel bad for him, that its a scarey thing for him, plus a train was on the overpass at the time..we warn him, but thats not much help, other then to let him know its coming, but ie doesnt close his eyes or anything.. lol.

Today after work Marlin and Fancy will have to drive around the tractors and machinery one last time across the road, as the big auction is tomorrow. Fancy LOVES looking at all the tractors. Honest he does. He really looks at them, and he loves it when Marlin lets him out of the truck and lets him get in the big tractor cabs. One year Fancy was so excited and led me to the edge of our yard, he wanted me to look across the street at the tractors. At first I couldn't figure out what we was doing, but then I realized he wanted me to acknowledge I saw the tractors, and once I said I see all the tractors, he wandered off in the other direction, like thanks for looking.! lol. After tomorrow he will be all bummed out..no more tractors to look at till next year.

Cathleen
angel.gif

And what's more amazing to me anyway.. Is what you call beeps, we call bink! M-M will look you right in the eye and lean forward slightly and give you a "bink" on the nose or chin. And when Chris calls him he jumps into her lap and she asks for a bink.. if he is in the mood or happy to see her, he'll jump right up and give you a wet one right on the nose! LOL..

And yes, M-M does the heavy duty head butt like yours. Also,If your careful, when he's stretched out and you're rubbin' his tummy, you can rub his ear and catch it just right and then get his rear paw to start tossin'... just like a dog!

He's a silly thing!

Cathleen,

Sparky will hide the meat just about anywhere. We have found some in his food bowl, behind the chair, etc. Next time we fix chicken, I will try and get the camera ready and let the wife take some pics of he and I head butting over it. The wife says we look like two goats butting over the same piece of chicken.

Mike, to Bink or to Beep! lol. I Guess this another of their good behavior/loving gestures, like head butts, rather they be gentle ,kind bumps or the rowdy, I will emmesh my forhead into your face type of butt. lol. I had to laugh when you said that MM will give your wife a bink if he is in the ' mood '. With Annie, as I said in the morning, at the window, I am rationed to just One. That's it!! never two, and I have tried, pleaded and begged to no avail. Oh my gosh, I really had to laugh about MM and his back leg going a mile a minute when you scratched him in the right place, because just last week Marlin had Fancy on his chest, giving him lovings and he was scratching him under his chin and must a hit the same spot you did, and Fancy's back leg was going crazy like MM's. to funny.

Marty, Sparky is just to funny, hiding his food. I guess he feels he never gets enough so must hide his stash. haha. Yes, you Must be camera ready the next time you have chicken so we can see this war of the chicken as it takes place.

Poor Annie. This morning the kids wanted to go out on the porch, and Marlin thought everyone was in, and Annie wasn't. Thank goodness he happened to look out there and poor little Annie was literally going beserk..and scared because she couldnt get back in the house, I have never seen her bolt into the house faster. I felt so sorry for her. I bet she doesn't want to go on the porch for awhile, or at least NOT when her daddy lets her out.( I am not innocent0 I have closed the door on her and Fancy. When I want Annie to come in, all I have to do is pretend I am going to shut the door and she comes running, as she remembers when I was guilty of the same sin) Which reminds me of her daddy Fancy disappearing about a week ago. Every morning Marlin has to open the bi-fold doors where the washer and dryer are and Tootsie has to jump up there and does a ' mouse check'.There have never been mice but we call it a mouse check. Well, unbeknowst to us, after she was done, Fancy had jumped up there and marlin didn't see him and he shut the doors. How he missed a huge kitty is beyond me, but guess Fancy was behind the door that wasn't open..lol! Then we noticed Fancy missing so we were both calling for him, and he didnt answer. We were sitting at the table and then we hear this scratching at the doors and these little meows and he opens the door to a very embarressed Fancy. Geez buddy, it isn't like you couldn't open your mouth and go MEOW like a cat or say something like HEY, in HERE!! lol. at least he finially spoke up.

I had talked about me disiplining Annie with a strong " A" and a few days ago she was going to chase Hannah and as she went to make her move and bounce I said " A", and in mid air she was like a balloon that was popped and did a quick decent to the ground. It was really funny looking, that mid air bounce up and then plop to the ground in the same movement. Then one morning Tootsie was in a playful mood and playing with a toy and usually Annie gets jealous and wants THAT toy, but I was so proud of her. I told her, this is Tootsie time, so you let her play, so Annie gave me this kind of indignent look, but went into the kitchen and sat up on the counter where she could watch her and not bother her. Wow, call that self control.!I gave Annie major praises after, and you could tell how proud she was of herself.

angel.gif
Cathleen

That was nice. There have been a few times when some of the outside cats sleep on our back porch. Its a real joy to watch when they are dreaming, paws twiter, tail wags, mouth chatters...one has to wonder whats up...the bird from morning, or the mouse it stalked, or...who knows.
yummy.gif

Even in the world of animals there is nothing that comes close or compares to the magical touch and love of a Mother.
happy.gif

Scott, for sure on the cuteness alert and then some. the snuggles of a mommy, reassuring the little one and how the tike settled right down.. makes ya just wanna go get a hug from someone..lol. thanks for hooking us up with that. That was just to priceless to miss.!!

Does anyone elses kitty SNORE? Fancy can really saw some logs when he's sleeping... haha.

angel.gif
Cathleen

Jax snores 4 face cord an hour... He was a stray we got at the SPCA, and he had a kitty cold for a while after we got him. He's had a suffed up shnoz ever since...

heres a action photo from her trail cam in the house

250008.jpg

Snore? YES! M-M ends up in the weirdest positions and I think it causes him to snore sometimes. Other times he's just curled up and honkin' away!! After a little while of that I shake him or flip him round as I can't stand it any more! LOL..

Wayne, you haven't been to a large pet store lately. They have all sorts of outfits that go on small dogs, so they should fit a large cat !
jester.gif

haha, well I guess snoring reigns in the kitty kingdom too. Yeah, I have had to wake up Fancy a few times as well when watching TV and his snores overtake the room with a resounding roar.!!

Hey Jeff, isn't that Mittens in that photo that your daughter took with her trail camera? hahaha.

We have bought large dog ware for Fancy and I dont know, it doesn't seem to fit like it does on dogs. I think they are built abit differently. We got him a sweater and everytime we put it on him, he would immediatley fall over. It was funny than all get out to watch. Then we would pick him up, he'd take a few steps, then plop, on his side again. He would wear it, but somehow he would manage to get one front leg out of it, and then he could walk better~ then he was FINE with it. We also bought him a kitty carhart coat, which just wraps around him and has a velco strip. He doesn't much like that walking either, but if daddy is holding him, its ok. warm....yessssss..!!!!!

yesterday daddy and Fancy went for a ride to see the last few tractors left, but when they got back in the truck to for for a ride, Fancy seemed to be all bummed out and went and sat on the passengers side and called out " mom".."mom". So they came back and Marlin came in and asked if I would go for a ride with them, Fancy wanted me. So I got my coat on and went out to the truck and my goodness, Fancy was like he hadn't seen me in a month of Sundays. He gave me major headbutts and loving and sat on my lap and looked out my window then settled down but made sure he was touching me the whole time. Then we stopped at Caseys and daddy got them chicken strips, yummy, so he sat on my lap on the way home and was sooooo happy. When we got in the house he wouldnt leave my side,he knewa what was coming and then here comes Tootsie screaming down the stairs. She smelled the chicken too. Anyways, Fancy has never requested me go on a truck ride before, that was a first. lol

angel.gif
Cathleen

Kraig, oh goodness, your poor little Tots. Talk about lookin bummed out. Butttt, you mean she doesn't have snow shoes living in snow country?

Fancy has had the same hang dog, oh, I mean sad kitty look since yesterday as we got a light dusting of snow. That first snowfall is always a delight,but glad we didnt get but a dusting. Fancy didnt' appreciate the blanket of white, NOR the C-O-L-D. He didnt' even want to go out this morning and help daddy start the truck. Pooooor Fancy.

angel.gif

Cathleen

Back