• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 02, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbaker

displayname
jeff l baker
And to echo the others Thank you Charlie on putting out the best site on the net.
buttrock.gif

wow I was thinking of Ken "AKA" the Grump also

Yes Melody run with out them its normal for them to disapear anyway while in use

MELODY - I agree with Jeff, the anti-rattle clips are safer stuck in a drawer somewhere than installed in your manual PTO.
The PTO's rattle even with them installed.

I have never had a problem with those clips coming off, provided they are put on in the right place. (And was always bothered by the false engine knock)....YMMV

Jeff,

Thanks for the help! All I have to do is cut out 5" off the front of the quick attach and weld it back on.

Rob

lurking.gif

I only had one Cub Knock and a .030 re bore cured that. Its a strong running 149 now.I remove pto`s when not needed , This also helps keep them lubed with never-seize and a little blue locktite also .

Digger

I second the motion ( you done good with the new and improve site). I think this hobby will grow now that people can see how to do maintenance and repairs to there tractors. This site will grow and be a busy place for IH Cub Cadet Garden Tractors. I`am thinking a guy could do a little research before the big step and be assured that they can own a great working tractor .
old.gif

I've looked with 3 different browsers and cannot find any new stuff???? Maybe I'm looking right at something and don't see it.

Thank you Charlie and everyone here for supplying me with the most complete source of info. on my favorite hobby. This forum is the reason i have 14 tractors instead of one.
Luther

Never mind............ I see the new sections now...Thanks Digger and all who contribute.

STEVE B. - Part of the problem with the clutch clips on the 72 might be that to basket is worn quite a bit, I've tried to "COMPRESS" It but without special equipment to keep it round & concentric with the crankshaft I didn't want to mess with it too much.

I suppose I could give the inside of the basket about ten heavy coats of paint.! ;-)

Does anybody have pictures of the key switch for their originals? Is there anybody who sells them? I've looked around, and there aren't any floating around, at least I haven't seen any. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong parts.

Jared B.
There's actually 2 switches for Originals.
Up to Serial No. 29408 PN/IH-365522-R92 is no longer available.
And,
Serial No. 29409 & above PN/IH-403562-R2 USE IH-403562-R3 is still available and I'm sure Houtz or Madson's have them on the shelf for ya.
217295.jpg

Under Edit,
You have to be careful buying swtichs for Originals, there's a lot of people selling magneto switches that look exactly like the O switch and will not work.

Thanks Charlie & all others this website is amazing.. can get in to the manauls now, hope to have a 147 service manaul in there soon...

JU

Charlie "Digger" Proctor

Yep you might have given to much info.pictures are great.lol I have a toogle switch on my 62 Original. I guess its all the po could aford at the time. But IT does work.Like any switch you have to rember to turn it off .
bash.gif

Better than the Original I'm looking at. No switch at all. Seems real safe for kids, right? You know, what with the no fenders and all. lol

JARED - I drove my first CC when I was seven yrs old mowing grass. I never even drove one with fenders until I was twenty-seven.

I was only allowed to mow the barnyard, fewer things to run into. I'd already been mowing it with a home-made tractor and a push mower hooked behind for two years.

You can only make power equipment so safe, it's mostly the responsibility of the operator to be safe. But I agree, some sort of switch for the ignition is nice. My CC 70 has a toggle switch but the new key switch is sitting on the shelf.

bad news for the 147. i decided to removed the head and see how the cylinder looked. i cranked the engine over by hand and i noticed that the valves werent moving!!! i also heard some weird noise. i opened up the oil pan to find pieces of gear. the camshaft also looked like someone chewed on it. looks like a balance gear exploded and ate the timing gear on the camshaft. now i dont know what to do with this machine, im either going to fix it or part it out and get my money back. i only paid 160 bucks so getting my money back wouldnt be that hard. the guy already lied to me and told me that all it needed was the end of the crankshaft repaired. i will assume that the engine was NEVER rebuilt and that he told me a complete and total lie. it may or may not need a full overhaul. this guy kinda pisses me off. i know that i bought it cheap, but he sold me something on the premise of only needing some minor work. he failed to tell me that the engine blew up.

only good news is that something didnt go through the side of the block. this is exactly why my off topic tractor doesnt have balance gears. they suck

Andrew : I also have a 147 I,m restoring right now.. hope to see you restore yours also but if not & you part it out I,m looking for an Ele lift for my 147 to maybe buy or trade for.. Thats if you part it out if not maybe we could talk back & forth about both projects. My E-mail is in my profile or reach on the forum Jeff U

Latest posts

Back