• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 08, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ooooh i didnt look that far back to mount it! that makes perfect senses now! thanks guys!

I am currently having issues starting my 124. It would only start when I jumped it and would run for a few minutes. Which made me think it was the SG so I disconnected the SG to test it(it was good). Now since I have reconnected it nothing is happening. I turn the key and the engine doesn't even turn over anymore. I was thinking maybe I somehow I mixed the SG wires up but not 100% sure.

Anyone have an idea or seen this problem before?

Will

William. You have to start at the beginning and do a systematic diagnosis. Test the battery to make sure it is good. Check all connections including grounds. There are wiring diagrams on this site. Make sure voltage is going where it is supposed to be. Check the safety switch and ignitions switch for proper operation.

Load test battery first......could be stone cold dead.

So I got my qa42a out and put a new chain and bearings on it. I went to go throw some snow, and it was only doing about 3 inches from the chute. The pulley on my engine is 5 5/16" and the pulley on the thrower is a 4". Would It be becasue of a belt being to tight? or becasue of the rust in my chute? Thanks

Austin, rust in the discharge chute will REALLY hamper performance. Quickest fix is to get a can of Slip-Plate or other graphite paint and give it a coat or better yet two. The brush on stuff has higher graphite content but even the spray stuff will improve performance. Click here for more info

Austin- Don't know if there's such a thing as too tight. The manual says take all the slack out of the belt and then tighten 3 to 3 1/2 turns. That's pretty tight. If it was wet it won't throw as good. Get that rust out of the chute. Paint it with graphite paint or shine the bare metal up and wax it good.

Well the snow's falling and I played with the carb on the 100. While it's not 100 percent, I'll take 98 any day. I need to pick up another carb kit and bowl gaskets, I have a bad habit of taking the gasket out of kits. I borrowed a "good" gasket for now. Nothing leaking and she runs like a top! I'll go start plowing in the morning, not enough to bother with right now.

Ez slide is a type of graphite paint. You want a smooth surface to put it on. I put it on bare metal dirt plows to keep from rusting when not being used. For you Austin, clean the most off you can and spray it on, thick as you can.

Latest posts

Back