• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

A Colorado Howdy!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My name is David. I live in Colorado Springs and am new to the group. I have a CC 1450 that I have had since it was about 5 years old but have let a friend use it sparingly and store it for the last 20 years. It is in pretty nice condition but still needs some TLC. Eager to learn all I can from those of you who are "Cadet veterans." Debating about doing a full restoration or just continuing to do some additional "clean up" on it. Being in Colorado, I need a snow blade and a replacement seat for it but not sure the best places to look so any suggestions are very welcome. The seat doesn't seem to be as challenging as the snow plow. I have a 50" mower deck and an IH gearbox and a 40" tiller for it but have not been able to find the model number to locate a user manual for the tiller. Also debating about replacing the motor mounts just because of the age. Look forward to seeing the projects and builds you all may be doing and learning as much as I can from you all.

Attachments

• 20220822  IH Cub Cadet 1450 1.jpg
    20220822 IH Cub Cadet 1450 1.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 2
Welcome, David. Enjoy the forum!

Welcome! Changing the mounts is a great idea, but start building your parts list now. There is so much more you will want to do while the engine is out of the way. Here is a pic of the ones I got, next to the original, from my local Cub dealer

Attachments

• PXL_20220901_125753475.jpg
    PXL_20220901_125753475.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Welcome from another 1450 owner, it's like we're brothers from separate mothers now 🤣

Yes, if you're going to continue using it, just keep it as you have it. Looks good to me 👍😎👍

And yes, along with the mounts, I feel like there are a few "must haves" from David Kirk.
1). Muffler crutch
2). Super steer components
3). Transdenser and Bosch blue coil (these you can look at for later but if you're gonna order, might as well get everything at once)

Welcome from another 1450 owner, it's like we're brothers from separate mothers now 🤣

Yes, if you're going to continue using it, just keep it as you have it. Looks good to me 👍😎👍

And yes, along with the mounts, I feel like there are a few "must haves" from David Kirk.
1). Muffler crutch
2). Super steer components
3). Transdenser and Bosch blue coil (these you can look at for later but if you're gonna order, might as well get everything at once)
Great suggestions! Thanks for the input. I already looked at what David Kirk offers and have a "list" of what I would like to get from him. The three you mentioned are all on my list. In the past, I have built engines and race cars (and more recently offroad vehicles) and really enjoy making them run well and look nice too. haven't done too much with single-cylinder engines though. Thanks again for reaching out.

Welcome! Changing the mounts is a great idea, but start building your parts list now. There is so much more you will want to do while the engine is out of the way. Here is a pic of the ones I got, next to the original, from my local Cub dealer
Great pictures. Thanks for sharing them. I have not looked at the condition mine are in but knowing that they are 40+ years old and supporting a single-cylinder engine, it just makes sense that they should be replaced. No local IH or Cub dealers so I just ordered them online from Cub Cadet Parts. Thanks for your input and your assistance. Appreciate the encouragement.

David, welcome aboard.
Will you blade snow on pavement or gravel?
Enjoy that beautiful front-range sunshine you receive every day it ain’t snowin’. 😉
Thanks! Primarily on hard surfaces (concrete or asphalt) but from time to time, I do my son's hard-packed dirt (Chirt) driveway. As an experiment on the blade I have another small tractor, I have replaced the blade "scrape bar" with an HDPE Polyurathane bar and it has worked great. Lighter weight and just as strong as the steel bar.
Yes, I'm a Colorado native and I am thankful to live in a place with such beautiful mountain scenery and blue skies most of the time.

Back