• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 01, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kide

displayname
Gerry Ide
Archive bug..
Kraig:
Yup, I even freshened it up, but this stuff is sticky!
These are from last year, when we got just about the same stuff....
97627.jpg

97628.jpg

Kendell, don't you hate it when that happens!
pcwhack.gif
roflol.gif

Has anyone found an easy way to get more lift on a 782 with a 42" snow blade, mine will only come off the ground about 2 inches and it digs into the driveway when I turn back in.
Larry

Larry:
You might want to make sure you haven't sheared the roll pin in the rockshaft assy. , and make sure you've got the right lift rod. If you unhook the lift rod, can you lift the blade higher? Also, if you jack the front of the tractor up in the air, how far down below tire level does the blade drop? These will be you limits - if it's dropping real far below the level of the tires, you might consider making a shorter lift rod... The other option might be to drill another hole in the lift arm on the blade (it's all about mechanical leverage ratios).

Hi,
Thanks for this forum!
I just picked up a qa42 thrower and I want to use it on my 105. It came with 75lb weights and chains, lift bracket w/rod and the chute adjuster, delivered for $75.00. I wanted to know...
1. Is this a good size for the 105 or should I look for a 36?
2. I want to service the thrower before I use it. I can lube the obvious points but how about the gear box? I tried to find a manual but to no avail. I know there is a site somewhere because I have a pdf of the tractor but I can not remember where I downloaded it from and if it was free or if I paid for it.
Thanks in advance.

I was going thru a box of CC parts iI bought last week, and found a CC Hydro filter. It was in an old red and black IH box and is the same filter that we use today. Is it still good to use, or would the paper have gotten weak and hard? Thanks

Tom, it should work just fine, especially if you do this Graphite paint trick. If you start to run out of power just adjust the tractor ground speed. Always run the engine at full throttle.

Here's what the snowthrower manual says about lubrication of the grease zerks and the gear box.

97630.jpg

HOWEVER, even if you have the "sealed" 90° gearbox you might want to carefully open it up and check the grease that is in it. Couldn't hurt to wipe out the old grease and replace it. Charlie likes to use THIS as lubrication in his tiller and snowthrower gear boxes. If/when you remove the cover be careful that you do not damage the gasket. This would also be a good time to inspect the gears and check the bearings in the gearbox.

how much weight do you guys add for plowing snow? i have a 129 with chains a 50lbs in each wheel? will that be enough? i have a flat gravel driveway.

This is all the info in the service manual for the tractor that covers the snowthrower.

97632.jpg

Dustin, you can never have too much weight. Well, perhaps I shouldn't write "never". In any case more weight is usually a good thing. I run chains and one 26 lb weight on each wheel and I have all this weight hanging off the back of my #2 125 and sometimes more weight would be a good thing. It might also depend on how much weight YOU add to the seat...

97634.jpg

Kendell,
Have you tried blocking the airflow that comes off your engine and heats the chute? Seems to make a difference on mine...

Quick off topic question...

Does anybody know if the Red Power forum has a "For Sale" section?

I looked, but can't seem to find any mention of one, but possibly I'm looking in the wrong location.
1a_scratchhead.gif

<font size="-2">(We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.)</font>
headphones.gif

97637.gif

Kendell:

OK Thanks

I have checked the shear pin and it seems OK. I’ll try unhooking the lift rod and see how much travel I have and will try making adjustments on the lift arm to see if I can make it better.
Thanks again.
Larry

Tom R
You should ck the grease in the gear box,mine had turned to crud and the gasket probably won't survive either,mine didn't. My QA manual says for a grease filled box : There must be enough lubricant in the gear box so that the teeth on the bottom of the large gear are completely in grease and the teeth on the bottom of the small gear are in contact with the grease. The specified grease is IH 251H EP or equivalent #2 lithium grease. I use a chain saw nose wheel rubber tip grease fitting held up against the gap around the rotor brgs to grease them (the book says they are sealed, but not when they get old).

I finally got the starter solenoid! NAPA had it on Saturday, but couldnt reach me! (Out Huntin') Going to put that and the S/G back on 106 this evening. Grandad said he had a V/R that he bought some 20 or 30 years ago but never used it for anything, said once he found it he would let me have it. Oh, I have found something with more set screws than that front PTO! Just be thankful your not drummers!!

can somebody explain to me how a creeper works, i dont really need to know, just curious.
Thanks
Matt

ART - Sorry, RPM sells classified ads in the magazine.....no free "For Sale" section. Sorry.

Latest posts

Back