• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 31, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn Charlie I know that too! WTF was I thinking?!?
bash.gif
censored.gif
Grrr, OK guys don't mind me... worrying about family in Alabama too much.

Attachments

• bash.gif
    bash.gif
    904 bytes · Views: 134
  • censored.gif
    censored.gif
    217 bytes · Views: 125
Jeff the stroke is the same on 12-14-16 but the 14-16 have full counter weights 10 and some 12s are cut flat on the bottom of the counter weight.If you have a full counterweight then it will work.

Have a great holiday weekend guys and gals.
I start my mini vacation in 30 minutes, see you all next week Wensday.
Will have a lot of reading to do when I get back.

Have fun, be safe.

If the QL tank is ABS would the glue for ABS pipe work to "solvent weld" a crack? If the crack was big perhaps you could use a scrap piece of ABS pipe to grind up into chips to use as filler. I have no idea if this would work just thinking in text........

Since we're on the subject of tanks, I have a QL tank that I just got, its solid, but the little valve on the bottom is frozen in the closed position. I want to remove it, but I don't want to damage the tank, any advice? Do they make a replacement for this valve?

Chuck

Chuck F:

Yes they are available.
30471.jpg

This is located in the TC-157 Parts Manual, section P, page 9.

Part No: IH-109042-C2

Attachments

• 30471.jpg
    30471.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 125
  • 30471.jpg
    30471.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 125
Richard C. and others:
Try a fiberglass repair kit (available at Wally World). Pretty easy to use. Rough-up tank around crack with sandpaper and follow repair kit directions.

Kraig -

I've always thought that some CAREFUL work with a pencil soldering iron might do the trick.

If the tank IS ABS, then I would think that the usual stuff could be used. Hell, you might even run over to the hobby shop and pickup some Plastruct to fix it with
wink.gif

MEK should work on ABS, too...

Attachments

• wink.gif
    wink.gif
    880 bytes · Views: 131
Bryan, I've welded with a pencil soldering iron many times when repairing connectors. However it helps to have additional plastic of the same type to help build up the weld.

Greetings all, I am new to the forum and looking for a suitable hydro playmate/helper for my '53 Super A ("Dolly"). I am interested in Quiet Line models and 82's and would like to know more about pro's and con's of these particular tractor lines. (Getting both is currently not an option with the missus) I have searched archives and have Ken Updike's book on order but would also appreciate members input before deciding on my next project tractor. Thanks in advance. Mark Stanley

I can't remember the name of the material the later gas tanks are made of but I don't think it's ABS. Seems like it's Poly-???? ABS is normally very brittle. Not sure who makes or used to make the little tanks for Cub Cadets but Stopler Industries used to make the tanks for the BIG tractors..... Only about 2 miles from where I work now.

Here it is: "durable, high density, cross linking polyethylene"

Kraig -

When I worked at the hobby shop, we just used straight MEK in glass syringes...

Mark, 82 series Cub Cadet (either a 782 or the 982) would be my choice given the two options.

confused.gif

Being not as experenced with Cub Cadets as most on here. I was wondering if there is a way to tell a narrow frame model from a wide frame model by use of the model number. Example; I am looking fro a rear 3 point lifting hitch for my narrow frame model 71. I see one on Ebay that states it is off a 124. I do not know if a 124 is a wide frame or narrow frame. Are narrow frames used up to model XXXX. or is wide frames used from model xxxx to xxxx?

Attachments

• confused.gif
    confused.gif
    473 bytes · Views: 131
Ed, the 124 is a narrow frame.

70/100 = narrow frame
71, 102, 122, 123 = narrow frame
72, 104, 105, 124, 125 = narrow frame
73, 106, 107, 126, 127, 147 = narrow frame

86, 108, 109, 128, 129, 149 = wide frame
800, 1000, 1200, 1250, 1450, 1650 = wide frame
482, 1282, 582, 682, 782, 982 = wide frame

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on September 01, 2005)

KRAIG - I've got some small blister pak's of two-part epoxy that long ago exceeded the expiration date on the packages. Still "Works" but the open time before it starts setting up is measured in seconds now instead of minutes. I'm not sure it would bond to a used plastic gas tank either.
I think Your idea of a pencil type soldering iron might work. I know I tried brazing a cracked CC gas tank about a year ago with dismal results. It was VERY rusty inside anyhow. At least the new plastic replacement tank shouldn't rust.

Latest posts

Back