• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 28, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve C.

If you currently have the correct pulley and you have the correct rpm's then putting a different pulley on will only cover up a problem that is still there. Though,the faster speed from the different pulley is a good idea.Are your blades sharp, are you mowing at too fast of speed, grass too tall for your speed?

Scott, maybe I missed it somehow, but the only thing I've seen in the FAQ is in regard to the "hydro-creep" issue. I've read all three pages and found nothing regarding adjusting the linkage. The only adjustement I've found so far is the threaded rod coming back from the dash control. And I don't see how adjusting it will help this problem, as it only seems to affect the control lever position. When the foot brake is locked down, it pulls the mechanism back to the same position no matter where the lever may be anyway. It seems to me that the adjustment I need to make to get "true" neutral with the brake locked, would be on the pump linkage itself, but I'm not finding anything there to adjust, hence why I'm baffled by this problem. Especially since it didn't exist before re-securing the rearend back in place on the left side. Surely there has to be some way to set the neutral position of the pump swashplate.

John A. -

Perhaps the most important line of that whole FAQ entry:<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Before you go any further, order a service manual for your 1250 from one of our sponsors (see ads at www.ihcubcadet.com). It will be very valuable in working on your machine and will explain some of the adjustments required after your hydro fix. They are not very expensive.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote><font size="-1">The neutral adjustment (along with many others) is detailed in said manual</font>
rtfm.gif
lol.gif

<font size="-1">Of course, you can use Charlie's link, but you can't take his FAQ into the bathroom with ya. Plus the book has pictures.
lol.gif
</font>

Attachments

• lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 129
  • rtfm.gif
    rtfm.gif
    289 bytes · Views: 133
  • lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 147
Steve C.

The speed up pulley will help, but it seems to me you have a set-up issue. Level the deck and described in the FAQ with a touch on nose down angle (1/4" tops).....install new Gator blades......install speed up pulley....enjoy best deck IH made for their tractors.

BTW, LEVEL THE DECK will solve 90% of all cut quality related issues. Spend several hours "dialing in your deck" and your lawn can/will look like a golf course......people seem to have a very "slap it on and go" mind set with decks.....nothing could be further from the truth, they are one of the herdest implements to "tune" to 100% perfection.......even harder than a Brinly plow........but in the end all of your efforts will be worth it.

(Message edited by sblunier on August 30, 2005)

David G.

Yes, you have discovered the jewel of the IH mower deck line........a well tuned 44" w/Gators is a wonderful thing!!!!!

Yes Bryan, I saw that about the manual, but as I said before, I sold the tractor. It's not mine anymore, and I can't afford to spend money I don't have on a manual for a machine that isn't mine. If I expected to be working on one of these in the future for a customer, it would be a different story. But in the past 15 years or so, I've only had one other Cub in the shop besides this one, and it's a 3000 series. (It's actually here waiting to be worked on now.) Mostly what comes thru my shop are Deere, Crapsman, and MTD cheapies.
Thanks for the link, Digger. That should help tremendously!

John A..

Uhh..., what they said...
biggrin.gif

My 149 was bought new by my dad in '73, and hasn't been touched, yet my hydro linkage did the same as yours. there is a pivot fulcrum bolted to the hydro that can slide up and down to adjust. Mine is worn/out of whack/bent/??? enough that the slide adjustment is not enough. the only thing that is could be is the linkage needs adjustment, or the trunion spring/washer/slot is worn. (which is not in the manual) Do a search on the trunnion, and you'll find what the slot is Not supposed to look like...(and how to fix it)

HTH
ihrotate.gif

while I'm at it,
Original Kohler, never been apart, using castrol syntec 5w-50 for 6 years (clean)
30447.jpg

frame
30448.jpg

and the aforementioned trunion-- a.k.a fubar
30449.jpg

Attachments

• 30449.jpg
    30449.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 142
  • 30448.jpg
    30448.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 174
  • 30447.jpg
    30447.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 180
  • ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 132
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 143
  • 30447.jpg
    30447.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 177
  • 30448.jpg
    30448.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 179
  • 30449.jpg
    30449.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 150
See what happens when we don't post much? I get brain fade on the camera/pic sizing stuff....
crazy.gif

BTW, just go back from vacation, saw a bumper sticker that said:

"If it ain't RED, then leave it in the SHED!"

gota love it...

Attachments

• crazy.gif
    crazy.gif
    896 bytes · Views: 146
LMAO at Digger and Bryan... Funny... Hell Bryan I'll give you a wireless NIC
biggrin.gif
clappy.gif

Attachments

• clappy.gif
    clappy.gif
    1.2 KB · Views: 144
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 132
How do I get the center drive pulley off of a mower deck? I just recently bought a nice 782 that the 44' deck was wore out on. I have a newer 50' deck that is in great shape. (it's yellow though) The only problem I have is the drive pulley on the new deck is for the narrow belt, and I need the wide belt pulley. All I have do is switch pulleys but I don't want to damage the wide pulley as I am going to need it.

I have the top nut off. but I can't get it to budge, any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Or can I just buy a new center drive pulley reasonably?

(Message edited by bbaker on August 31, 2005)

Bryan B.
You have a number off the new deck. Or a good pic? Right off hand If I remember right, there's 2 or 3 different 50's.

Rick M. -

I've got all the WiFi and Bluetooth covered, thanks. Ya really think the john is the best place for one's electronics?
wink.gif
Just the spark hazard alone...

I think the reason a lot of car dealer mechanics aren't up to snuff on things is cuz they can't take their TSB's into the john with them anymore. And I highly doubt the dealer's gonna buy them a notebook for each stall...

Attachments

• wink.gif
    wink.gif
    880 bytes · Views: 136
Steve B., good point! I copied and pasted the info I got in an email from the person I knew that had used the S/G jump start procedure. I have not used that procedure myself though I've seen it done.

Hello from the shadows.

Just wanted to let you know that I am still alive. I have been working on a new quick attach for a number of accessories. Generator, pressurewasher, stump grinder, and a few other goodies. I hope all is well with all of you. I have been working on my welding and machining skills. I have also been building some really cool new tools for the shop. As usually all of them are about 3/4 of the way done.

On a family note, Elizabeth and I are expecting another little cubber in early April.

Anybody have any luck patching a Quietline gas tank? I've got a small seepage about half way up the side on my 1450 gas tank. I tried some J B weld on a fiberglass tank on my Chipper but the vibration shook it loose again so I don't want to use that.

I want to put a 3 point hitch on my NF 71. Will a WF hitch fit? I have seen the upper lifting arm and povit on ebay but I dont know how it attaches to the tractor. It looks like it is pined inside the seat base.

Back