• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 31, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bryan, I always forget about that chart. Perhaps a link in the FAQ to it or a new FAQ entry on narrow frame and wide frame models?

Denny, that pencil soldering iron welding was Bryan's idea.........

Or maybe CLICK HERE to see what models are what.
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 150
Kraig, would you please elaborate on why you prefer 82 series over Quiet Line models? Thanks

Mark, I was hoping you wouldn't ask that.... I should leave the reasons up to those that actually have the models in question. I only have narrow frame Cub Cadets and one Original which is altogether different. My reasons would be purely subjective. If you want subjective reasons I'll elaborate, here goes; they look better, a CAT-0 rear hitch is (on the used market) available for them rather then the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> 3 point hitch. The 982 also has a rear PTO available, again only on the used market. AFAIK, everyone that I know of that has an 82 series likes it, then again all the QL owners seem to like there QLs. There is one person I know of that has at least one of each perhaps he'll give some pros and cons for each.

Oh RCC..........
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 158
Now that I think of it, I have used my parent's 2072 (later version of the 982 only with power steering and yellow and white instead of red) and I liked it. :eek:)

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on September 01, 2005)

still looking for some help on my 147 hydro sezure.I disconnected the speed control rod that connects to speed cont cam & found that the handle will not move much so it'll prob have to come apart but the speed controll cam will move slightly should it move freely? I think this still has an original filter on it!! Tks Don
30479.jpg

Attachments

• 30479.jpg
    30479.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 154
  • 30479.jpg
    30479.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 164
Several years ago a former boss of mine was putting shelving into a new service van and drilled into the (plastic) gas tank ( which is why I never let him put shelves in again). He got a two part epoxy from the dealer( it seems that a lot of people drill through GMC Safari gas tanks) and patched it right up.

I see that all of us long-time lurkers are supposed to come out of the closet. I'm one of those people who still owns the family's original Cub Cadet, bought new from Stuart Motors in Wood River, Illinois, when I was in 7th grade. In the last few years, I've added a nice 1450 and a 147 with an official Cub Cadet radio. I really enjoy reading this forum and have learned a lot. Since this is my first posting, I'll likely goof something up, but I'll hope to post a few more times before the next sweep.
30484.jpg

Attachments

• 30484.jpg
    30484.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 149
  • 30484.jpg
    30484.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 160
Mark S.

I've had both 1250 and 1450. I now have a 682 and like it better. Mainly because of the twin engine. It also looks more like the IH 88 series farm tractors of the early 80's.

30490.jpg

Attachments

• 30490.jpg
    30490.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 160
  • 30490.jpg
    30490.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 153
I hope I'm posting in the right forum. I'm looking for info. and pics. of the vac attachments for cubs. I have an e-z vac, but I will need to make the bracket and holder for collection system.

Thank you,}}}

How about using xylene for a cracked plastic tank? Or acetone? Will melt the parts together
then lightly sand smooth. Kept a lot of canopies in use in Nam instead of replacing at big$$$.

Joseph R,

http://members.aol.com/pullingtractor/carbfuel.htm

Check out this link, there is a part lower down on the page that talks about the mods you need to make to the carb to run on ethinol. I personally think its a great idea... in fact I'm going to do it. I'm building a 1250 right now thats going to run on e85. I wanted to build a diesel and run it on bio-diesel, but the cost of getting a diesel motor would have put me in the poor house.

Don, if that filter is the original, you might have some serious problems in that hydro. First thing I would do is pull the back plate off and clean everything out real good. Pull off the hydro and put in a new round gasket, put on a new filter, and fill her up with some fresh Hytran. I'd also work on the lever, it shouldn't be that dificult to move. The whole linkage sounds like it needs work.

Chuck

Gee, wonder where Chuck F might have found that gas tank? Was it attached to a 1000 roller?
moon.gif

That little hole that got emptied by the 1000 got filled up quick... A little MTD followed me home - HEY! It was free! And the same thing happened when I got traded off the 86 to the guy opening up the creamery NW of me and West of Bryan.
biggrin.gif

(Message edited by rmunday on September 01, 2005)

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 144
  • moon.gif
    moon.gif
    8.9 KB · Views: 156
Wide...

Shame on you Kraig you missed one!
bottom.gif
clown.gif

Attachments

• clown.gif
    clown.gif
    178 bytes · Views: 146
  • bottom.gif
    bottom.gif
    27.7 KB · Views: 155
Ok Guys A couple more questions. I recently bought a 782 that is in pretty good shape. It's already my favorite tractor!

The lift on the tractor goes down really slow, but goes up pretty fast. The other tractors I have don't do this. They go down just as fast as they come up. Is the 782 supposed to be slow? I beleive it's a different cylinder setup versus the QL, and 1x9 tractors?

Also anyone out there use a HVLP gravity feed paint gun? I am contemplating purchasing one to paint my 149 with. I have never used one but like the idea of less over spray, as I will likely be paiting in my back yard in the yard barn! My garage is attached to the house, and finished inside so no overspray or paint fumes are allowed in there! I know that's a little off topic, hopefully it won't get me into trouble with the mods!
happy.gif

Oh, and I also got my deck pulley situation figured out. My cub dealer still can get the center drive pulley for a 782 tractor. 25 bucks though! Now all I got to do is figure out how to level the thing!
construction.gif

(Message edited by bbaker on September 01, 2005)

Attachments

• construction.gif
    construction.gif
    883 bytes · Views: 143
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 146

Latest posts

Back