• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 29, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kevin: If you have oil at the filler plug on the rear, you're good to go.
thumbsup.gif

Brian,
When ever you are having electrical problems, it's a good idea to start by Checking all ground connections and fuses. After that, check to see if you are getting power to the small wire on the solenoid when trying to start. If you are, problem is in solenoid. If not, move on to switches

Brian, I was mowing the other day w/the 70 and it just quit on me. Turns out the wire connector at the points was a little loose and oil covered.
Just a thought....

Good luck!
Dave S.

PAUL - If all you wanted was to SEE a 982, you should have stopped in. But sorry, I ain't letting my SGT get away from me. Think I've got the only old IH CC's anywhere around, but there is getting to be quite a few newer MTD CC's in the neighborhood. Seems they've replaced what few green/yellow mowers there was around.

It's not quite as dry here as last summer, but getting close, I spent about 15 minutes mowing crab grass Thursday aft. that has grown in the last three weeks. Rest of yard is still green but not growing. Last summer at this time it was all brown. Maybe in another week or two I can mow everything again.

I bet you stay busy irrigating this time of year.

Brian W. Mike E. gives you some <u>very</u> sound advice. Sadly too many people just start throwing (buying) new parts instead of taking the time to actually search other thing and check them out. I've ALWAYS stressed the word PATIENCE when working on anything. TALK to the tractor!!! Or in simpler terms FOCUS on the little things. I simply can't afford to just go throwing new parts on anything. Ryan McShane can't either.

Last fall when I brought home the 147 with many bare wires on the harness, Ryan looked at it and said I bet that it will run. I thought he was crazy with ALL the bare wires touching metal. We carefully put in fresh gas and hooked up a battery AFTER we made sure the bare wires weren't touching any metal and within a few turns the tractor was running. I thought we'd have a fire only Ryan (a LOT younger than myself) taught me something that day... Believe in trying the simplest things first.

Your 1250 isn't a Nightmare at all. You simply aren't "talking and listening" to it. You're too busy looking for that simple fix all over the place and not paying attention to details. Summing up... Do as Mike Essary has suggested... Start with the switches and keep tracing (eliminating) the things that do work.

PATIENCE... Should you get frustrated then walk away for awhile. THEN go back to where you left off. Stay calm and please quit calling it a Nightmare... Call it the 1250 Challenger. The 1250 will like that name and begin to help you solve its problem. After all... don't think that little tractor doesn't want to run like a tractor that is willing to challenge other tractors when plowing, moving snow or other tasks.

Everyone stay cool and be safe this weekend.
happy.gif

I actually like it when people have problems with Cub Cadets- they get fed up enough they sell them as "problem machines" for cheap and usually it is something minimal that won't get it running. Makes it great for a buyer.

Brian W - I like what Marlin is telling you. I know you've had those discussions before about your naming of the unit - but you know, I really like 1250 Challenger as Marlin suggested.
In our other discussions I sensed you had the patience to get thru these things. The situation you have certainly has to be a minor item. All you did is leave the key turned on. It has to be a minor problem - it's just figuring it out now and fixing it AND I know you can do it. And I like what Daniel G also mentioned. I've picked up quite a few units in the past and was amazed that they only had a minor easy fix problem. But it did take some patience.

Jeremiah - are you rounding up cardboard? Or a piece of flat stock? I think alot of guys on here are getting spikes in they yellar n' white fever awaiting updates.

Shultzy,
I had a call from a guy who had a 129 with a snow blade.He said they wanted $400 to replace the rear end with a used one.He said in would move ok until he pushed snow.I replaced a roll pin for him.Could be same thing.

On the subject of "problem machines" I've bought two that were "locked up". On one the basket pulley was pushed against the bolt head that holds the s/g bracket on the block and the other had a frozen s/g bearing. Neither turned out to be "froze up". You'll figure it out Brian - I'm rootin for ya!

I bought my 147 from a pastor that blew up the front PTO (like destroyed the throwout levers because the fiber button was gone, the thrust button was shot, the fiber disc did not have any lugs on it, and the bearing was separated in 3 places.) and his wife wanted it gone. It also needed a front tire and some mower deck welding. He didn't know how/didn't want to spend time working on it so it was a deal.

Latest posts

Back