• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through August 26, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evening Kraig and Gang,

I'm working on a 4x4 project for a guy w/ MS who is loosing leg mobility. It will be a 4 person butt buggy that he can take to engine shows and get around on his property.

Original plan is to get another working 1650 rear end and marry them adding dual wheels. 4 seats will actually be over the duals and hand controls will be centrally located between the two front seats for use from either side.

That way he doesn't have to climb over anything but just "back up to it".

The second "1650 rear end" is to simplify linkages and minimize potential speed differences caused by different rear ends. It will spend some time on hard surfaces.....

I'm new to Cadets so any ideas are welcome.

So, besides external vs internal brakes, any other differences to consider?

Are there other models that I should consider for this project besides the 1650 that I have?

(I can always restore this one into a nice tractor for home use...)

Thanks in advance,

-Steve-
Broussard, LA

Cub Cadet 169 Hydraulic Lift.

Thanks guys for answering my questions about the spring and cone.

Charlie, if the spring and cone are available through one of your sources, would you please email me at [email protected] and let me know how I can purchase the parts?

Thanks again, I'm really looking forward to installing and using the new lift.

John-David Reaves

Brendan: "Awesome protection plan"
lol.gif

John-David Reaves:

Here is a Hydro Circuit Schematic for the Sundstrand Hydro...
90362.jpg

The parts they are talking about are these...
90363.jpg

I haven't checked with Cub Cadet, but these parts are still available from your local Sundstrand (Sauer-Danfoss) dealer.

Steve, sounds like an interesting project. You should be able to do that with any Cub Cadet hydrostatic rear end, you'll probably only need one of the hydrostatic pumps to be ported for the hydraulics so you can look at everything from a 123 on up. There are differences in how the hydrostatic controls are setup, linkages, levers and so on but you'll likely be altering all that anyway. If you have not already looked there, have a look in the "Cool IH Cub Cadets Not OEM but better'n' new ! ! !" forum section. There are several 4x4 Cub Cadets in there. You'll want to especially look at the one that Darryl Schmidt built. Hopefully Darryl will see your post and jump in here to answer some of your questions.

Brendan, nice shed! Umm, what's the protection plan's name?

Bryan, I got the lift installed with the brackets on the INSIDE of the frame.
proud.gif
Had to repaint the bolt heads, darn rattle can paint isn't very tough.
angry.gif

Bruce M., I thought about posting the photos side by side but then recalled your post in the Off Topic Classifieds.
clown.gif

90370.jpg

90371.jpg

90372.jpg

90373.jpg

Kraig-
That looks fantastic!
thumbsup.gif

I was in the garage myself last night (working on <font color="119911">ANOTHER</font> tractor)....
whistling.gif

When I looked over and saw the Plow Special, I couldn't help but lift the cover-tarp to make sure I put the brackets on the inside of the frame (which I did by the way!).
rofl.gif

Art

It's about time you finish that <font color="119911">other </font><font color="000000">tractor.

I just got a set of tru powers for my </font><font color="119911">other </font><font color="000000">tractor. I'll probably mount them tonight, you have any suggestions on how to mount them???????????</font>

Latest posts

Back