• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through August 26, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
old.gif
clappy.gif

Aaytay lol i had my giggle today thanks
beerchug.gif
and Charlie you can send that 14 hp right over here lol. I got a call last night from the shop doing my 14 K rebuild and i have to go and pick it up its rebuilt. now i will see how long a .030 bore will last pushing snow . Later Don T

John-David Reaves
That step is necessary, and your 169 is not already set up. The spring and cone needed were part of the hydraulic retrofit kit, and are no longer available from Cub Cadet. The easiest fix is to rob them from the hydro from a 149, 1450, 1650 or a model that has/had a hydraulic lift installed. Just be sure to keep the spring and cone together, and put then in the same relative position - that is implement relief to implement relief, and charge relief to charge relief.

Bruce, thanks for your input, I dont have the motor yet so I was wondering what I'm going to be looking at, I would just like to have the tractor moveable for now until I get the original motor rebuilt. as of right now I'm looking for a reputable shop around here. about how much should I expect to pay for rebuilding this motor? its deffinatly gonna need bored over. are there balance gears in this engine? should I have them removed or????

Kraig -

That's PDQ for book rate... Thanks again!

Actually, putting the footrest supports on the OUTSIDE of the frame was caused by me wanting to drive it already...
lol.gif

BRYAN!!!!!!!!!!!

Metra is eliminating the BAR CAR!

You've got connections! Do something!

Bryan, I'm glad you mentioned that about the footrest/lift arm rockshaft supports! I have looked at those assembly photos for guidance and I'm planning on installing the lift arm tonight....
90323.gif

Good thing I'm also using some detail photos of Dan's Original that I took at the WFM Spring Tillage day in Menominee, WI back in 2002.
thumbsup.gif

90325.jpg

Ray -

They've been gone from the UP for a long time. As my train home proves, you don't need a bar car to have a good time. Just people willing to lug their own booze cuz noone said you can't drink...

Kraig -

I didn't have any pictures handy and Dan had only done 100s to that point (which have the supports outside the frame)...

However, on its debut in Sandwich, it got past Jim Chabot, and he was all over it...
wink.gif

Bryan, did you ever move the support brackets to the inside? Yeah, but Jim C., like the rest of us, was still learning back in those days, I bet it wouldn't slip by him now.

Art, good thing it's gonna have turf treads for now.
happy.gif

Kraig -

By the time we noticed, it was too late, the paint was marred on the frame.

can anybody tell me what models a snowblower will fit on? The snowblower is model 190-350 100/H1698. The model # is almost impossible to read but I think it is correct. The serial number is 21-045-0901. I currently have it fixed to run on a '72 129 but would like to sell it and somebody with a 80's 1320 was interested if it would fit. Thanks for any help.
Jim

John-David Reaves,

169's with manual lifts were built with hydrostatic pumps that contained the hydraulic ports for the hydraulic lift. Since the ports were capped at the factory, the one spring and cone were not installed, but are necessary when hydraulic lift is added. Check with your local John Deere dealer as they had a garden tractor series (model 320 or 330?) that used the same Sunstrand hydro pumps as IH and one of the models had hydraulic lift. I got the spring from them a year or two ago for my 169 rebuild project that I'm working on as it was NLA from Cub Cadet. I could have got the cone from them too but I got one from CC as they were still available at that time.

Alternatively, Charlie may be able get the spring and cone from the company that now makes these pumps as he has new hydraulic dump valves available for the hydros on his web site. These pumps are still being produced so the the spring and cone should still be available, just not through CC.

Charlie
you're shameless... rotflmao...
roflol.gif

What a busy week. My mother and her bf had a bunch of trees cut to lumber and decided my shed was not big enough. Almost done. My new Cub shack and the awesome protection plan I got with it ! <font size="-2">Stupid Geico commercial
</font>
90345.jpg

90346.jpg

Tied the 73's gas tank to a wheel of the 102 yesterday for 2 hours, now it's sparkly clean. Got it goin on it's own today.
90347.jpg

90348.jpg

Latest posts

Back